Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Men No Longer Want to Date, Why?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭spontindeed

One reason Men no longer want to date Women is because Men's rights are being eroded by our Justice Minister. Consent is being weaponized and re-defined in complicity with radical feminist NGO's and Men are hitting back by boycotting relationships resulting in Women not being able to have children and being single for the rest of their life. Even good guys are alarmed by the increasingly anti-male policies of our Justice system.

In fact, today the Justice Minister Helen McEntee announced sweeping changes to make it more difficult for a Man to defend himself in a Court of Law when accused of a sexual misstep. There are cases of vexatious accusations as we saw in one particular case within the last two months where the accused Man was acquitted. Since 2017, a defendant accused of rape (even if the accusation is malicious) can no longer cross-examine the accuser in a Court of Law - how is that fair?

As long as the courts and laws remain hostile to Men, less good guys will commit to a Woman. No Man is ever going to date a Woman who could make a malicious accusation against him because in most cases the accuser will be believed. That strikes to the heart of a Man and few Women appreciate that. It's like an attack on your rights and Men value their rights just like Women. If there's no fairness in our Justice system or Courts, why should Men trust Women?

I have middle class friends and these Men in their late 20's and early 30's have pulled back from relationships with Women because it's hard to predict a Woman's state of mind. They are worried about the anti-male policies of this Government and have difficulty trusting Women because of it. So you can thank our Justice Minister and her radical feminist NGO's who have hijacked our rule of law - akin to mob rule. I hope there are decent Women out there that will disown these radical feminist NGO's and Justice Minister who's destroying Women's chances of finding decent guys.

Post edited by spontindeed on

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭rightmove

No free contraception for males sends wrong message

It’s encouraging to know that contraception will be free for women between the ages of 17 and 25. But why only for women? What about male contraception? The Government should also make condoms free for those in that age group.

In a healthy society, young men should share the responsibility of contraception with women to avoid unplanned preg- nancies and becoming parents before they are ready.

Alison Hackett, Dun Laoghaire, Co Dublin

an side to the lst comment also

• Registered Users Posts: 33,265 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I see your point, but that's only really an issue if you have sex with the woman on the first date. If you have two, three or four dates and you get to know her, then that's less likely to happen.

For that reason, one night stands are always going to be risky. Especially if a lot of alochol has been consumed. But the question isn't why men no longer want to have one-night-stands or sex on the first date.

In any case, if the guy is only after sex, then yeah - multi-dating the same woman isn't really the way to go about it - and perhaps that's the answer to the question?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Lads have probably been stung too many times and know better.

Too many women are looking for the man to provide for them, judging them on their job or money. I don't think men do the same or as much anyways. They may seek an equal, someone who is similar to them but it's not because they are after the womans money.

I went on a couple dates with this one. Was ok but I wasn't feeling it and neither was she. So I had kinda made my mind up we'd be friends. She asked my job and when I told her she knew I had money. She changed, came much more into me. Didn't change my mind. We remain friends and meet up and she's looking for a fella. She's told me she wants someone rich so she can live the "babygirl" life...whatever that is! I said she needs a tech nerd who has awful social skills love her.

Even the **** buddies look for the good time. One I started with around October/November time was looking for a christmas present. I kept making excuses hoping she'd get the hint I wasn't getting a present and she got all cranky. Asked to come over one night and she said she was with someone else, so I just blocked them and deleted their number.

Fancied getting together with another one I was with before and text her and she started going on about taking her out for dinner and then back to hers. Didn't message her again.

In short, seems to be too many women looking for a mans money or his spunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭growleaves

@Pussyhands 'She's told me she wants someone rich so she can live the "babygirl" life...whatever that is!'

I'm guessing it means not working and being given cash and gifts.

