Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports FC 24 - Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Did the 84+ player pick from season rewards and got Raul for it. Good fodder I was thinking but then I see he goes for 1 mill.

So much high rated fodder and nothing to spend it on.

For the first time ever I have packs for Toty….128 at the last count and with season and weekend rewards will increase it even more. I’m bound to get at least one toty :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I hate the way they stagger TOTY though. Probably have to wait till deep into next week to start opening

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Will be beyond that, release is next Friday 19th, so you are probably looking at the following Thursday before they are all in packs.

Damn it, thought release was tomorrow 😭

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭djan

Picked up the game last week for 20 euro on xbox so thought why not.

Got this team together and going well as I think haven't lost a game in rivals from 20 odd and went 7 - 2 in the weekend champions thingy. Still not sure how that works tbh.

Problem is my star striker Mia Hamm loan card is finished now and with roughly 60k coins looking for a replacement of similair nimble speedy ilk. Any suggestions for the team below?

there's a wellbeck sbc for around the 60k mark I think...he looks pretty good.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Jaysus either you're amazing at this game or the matchmaking gods were smiling on you to get 7 wins in WL with that team.

I only started a few weeks ago, team is currently:

Got 8 wins last WL but it was an absolute slog. Getting killed by teams in midfield who have Vieira, Zidane etc just dominating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭djan

Haha thanks, well I did play FIFA at a professional level years back so while it has changed a fair bit, the skill still translates to the newer ones. Don't really play regularly that much but would handily hover in Div1 seasons. Not a big fan of the FUT grind so I just make random teams for fun and get satisfaction in beating way way better teams regularly 😅

Have kept the team same and at the moment rocking Special Richarlison and Objective Jota up front and they're doing pretty well. Definitely is frustrating when some of my players just get stat checked by icons etc. even when playing better but makes it interesting at least.

You really notice the icon stat checking when you're playing with base gold players.

Like when I'm up against Zidane and Vieira etc in midfield my Tonali and Stones will literally teleport away from the ball because of the icons being close by, Silva's dribbling will suddenly become awful and he'll turn like a bus.

Still though, beating someone with a team full of elite icons is fun, it just rarely happens.

• Advertisement

Oh lordy, there's a Flashback TOTY Bruno Fernades card coming, via SBC ❤️ Shame my Red 90 Bruno will be retired, but I am ploughing all fodder into it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

Lucked out with the 5 x 83+ attacker pack. My first ever non-goalie TOTY card

got this in a normal 83x5 pack.

first time ever packing an icon from a standard pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭dmigsy

I've stopped chasing the meta power curve since October this year. Having a lot of fun with this Liverpool P&P team. It's competitive enough too. 8-1 so far this WL. Nothing sweeter than stuffing a Zidane/Vieira/Mbappe/Eusebio identikit team with a John Barnes/Harry Kewell hat trick. Szoboszlai is lethal both in open play and on corners. VVD has had a good few hattricks from his corners. Balotelli and Kent with 99 dribbling and Shelvey with 99 pace are great off the bench. A better RB would be nice though!

I use that evo Szoboslai as well and 100% agree. His corner delivery is insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

First time packing a TOTY, from an 80x10 😮

Packed TOTY Millie Bright. Never played for Liverpool so she's just high rated fodder. TOTY VVD or bust!

190 packs saved and ready to go for Friday.

Been so tempting to start pulling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

I had a rake of packs saved but I needed to open them over the weekend as I needed to finish that POTM Mbappe and spend as little coins as possible. 150+ mainly untradeable packs, took bloody hours as I was recycling dupes.

Had enough 86/87 fodder left over to do that Icon pick though and ended up with that 93 Henry before I even had a go with Mbappe.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Davy05

Lost count of how many packs of done at this stage after hoarding them. Finally got a TOTY player: Lena Oberdorf. Wasn't my first choice but crazy stats and playstyles on inspection. That'll do.

• Advertisement

Haven't opened anything yet bar the twice daily 30 coin pack and the 75+ Player Picks you get from the Daily Play Objectives. Have plenty saved up, think around 250 but only 100 or so decent packs 84x 20, 83x 20, Rare Players etc. Holding off until Friday to start opening when full TOTY teams are in packs as well as Honourable Mentions. Have plenty of fodder already so will be doing the Bruno FB card definitely and then either one of the icons or if they release another decent SBC.

just so you know no need to wait till tomorrow. All totys are in packs from 6pm this evening apparently.

Yet to pull one but did get Zola who's fantastic and Cech who's absolutely useless..

I've had so much fodder from opening packs that I did Sawa and Bruno...

Sawa is great but she's only 5ft 4 or something ..Bruno is god tier.

current squad...I have about 60 of the Premier packs so hoping to get a toty or 2 today..

I have still to do the two 88 squads for Bruno and I'm now totally out of fodder and coin-less. Gonna take me a while to get this together.

@Blazer - Zola's finesse shots are 👌

TOtY are all added now.

honorable mentions are tomorrow.

icons on Sunday.

Got bored so started ripping packs open. Don’t think I’d pack an icon and none of the HMs will make my team.

not packed anything, but did pack base Cruyff from the 88+ SBC, which is awesome. And did the Bruno SBC too, so that’s two big players added. Never used Cruyff before so that’s a nice fun bonus.

Yeah but HMs all go in today. Just more high rated cards I know I'm not going to pack.

That TAA HM is a godsend. The pace boost makes a massive difference. Not getting burned for pace now.

First WL game I faced a strike partnership of TOTY R9 and TOTY CR7. I ended up losing 3-4 but with double the xg he had. 🙄

Burned through all my tradeable packs (which weren't great) Premium Gold Players etc. Then also all my good untradeable packs:

3x 84*20

1x 84*10

3x 83*20

3x 83*10

7x 87*3

Then a load of Rare Gold & Jumbo Rare Gold Packs and the rest of my 85+*2, 86+*2 etc.

Every single card a gold bar one 85 Rated IF. Every card rated under 88 except for 1* Ter Stegen. Every year I tell myself I won't get disappointed and every year I get sucked in.

Finally packed a TOTY.

Bright. She looks fun, tho I worry about a shorter woman at CB. But her stats look incredible.

• Advertisement

lol EA absolutely ballsed up tonight's content.

An 86+ player pick league SBC.

MLS seemed to have a really high hit rate, and of course Messi is the only non-hero card that's 86+ in the MLS, so LOADS of people have just got a 9 million TOTY Messi card for a 45k SBC.

SBC is now gone.

Must be the most expensive mistake they've ever made.

Weekend league and rivals is going to be awful, going to face that card so frequently now.

Advertisement