Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

Gemma O'Doherty and John Waters leading from the front. Nah your alright.

Hitler ate food, you don't eat food do you!???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Edz87 wrote: »
    Hitler ate food, you don't eat food do you!???

There's a handful of posters here who can't seem to get over their political hatred. I don't like either figure, but it's very telling that some people care more about the Gemma's of the world, than the state of our country.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 12,057 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

TomTomTim wrote: »
    There's a handful of posters here who can't seem to get over their political hatred. I don't like either figure, but it's very telling that some people care more about the Gemma's of the world, than the state of our country.

They are fascists, no sane person wants to be in the presence of them no matter what their stance on lockdown is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

Gael23 wrote: »
    Communions and conformations in July cancelled.

MM must have been invited to a wedding

Can I let my kids make their communion and call it a wedding??? Asking for a friend!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Rjd2 wrote: »
    They are fascists, no sane person wants to be in the presence of them no matter what their stance on lockdown is.

There's nothing sane about not fighting for your rights because some people you don't like have the same desires.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Stheno wrote: »
    10 deaths reported in June

No further data

Sorry it was actually 18 in June
    To date in June there have been 18 recorded deaths. The figure at the start of the month stood at 4,971. There were 68 deaths reported in May.

Since the HSE cyberattack there has been no breakdown in how many deaths have occurred since the attack on May 14th and how many are historic – meaning they occurred in previous months but are only being recorded now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Rjd2 wrote: »

Exactly, the likes of Waters and O Doherty are nutters and racists . I object highly to today’s decision but keep them away from any protest.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,862 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Guaranteed if they cut the payroll of all Civil/public servants by 10% to help pay for all these restrictions you'd see open warfare on the streets!

With no Tourism, Aviation or Hospitality industry earning revenue and paying taxes, who's paying for the 1/4 €Trillion national debt they have run up since taking power?

They don’t need to cut PS workers pay.

I suggested months ago pushing income tax rates up by 10% and loads on here had a Mickey fit.

If we’d done that the country would be in a much better position now.

Would’ve focused minds a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

niallo27 wrote: »
    So why bring up a 1000 deaths in January, do you honestly think we would see a 1000 deaths from now until September if indoor dining was opened up or do you still not have any opinion.

Eh? Because its in context . And yes I've already covered that btw.

Though maybe it would be best to write your own comment ...

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Ballynally

Extention of pub opening hours in NI.
    Nice that they decided to offset our delayed easing of restrictions by something positive.
    Imagine that, positivity from Northern Ireland.
    God, a long way fr the Tiger days..

• Advertisement

Exactly, the likes of Waters and O Doherty are nutters and racists . I object highly to today’s decision but keep them away from any protest.

Point at them and say "were not with them"

Protest continues..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Was there ever a figure for people who died because of Covid instead of with Covid?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

gozunda wrote: »
    Well no they don't "believe" "almost 3k will die in 3 months"

They presented two scenarios- the first a "worst case scenario" ie highly unlikely and a second "benign" scenario which deatail ICU and hospital rates over 3 months - which is not much different to what we have now.

As to the approx 5k who died since all this started. We do need to keep in mind that up to the December 2020 the number of deaths due to covid was just over 2000. And then in one month ie January 2021 - we experienced more than 1,000 additional deaths and 100,000 new cases.

And yes its sobbering to think that deaths here increased by 33% in a single month.

But no I'm not saying that will happen as given in the "worst case" scenario as per most "worst case" scenarios they are highly unlikely

We may also need to "keep in mind" that figures presented by NPHET/HSE should,most certainly,be subject to robust independent verification.

The "just over 2000" mentioned,appears to be 1,672 in reality.

https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/ep/p-vsys/vitalstatisticsyearlysummary2020/
    There were 1,672 registered deaths where COVID-19 was assigned as the underlying cause of death in 2020. There were a further 167 mortality records where there was a mention of COVID-19 in the narrative of the death certificate and where the underlying cause of death was not COVID-19.

Personally,I believe that Dr Holohan represents a wing of NPHET who have "skin in the Covid game" to the extent of it now requiring some form of Independent rview of NPHET's internal procedures and also a register of it's members interests,just as Members of the Oireachtas must comply with.

I am uncertain as to the actual Legal Standing of this "Emergency Team",but I remain hopeful that some means may soon be found to seek a Judicial Review of NPHET's activities.

This has gone long beyond Covid 19 and Public Health Emergencies,and appears now to be focused upon Coercion,Control and extending this situation,perhaps ad nauseum.

Today's announcement that the PUP is yet again rolled over to the 7th July for new entrants,could be viewed as cynical as it allows yet more youthful Bar/Restaurant staff to be paid for their compliance.

The entire charade stinks to the Highest of Heavens.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭SunnySundays

I think today's decision is madness having agreed with the majority of everything NPHET have done previously.

