Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,961 ✭✭✭✭titan18

niallo27 wrote: »
    In fairness to Cathal Crowe he replied to my email there, voicing my concern that we need to regain power over the country from nphet, he agreed with me and says he has got a hell of a lot of emails like mine, so email your TD guys.

I'm cork south central. Not sure emailing Martin, McGrath or Coveney will do any good here unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 6,036 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Martin won't be standing next election

Second seat there for SF if they manage O'Laoghaire's vote

McGrath and Coveney safe but maybe make them think at their running mates

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    I'm sure Holohan and Nolan are quaking in their boots, worst thing that could happen to them is to be retired with a €100k + a year taxpayer funded pension...

It might empower the government bit more
    Who already came out against the only the vaccinated approach

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

So why bring up a 1000 deaths in January, do you honestly think we would see a 1000 deaths from now until September if indoor dining was opened up or do you still not have any opinion.

The entire Covid Deaths issue remains open for consideration,but it is highly unlikely that much traction will be gained in this Republic,as our form of governance does not usually allow for detailed questioning.

Equally in the U.K.,it appears that centralized statistics for Burials & Cremations do not exist.

That said,there is evidence that some considered use of the Freedom of Information Act,can provide some interesting insights.

This refers to Leicester,but hopefully the Information Gathering principle will spread to the rest of the U.K.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/758442/response/1797397/attach/html/3/2021%2005%2025%20O%20Boye%2023158%20final%20response.doc.html

:confused::confused:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Sure Ive emailed them that many times I reckon Ive been blacklisted - hey don't even reply anymore to my emails.

Not to worry - soon as the next election comes around Ill have all the emails printed off with the times sent and ask why my local representatives didn't reply.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

In fairness to Cathal Crowe he replied to my email there, voicing my concern that we need to regain power over the country from nphet, he agreed with me and says he has got a hell of a lot of emails like mine, so email your TD guys.

I've done that before got the ****canned response tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭paconnors

Watch at the next Election the Number of FF RATS jumping ship to save there Arses. They will be a influx of EX FF's running as Indos

• Registered Users Posts: 13,864 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Martin won't be standing next election

Second seat there for SF if they manage O'Laoghaire's vote

McGrath and Coveney safe but maybe make them think at their running mates

He’s still get re-elected as a TD cos locals were delighted one of their own made taoiseach.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭PaulJoseph22

The virus doesn’t transmit in Wembley. No masks either, are we on the same continent?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭aziz

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    I'm sure Holohan and Nolan are quaking in their boots, worst thing that could happen to them is to be retired with a €100k + a year taxpayer funded pension...

And probably nice appearance fees from being wheeled out on every RTÉ program that would have them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

AlekSmart wrote: »
    We may also need to "keep in mind" that figures presented by NPHET/HSE should,most certainly,be subject to robust independent verification.

The "just over 2000" mentioned,appears to be 1,672 in reality.

https://gcn.ie/watch-dublin-bus-celebrates-pride-with-coming-out-video/?fbclid=IwAR25pa3UOeEpZ4LvHdE6F_dnJMy8cMvk60wC-IKQWwYfZiwZvjTz77cQFos

Did you mean to link to an article about Dublin Bus celebrating pride?

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Personally,I believe that Dr Holohan represents a wing of NPHET who have "skin in the Covid game" to the extent of it now requiring some form of Independent rview of NPHET's internal procedures and also a register of it's members interests,just as Members of the Oireachtas must comply with.

I am uncertain as to the actual Legal Standing of this "Emergency Team",but I remain hopeful that some means may soon be found to seek a Judicial Review of NPHET's activities.

This has gone long beyond Covid 19 and Public Health Emergencies,and appears now to be focused upon Coercion,Control and extending this situation,perhaps ad nauseum.

Today's announcement that the PUP is yet again rolled over to the 7th July for new entrants,could be viewed as cynical as it allows yet more youthful Bar/Restaurant staff to be paid for their compliance.

The entire charade stinks to the Highest of Heavens.

I' believe the "just over 2000" figure came from official tallies

This from the CSO
    From 28 February 2020 to 08 January 2021...

Since the start of the pandemic, the total number of people who have died due to COVID-19 in Ireland is 2,096, with a further 231 deaths cited as probable deaths linked to the virus. For the week ending 08 January, 85 deaths were recorded.

https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/br/b-cdc/covid-19deathsandcasesseries19/

Patser wrote: »
    Its unlikely NPHET just got their modeling results late yesterday and went Oh dear look... So why was Martin, Varadkar etc so unprepared?

The suspicion has to be that NPHET decided the ban on hospitality was to continue, and they orchestrated a set of numbers which would justify it.

It's been quite clear for several weeks that they had decided to continue the ban, regardless of what the Government wanted, and regardless of whether the numbers of sick people (the numbers in intensive care are half the number of NPHET members) justified it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,036 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1409860394454298625

Funny how much stock they're putting on the modelling seeing as it's so inexact

Open goal for NPHET to produce even more extreme scenarios in a few weeks time

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭JayReale

gozunda wrote: »
    So your telling me what I said is 'a lie by taking a single line out of context when discussing hospitalisation? And that even though I've clarified that for you already? Grand so...

Who mentioned "eliminate" :confused:?

Again this is what is stated

Or do you dispute that as well?

Any chance you lads would converse via PM instead of clogging up the thread with nonsense?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

b0nk1e wrote: »
    The suspicion has to be that NPHET decided the ban on hospitality was to continue, and they orchestrated a set of numbers which would justify it.

Its not like Tony would be against an independent review now would he.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Government have basically admitted today they just do what NPHET ask. It’s very worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Got a reply from Cormac Devlin too. Similar tone. The problem is he has replied before and never done anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭aziz

Probably come up with 10 million cases and 20 million deaths

No stopping them now

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The scenes in Wembley are making a mockery of this horsesh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

JayReale wrote: »
    Any chance you lads would converse via PM instead of clogging up the thread with nonsense?

Thanks for that. My apologies for clarifying the point made. But no matter as they are now on the ignore list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭brickster69

The virus doesn’t transmit in Wembley. No masks either, are we on the same continent!

Not on the same planet never mind continent :pac::pac::pac:

An evil man will burn his own nation to the ground to rule over the ashes - Sun Tzu

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Must not have the delta variant over there.

I found him to be absolutely spineless and a complete spoofer. Absolutely sick of the sight of the man.

It's Fianna Fail. They have a track record of ruining the country. Why did anyone expect any other outcome. He needs to go now, he's done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭morphy87

The way we’re going here,when will we witness this here,this bull**** has to come to an end shortly, unfortunately I can’t see pubs or restaurants open indoors for a while yet possible September , by the end of the month they will put off this spin about schools reopening

• Registered Users Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Must not have the delta variant over there.
    They have delta minus.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,185 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Government have basically admitted today they just do what NPHET ask. It’s very worrying.

Yup and there is no questioning or challenge to NPHET projections. They can produce whatever they want, 1 million cases, 2 million cases. Doesn't matter, government will swallow it and do NPHETs bidding.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭growleaves

They're going ahead with the vaccine discrimination thing. How awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

It's being suggested their final wave is reaching its peak around now, with very very manageable levels of hospitalization. This is with months of loose restrictions and using a less effective vaccine with one dose as the main one we have used for our population.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deusexmachina

What's wrong with that headline? NPHET did actually say that they're only reporting the facts just like every other news outlet did

The problem is that it is unchallenged. This is the paper which prides itself on being 'the paper of record'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

The outdoor / indoor pubs are going to be havoc across England tonight.

Tony is already concerned about people celebrating across the sea.

Advertisement