Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Men No Longer Want to Date, Why?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,182 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

No, it isn't. If it was about equality, they'd be taking action. They just want to wail about women.

I'm not opposed to the idea of relationship education. I just think there are more pressing things to fix in Ireland's education system.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

The agreement was fcuk buddy. If I wanted to pay for sex I'd get a brazzer

• Registered Users Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

I think anyone with an ounce of sense has rolled their eyes and decided you're a crackpot at this stage.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

...we re clearly experiencing a rapid increase in relationship dysfunctions and breakdowns, theres clearly something happening at a fundamental level in regards how we relate to one another, modern society is beyond dysfunctional, in maintaining functional relationships, this is leading to even more dysfunctional outcomes, and permeant damage to individuals

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,182 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Spoken like someone who clearly doesn't give a toss about anyone.

No evidence so I'll consider this debunked.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,116 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

If a girl is expecting any of the following….

a chauffeur

a human ATM / tab payer

a non stop advice guru / problem solver

its no thanks, worn that Tshirt with one girl before in my younger days, mid twenties and whist eventually I copped on…

relationship is a partnership.

there are a significant number of girls with princess syndrome whom need to be avoided, like the plague. Lots of nice ones of course but you need to be picky.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

No evidence? You clearly have an axe to grind on this topic and it's plain as day.

You consider this debunked? What sort of narcissistic drivel is that?

And I clearly don't give a toss about anyone? Where's your evidence? Can I make a grandiose statement about considering your opinion being debunked now?

Absolute nonsense of the highest order.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭pgj2015

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭CreadanLady

Sounds absolutely horrendous. Cringey and forced.

The MFV Creadan Lady is a mussel dredger from Dunmore East.

Having dinner with someone isn't paying for sex in fairness.

I have had fwb where I might pick up food on the way to hers, she would do likewise, that isnt paying for sex, its just being a normal person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭lmao10

I have definitely seen the phenomenon of a lot of incels trying to market themselves as "going their own way". In reality they have been sent their own way i.e women don't want them. There is then some hostility and bitterness towards women which is sad to see. Most people are fine and end up in good loving relationships but the ones who can't achieve this unfortunately become bitter and are keen to make their voices heard.

Picking up food isn't the same as going out for dinner. You get takeaway to eat. You go out for dinner for the food and experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,265 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

No, you used it as fuel to go off on a rant. And not every act of equality gets action. Or even attention. You know that as well as I do.

In any case, I admitted that I wasn't sure if the courts still favoured female parents over male in divorce settlement hearings. Been a while since I lived in Ireland.

And I'd also argue that social and relationship education for teenagers is one of the most important and lacking aspects of education.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Didn't think my opinion of you could get any lower, but you've confounded my expectations . Well done.

its only money, no big deal in going out for dinner with someone you are having sex with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭growleaves

I wonder have they made the effort but to be truly social?

I think Irish people - men and women - are generally shy. If a person grows their social circles then that problem is mostly solved.

I just wonder are people giving up too easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Clearly there is shady behaviour and assholes of both genders - to tar all women or men with the same brush is ridiculous. There can be trends to the type of assholery that that nasties of each gender get up to - but most people are decent and if you have been around the dating scene long enough you will spot the narcissists etc. - just don’t be a gullible eejit or have unrealistic expectations

If people dismiss the grievances of men as guff, it's hardly gonna help win hearts and minds.

Men do have reason to feel disenfranchised - fathers' rights and rights in terms of assets after a marriage breaks down (I only have brothers, and thank goodness they are married to wonderful women), the expectation to take it on the chin and be strong and stoic, and dismissed as whiney if they don't... yet paradoxically accused of toxic masculinity and being stunted emotionally. Accused of being complicit in rape culture and violence against women... just because of being men (rape culture? Check out Eritrea - my second time mentioning it here in recent days because I've been learning about it and my mind is blown) when only the violent men should be blamed, and collective shaming isn't going to make the violent men less violent.

Men are ridiculed in popular culture - we all know the tropes, like in ads where the man is an eejit and the woman is a rock of sense.

But... it can't be denied that there IS a lot of resentment towards women here - imagine if a bunch of women were on a thread here talking about men like that. Wouldn't it be misandry? There definitely are women with a crappy attitude (not helped by popular culture either) but I don't recognise those women as part of my reality at all. Maybe it's an age thing, maybe it's because the Love Island/Cardi B/Kardashian thing is so prominent in younger generations.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 16,252 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Yeah American comic Bill Maher, 65 and never hitched, looked like the model of a carefree bachelor yet he still got ensnared by a, well, I'll let him describe her

Horrible people exist.

There's the tendency here to view women as having a monopoly on appalling behaviour.

I've met some right "beauts". Still don't view them as representative of all men.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭growleaves

Women - a great bunch of lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,118 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

And you wonder why you can't attract a decent girl.

🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 16,762 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

It's refreshing to see the parody accounts called out.

Accounts that started with a more macho persona and morphed into earnest white knights, they certainly took a few along for the ride for quite some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,851 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Everyone I know complains about the other sex, usually in a light-hearted way, but there's one friend in our circle who is serious about it.

It's very obvious to everyone else, and I mean everyone, that he has an "issue" with women. Just putting that out there.

Thanks! I do not care what your opinion is, never even heard of your username before!

Apart from not wanting to. Going to restaurants for meals isn't something I do unless I have to.

Hmmmm where did I say I wonder why I can't attract a nice girl? 🤣

As per the thread, I choose to be single. Can get what I need from the apps. There's loads of horny women out there just like the men. Most of the time you don't even need to go on a date, just text them on a weekend night and bring them straight over to your place.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,118 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

If the above is how you view women, then you shouldn't be surprised when the only women you can get near are the dregs who are, to quote you, "looking for a mans money or his spunk."

And crying about it on a message forum isn't going to do anything for you. 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭laoisgem

did/do you find you have a problem with females speaking their mind?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,265 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

There is a bit of an incel-y vibe coming off of a few of the posts in the last page or two, it had to be said

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Advertisement