That said, I think Michael Martin is very good on RTE at the moment.

I usually don't like him or rate but given all of his performances to date, this is one of the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭noserider

AlekSmart wrote: »
    We may also need to "keep in mind" that figures presented by NPHET/HSE should,most certainly,be subject to robust independent verification.

The "just over 2000" mentioned,appears to be 1,672 in reality.

https://gcn.ie/watch-dublin-bus-celebrates-pride-with-coming-out-video/?fbclid=IwAR25pa3UOeEpZ4LvHdE6F_dnJMy8cMvk60wC-IKQWwYfZiwZvjTz77cQFos

Personally,I believe that Dr Holohan represents a wing of NPHET who have "skin in the Covid game" to the extent of it now requiring some form of Independent rview of NPHET's internal procedures and also a register of it's members interests,just as Members of the Oireachtas must comply with.

I am uncertain as to the actual Legal Standing of this "Emergency Team",but I remain hopeful that some means may soon be found to seek a Judicial Review of NPHET's activities.

This has gone long beyond Covid 19 and Public Health Emergencies,and appears now to be focused upon Coercion,Control and extending this situation,perhaps ad nauseum.

Today's announcement that the PUP is yet again rolled over to the 7th July for new entrants,could be viewed as cynical as it allows yet more youthful Bar/Restaurant staff to be paid for their compliance.

The entire charade stinks to the Highest of Heavens.

Excellent post

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Are you watching a different RTE news than me?
    Hes an idiot and shouldn't be the leader of this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Yep. You did!‘As detailed it is recommended that everyone gets both doses ASAP to prevent getting sick in the first place. Or is it that you know better?’Why lie?Also, reduce isn’t the same as eliminate so people can still catch it and pass it on.

So your telling me what I said is 'a lie by taking a single line out of context when discussing hospitalisation? And that even though I've clarified that for you already? Grand so...

Who mentioned "eliminate" :confused:?

Again this is what is stated
    There’s strong, reliable evidence that COVID-19 vaccines greatly reduce your risk of getting COVID-19. They’re highly effective at preventing deaths and serious illness with COVID-19.

Or do you dispute that as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Zebra3 wrote: »
    They don’t need to cut PS workers pay.
    I suggested months ago pushing income tax rates up by 10% and loads on here had a Mickey fit.
    If we’d done that the country would be in a much better position now.
    Would’ve focused minds a lot.

Not a bad idea at all!

Though we have 10's of thousands of Govt. workers completely unaffected by this who'll still get paid no matter how long this lockdown continues and may even get pay rises while everyone else's jobs are on the line..

Guaranteed if they cut the payroll of all Civil/public servants by 10% to help pay for all these restrictions you'd see open warfare on the streets!

With no Tourism, Aviation or Hospitality industry earning revenue and paying taxes, who's paying for the 1/4 €Trillion national debt they have run up since taking power?

But how would Leo pay for his new 800,000 grand house if you cut his pay???

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭PaulJoseph22

I think today's decision is madness having agreed with the majority of everything NPHET have done previously.

I usually don't like him or rate but given all of his performances to date, this is one of the best.

Are you for real? He is being interviewed by the government propaganda channel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭acequion

They will cut the pay of the above. They've done it before and I predict that it will be pretty savage this time. But like last time the guys at the top, those on salaries like Holohans and the top earning politicians, will emerge almost unscathed, a bit of a hair cut,no more. It will be horrendous for so many in this country.

Which is why today's announcement is gut wrenching. It's deliberate and unwarranted destruction of the economy. We desperately need our economy cranking up the gears as is happening in every other civilised country.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Cancelled our trip to Donegal next week and have booked a few spots around Northern Ireland instead.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭acequion

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Are you watching a different RTE news than me?
    Hes an idiot and shouldn't be the leader of this country.

No way would I put myself through listening to that cartoon character :mad: Things are bad enough. RTE is banned in this house.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I found him to be absolutely spineless and a complete spoofer. Absolutely sick of the sight of the man.

Jaysus, nor me either. They must be feeling the heat. Damn time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,185 ✭✭✭✭km79

WHEN
    After they have scared the bejasus out of a lot a people first now anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 16,011 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

In fairness to Cathal Crowe he replied to my email there, voicing my concern that we need to regain power over the country from nphet, he agreed with me and says he has got a hell of a lot of emails like mine, so email your TD guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

I'm sure Holohan and Nolan are quaking in their boots, worst thing that could happen to them is to be retired with a €100k + a year taxpayer funded pension...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭prunudo

Was that tweet from Michael O'Regan earlier in the afternoon for real. Saying things are perilous. Is this what the journalists of the country actually believe the current covid situation is. As here can be described sometimes, are the journalists and politicians living in an echo chamber, constantly surrounded by people and advisors who believe and fear everything about the virus.

Advertisement