Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports FC 24 - Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Worth investing in 84s and 85s? They seem very low at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

It usually is. Last year it took a good bit longer than previous years for them to shoot up to make great profit but it did eventually. As I've done the past few years I've bought several dozen Parejos all 3k-3.5k. He should shoot up into the mid teens eventually.

Also bought a stack of Casemiros for 15k-17k.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

How's everyone finding the gameplay this year? I'm enjoying it, finding it hard to defend and feel I'm gonna need some time to get the hang of precision passing but other than that it's good. Even finding squad battles enjoyable which is something I never thought I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Davy05

The shooting feels veeeery heavy to me so far. Can't seem to find the sweet spot yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Gameplay seems fine this year. Not revolutionary. Objectives is still ass though. Have one objective highlighted that i just cant seem to find amongst the many objective boxes. Should be a claim all button at main objectives menu

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I find the app is way easier to handle objectives with. Menu design in game is ass.

gameplay is mostly the same as last year, imo, but I liked last years.

After packing Silva and Rodri since launch, I just packed an untradeable Walker, and a tradeable KdB today in back to back packages. It’s like it knows I’m a United fan and taunts me 😂 Sold KdB and going to pump coins into my team immediately, in some form.

As a manu fan too it is hard but I have to avoid their players. They are not up to scratch.

Struggling in div 8 already even with loans Scholes and henry

I'm weighing up whether or not I should spend the KdB income on Varane.

I hate paying 100k for a gold player, but he would tie up the French/PL hybrid I've got going right now....

Hahaha.

85x2 pack.

england flag. City flare. John Stones.

Oh, and Rashford in the pack as well. 😂 9k value vs 250k value. (I’m low key having insane luck so far though. I now have six untradeable players, I think, worth over 100k….)

4 minute per half squad battles are a godsend. And 8 less games. As a work from home degenerate I think I have done enough for Elite 1 this week, hopefully 😲

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I have the free trial on pc and the game is absolutely atrocious.

sound issues, controller issues and general hanging in the menus show they did absolutely zero QA on the pc version.

I play on pc too, my pc being a few years old too and do have a few issues, but not many. Gameplay improved for me when I turned off Vsync but still doesnt run as well as last years game. I do have some crashes out of the menu too.

Tonali packed, sell now or are they expected to rise when game is fully out?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I really hope the casuals come when the game launches proper.

cause I’m in Div 7, and it’s the same toxic negative football shite that put me right off the game round already. 6 defenders, run to the by line, etc.

Just noticed Ronaldo is only 40k on Xbox, and Messi is 220k.

Thus making this the quickest I’ve ever been able to afford both 😂.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,074 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I've been in 2 games where the other player quit and it counted as a loss to me. One was a draft where I had a pretty tasty team with Mbappe up front too 😟

If you haven't done Banini do her sbc. She's absolutely cracked. She's carried me upto Div 5 and is lashing in the goals. Playing her at the left CF in 4321 with hawk on her. She can also play at LW.

She's not fast but she has the the rapid trait as well. Think of her as the female version of Messi...

I’m tempted but have literally zero players who will chem her in :(

I’m using Llorente and Molina to chem her in. Same club but different leagues give her chem:

• Advertisement

Really hate how no chemistry on English male and female league. Having to get same team is a pain

Goncalo Ramos has dragged me back into IF trading 😂 5 sold in three cycles this morning, at 7k profit each.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Not spending money on packs this year. I HAD to get Correa in - adore playing with him last year. Pulled Antoine last night in an 83X10. Will focus on defense now and will do the Banini SBC.

Any suggestions in defence?

Smashed in qualifiers yesterday, 7 losses 3 wins, free weekend Happy days 🤣

This has me into this weekends champs on my second try (went 1-9 first go with a different set up, this got me 7-3 which is unusually good for me).

All untradeable. Maguire is unironically one of my favourite defenders this year, lol. Put him in originally cause I’m using the Evolutions to get United players, have kept him in for the time being cause the big lad is a tank. Davies and Hernandez on the left flank are super solid defensively. Maddison is slow on the right, but his passing makes up for it.

Fati is pacey but I’ll look to upgrade him shortly (maybe with the Son POTM if it’s affordable).

I failed to qualify last week losing the last game I needed in extra time. Didn't play game all week so far and feel better 😌

Team for WL.

I've about 600k and I might buy Shevchenko (loved his card at start and Nedved..not spending 100k on bloody gold cards though.

Although CR7 is at 26k and I could put both him and Neymar up front too.

Might go with this..

Probably be a week or two before I even get the points to try again.

• Advertisement

WL is fuckin brutal today. 8 straight losses. I don't think I've ever had 8 straight before ever...

Ended up dumping my lalgia team and brought in Robbie Keane and Varane.

Won my next game :) hooray...except the guy gave it to me lol

Advertisement