Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports FC 24 - Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

24hrs is fast by ea standards to be fair. Although it's funny how any store issues (25k Hero pack) can be fixed in an hour.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Had my best weekend in a while, and got 50 points.

The removal of red cards is such a killer for motivation though. 1 got one 88 card (some woman from the Spanish league), two 85s and nothing else. Not even really any fodder (since there's never SBCs that need less than 85 squads, lol), and certainly no special cards, even with an Ultimate Pack for a prize.

I'm not saying the red picks were ever amazing but it felt you had something of a chance with them...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

So not worth doing weekend league then ? I am qualified but no time this,weekend.

If you’re playing for prizes, meh.

im enjoying the gameplay, minus the obsession with cutbacks and six defenders from people.

but that’s waning when I’ve not upgraded my team for two weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

11 wins this week, got Benzema, Kounde and a couple of 88s. Already had Kounde in my team so sold him on for 180k. Made just short of 350k so was definitely worth it for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I missed out on WL by one point due to me not spending the money on a striker.

decided to knock out the xp points and close out some squad battles challenge which got me to level 40.

Got Neymar so trying to fit him into my team.

tempted to do Son’s potm because he’s a beast ingame

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

11 wins again, awful rewards again. 87 odegaard the pick of the bunch. Only saving grace was the 50 champs wins milestone which had Messi.

Something felt different with the matchmaking this weekend, usually id have a few games against far superior players where I'd get hammered or quit, and a few where I'd go a few goals ahead and get a rage quit.

This week though every game was a battle, no hammerings and only 1 or 2 rage quits. Anyone else have similar?

icon sbc out ..max 87 overall...

cheap though..I got lucky and got Ballack who slots right into my team..but in honestly there's probably only 4 or 5 cards that would do that out of that sbc.

I would have preferred a max 90overall and double the price.

Options are…

Above 500K: Torres, Essien, Makelele, Zambrotta

+300K: Rijkaard, Zola, Petit, Ballack, Barnes, Vidic

+200K: Cole, Campbell, Lampart, Hernandez

+100K: Pires, Seedorf, Crespo, Veron, alonso, Suker, Gattuso, Wright, Keane

Rip: Larsson, Kluivert, Trezegeut, Rush

• Advertisement

Wright from mine.

tbh, I’ll actually use him for a bit, cause I was lazily using the trailblazer Wilson this weekend. So he’s an upgrade.

got Tonali as well from one of the packs. Might try him over Rodri for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Got Trezeguet to go with my Kanu from the hero one 🔥

Keane for me, the only icon I had already owned. I can sell the tradeable and breakeven so could've been worse

Ha, WL paying off this weekend…

Got tradeable DeJong, Silva and two other women 87s. Big weekend

Splashed out 150k on getting Llorente's evolution card.. he'll be absolutely op in the game right upto tots.

Toughest fut champs i can remember. Only scraped 9 wins on the last match. I thought if you lost 5 in a row you would match with a player on similar? Not this weekend anyway.

And all that for 89 rodri, actually feel a bit envious of the people in here who didn't get the new game 🤣

EA has hugely nerfed pack weight...even looking at mutliple steams none of them were getting trailblazers or centurions..

EA's new model is probably those untradeable packs at 3000 fifa points etc so further increase their profits.

the new pack has made the game even worse...the amount of ridiculous goals I conceded in WL this weekend was crazy..I had one occasion where the guy played an over the top ball...both of my CB's were miles clear of his striker and would comfortably get the ball except the 2 fuckin twats banged into each other 10 yards from the ball and his striker casually strolled up, got the ball and scored a goal. Had to turn it off at that stage.

Did the hero pack twice. Kanu and...

Both useless to me but for completely different reasons. If only you could still swap players in ultimate team with other teams like the old 'trade offers' option years ago.

No packs for Season Milestone rewards 😂

A lot are saying this is true.

i can’t believe EA are stupid enough to kill rivals engagement.

if they are I’m just cancelling EA play and am out.

• Advertisement

It’s 100% true cause Season 2 started today 🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 19,707 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

not even sure why i come into the thread! but nothing i have seen makes me regret not partaking this year, its a pity i enjoy a decent game against a similar level opponent but this incessant grind with poor rewards takes the fun out of it.

Evolutions might be the only positive thing they've done this year. It might actually be possible to build a competitive Irish team for champs. This is my team for this week

Those 84+ x2 SBCs are a godsend.

Cause the base price for IFs is now 16k, and I had 70 of them bought at 10k which have been slowly ticking over the last 24 hours as a result 😂

More evolutions released at 6pm means I can turn my Evan Ferguson into an 87 now. Still get battered in champs though but ya know....

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

From Elite 2 Squad Battles!!!

nice :)

That Bacha SBC card is so much fun. I bought Crouch and am just whipping in pass after pass to his head with insane accuracy. Got IF Trippier from the IF SBC so have him doing similar the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Davy05

Great shout! I had missed this card at first glance but went and got it. Having her on the left and Trent on the right is insane. Both with "whipped cross +" leaves you with a constant out ball or counter attack opportunity from deep! It's impossible to defend it most the time and leads to some impressive assists.

• Advertisement

Lads, I was happy to pack Haaland.

then packed IF Haaland from the TOTW upgrade SBCs.

So you can imagine my joy at this one today…

Advertisement