Not to defend these women but it may be the psychological feeling of being taken care of rather than pure greed that (part-)motivates them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheTruth89

Because most women now a days are absolute self entitled headmelts with a princess mentality, in simpler terms a nightmare to live with... factor in then if you have the misfortune to get married or have kids with one of these the system absolutely rails you... battle to see the kids that you ll lose and for your troubles she'll take half of everything you have instantly.

Any man that is considering marriage needs to be psychologically evaluated because they arent of sane mind. There is no deal worse for a man than marriage.

Seems some men only go for one particular type of woman. Try going to different bars than the flash ones where everyone is dolled up to within an inch of their lives... and nightclubs seem grim.

And take up running or hiking or cookery. Film, languages, music/gigging, literature, writing, gaming, art, theatre, comics/animation, photography, local history/archaeology, architecture/design - see if there are relevant clubs... even online with meetups. No way are most women so nightmarish - ye have a dreadfully skewed/limited outlook.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

What is the generalisation of males!

Feck sake. Surprise, surprise males like connection and love. Cop on to yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Housefree

Go stand outside any family court sitting and talk to the men walking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Maybe most of the good ones are in relationships, other men are on tinder looking for casual sex. There's probably men out there who only go out with professional women who are on a good wage, it goes both ways, I think dating always has been exhausting and chaotic and random

It's a cliche why buy the cow if you get the milk for free

Maybe someone needs to write an up to date book guide to dating , when everyone's on social media, tiktok, insta, tinder etc

Yes the court system is definitely biased towards women because usually women do most of the housework and childcare even if the woman is working

• Advertisement

Yes the court system is definitely biased towards women because usually women do most of the housework and childcare even if the woman is working

Traditional stereotypes never really go away do they? Even when they're no longer accurate.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,492 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Why?

I will be brutally honest here, I am one that walked out of a family court and spoke to several others while there. Most of the men that were there didnt want to help contribute to their childrens lives or have any part in it. Men and women can be complete disasters when it comes to dating.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,648 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

You’ll here ‘that bitch’ this and f-ing “c word” that. C words will be dropped like punctuation.

Those lads have only one thing in mind, and it’s not the kids. It’s to hurt their, former, partner as much as possible.

They’ll play the “poor me” song down the pub but the last thing they want is having to deal with, or look after, their kids.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Fancied getting together with another one I was with before and text her and she started going on about taking her out for dinner and then back to hers. Didn't message her again.

It wasn't much to ask in fairness? would it not be nice to go for a meal with her first? you come off as tight here to be honest, she should have blocked you after that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

All men involved in custody battles are only investing their time to harm their ex partners?

Can't wait to see the study you're about to post that backs this claim up.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭play4fun1

this reminds me of a short video, of a girl openly admitting that she goes on a date with a different guy each day, only not to cook, or buy a meal for herself

also -dinner and her place latter - sounds like a "payment"...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭homingbird

pgj2015 I would agree with you 1000% on that statement she asked him back how many girls would ask you back on first date.

Interesting point alright.

Hormonal contraception for young women is hardly a panacea as it carries side effects for some women.

Making condoms more readily available would seem to be a more effective way of ensuring everybody has access to contraception, governments in African countries have been doing this for three decades now but Ireland has to sign up to cover the cost of pharmaceutical contraception (no one in the pharmaceutical industry is making out like a bandit here of course so no need to think about that).

It's also saying to young gay men that their sexual health aren't important either, at a time where increasing numbers of STD's are occurring in that group.

Giving young women access to contraception is on the surface a good thing but the way the Irish government is going about it seems like a strange exercise when you stand back and think about it.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

I'm attracted to a person who has a good personality, funny, able to call me out when I'm slacking off or unhelpful if she's under pressure.

A bit bossy but fair, nothing wrong with a woman who'll speak her mind and just leave it there. An independent confident woman I find the most attractive. And there's nothing wrong with being told to cop yourself on either.

I like a fiesty woman, who's self aware and able to tell me what I did to piss her off, instead of ruminating and holding it in an going silent.

My own partner I met in the fruit and veg section in Dunne's Ennis, her young lad dropped his toy out of the buggy and I gave it back to him, and cracked a joke. She was new in the area and I said something about her accent. We had brief banter. A week later we matched on tinder. That was 4 year's ago in November.

She's well spoken upper class from Glenageary in County Dublin settled near Kilkee, I'm agriculture class from the valley's in the Burren Co Clare , and we live apart, we love each other. I'm the quintessential west of Ireland dark rugged athletic manual worker, she's fit, looks like Ava Gardner classy, intelligent creative, firey, and expressive . Some people just happen to be in the right place at the right time.

Her boy's interested in the great outdoors like fishing, hiking and bushcraft so am I , so sometimes I teach him survival skills his mum brings the dogs and enjoys it too.

There's sparks now and again but that's ok,a guy has to accept his partner can get annoyed and he should not sulk or feel offended. As for passion and intimacy, both our sex drives are low, so we can go without for a few months and just by looking at each other we know we're on.... and when it's aligned it's amazing.

Who's to know it could fade or we could grow apart, but at the moment we're good. Someone better than I could come along or she could change her mind and decide to part,so could I . It's best to keep the feet on the ground and if one has to let go, well obviously you'd be heartbroken and miss the company love and passion. But having the strength of letting go with love is something that a lot of guy's need to realize. I've seen people invest everything they had in their relationships only to end up in St Pats absolutely melted because they lost themselves in someone else. It's always good to hold on to what you had before you met someone.

Dating isn't about money, earning potential or what you drive, it's about what drives someone to find security contentment and understanding.

Living apart suits a lot of people,I suppose it helps when you both have no mortgage and like your personal space etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭growleaves

You're generalising in the opposite direction to the poster you've replied to.

Just phrase what you're saying as a definitive principle to see how false it is:

"All fathers who are involved in family court disputes are primarily motivated by spite against their ex-partners and are apathetic towards their children."

• Advertisement

And what about all the contented men in relationships? You folks are biased in one direction. Who'd be hanging around outside family court apart from the actual families?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Plenty would on a first date if they fancied you. happened for me on my last date, but I ghosted her after as looking back a few days later, it was clear she was trouble. She was pointing out all the things she didnt like men to do and accused me of fighting and taking drugs out of nowhere lol. obviously she had been messed around in the past but that has nothing to do with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭YellowLead

• Registered Users Posts: 29,074 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

jesus christ, we really need to have a proper relationship educational program as a part of our educational system, how fcuked up have we become!

There's another one like that as well - be kind, and then tearing strips off people. Parody accounts I assumed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,181 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Why?

This men's rights drivel is largely irrelevant IRL. It's just edgy guff with no bearing in the real world.

I've no idea what happens to some men that they come out with such hateful nonsense about half of humanity.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 29,074 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

...we re clearly havent a fcuking clue how to approach relationships in modern times, many simply end up in highly dysfunctional situations, whereby everyone gets fcuked up.....

Yeah, men are the worst and should have no rights to their children the bastards.

You come out with some guff yourself.

You've no idea what happens to some men to make them have less than optimal opinions on women? I'll give you a clue, it's the same type of things that happen to women that have the same attitudes towards men.

Some men are horrible, some women are horrible, there is a clear inequality in the law in relation to custody of children and you think it's a non issue.

You want empathy for one group of people but outright deny it to others whilst ridiculing them. And people are supposed to take your opinion seriously?

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,265 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Actually, it's "equal" rights. There was a time not so long ago when this meant something if you were a separated or divorced man and wanted equal access to your kids - not sure if it's still relevant. But that's going off topic.

What's on-topic, though, is what this so-called "drivel" has to do wirth your opposition to relationship education. It's not something you were even remotely clear on - care to elaborate?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,181 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

What metric is there for this? I'm seeing no real problems beyond the silly victim fantasies such as are on display here.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Advertisement