Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Rubbish. We've been outnumbered by most hurling counties for years and years, that's simply a fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

TBH putting in or not putting in a shift on Sunday is irrelevant. A meaningless fixture for tipp and will simply confirm our position as bottom of the pile in Munster. That's the reality folks it's now over to who ever can do something about it, the county board, to address the shitshow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Dan you posted saying fact with nothingvto back it up, just an observation you have a short memory. ,I posted a fact 4 big hurling counties brought 16k to thurles for ko hurling in 2016. This notion cork and limerick always bring great support is factually wrong,simple. We went deep into championships 2009_2019, and I never remember kikenny for example outnumbering us in croke park. Tbf kilkenny on the go long time. Tipp supporters were on the go for 10years. It's lean period at moment, all counties go through it that's fact whether you like it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

There's no way Limerick would ever be outnumbered in their home pitch by anyone and that's during the worst of times. There's some deep deep malaise in Tipperary supporters right now that neither Cork,Limerick or even Clare can even comprehend. Outnumbered 10 to or at the very best 8 to 1 in a knock out game at home ...And your pointing to a match in 2016...Come on man..take off the blinkers and let's really talk about Tipperary hurling.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

Its A fact 4counties managed 16k fans for ko game. Point is when limerick cork clare going poor, they also failed to show up. Its a fact, no debating it. I'm not denying tipp support was poor Sunday and it was more 4 to 1. Was 10k tipp at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭LetticebCivil

Sport makes eejits of us all. Hopefully Tipp bounce back with a good performance the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

it’s wasn’t that bad. Being made worse in the media. There was at least 26 to 28 thousand Cork supporters from a pop of over half a million . There was around 16000 or more Tipp supporters there.
    we’ve never completed with cork attendance. Only Dublin do in football
    There was enough Tipp support there to fill Parnell twice over.

House Private. No flowers.

That’s nothing that hasn’t been said on this thread many times.
    But we are still nowhere near as bad as a lot of counties.

Well, you certainly wouldn’t know either way. And I’d doubt if you are the real shocks either. The last I heard, he was still in Paul Curran’s pocket

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭shocs07

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Ye might like this pic. the bold Redser O'Grady spotted on a ladder watching the match! 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

i dont no about that, Cork outnumbered us at least 4-1 so if there was even 10K Tipp supporters there would be a stretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Banarol

You know Tipp have hit rock bottom when you have messages of sympathy coming in from some opposing supporters.While they mean well it can come across as pity which is an insult in itself. While Cahill has been blamed on here by some, from supporters I’ve spoken to locally the consensus seems to be he just hasn’t got the players.

Certainly wasn't that low. You're telling me that more supporters that go to Cork home games came to Thurles? Stop. Load of media hyperbole. 4-1 is not possible. That would mean over 35,000 supporters from Cork. Even if it was 2 to 1 - that would mean 30,000 Cork support and the rest Tipp. There's a lot of hyperbole around.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

I was at the game as a neutral with friends from Cork and it was all just a sea of red . It was like a home game to them .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

were you at the game? Did you see the highlight’s on tv?
    It was a sea of red everywhere and the noise was all cork.
    Cork GAA fans are some of the best in the country, there right up there in fairness to them. Granted they have a big population

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭shocs07

Ya I agree. I thought there was a very small Tipp crowd at it. Maybe people with different seats saw differently but reality is Cork far outnumbered home 'support' .

• Advertisement

Agreed. Limerick must be the best supported county bar none per head of population. Through the bad times they were still brilliantly supported. I remember 1995 Munster final and We (Clare) were outnumbered 4 to 1.. But even before that they were great and the city is mostly rugby but they do follow the hurling . I think they are more loyal than Cork support. My own county Clare has a core support of about 8,000 as Davy Fitz once said. I'd say that's accurate. But last Sunday..id say there was about 7,500 from Tipperary..that's being kind.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

U20s Friday, no paddy mc by looks of it. Cork be ravenous after us beating them handily in thurles. Cummins has them playing lovely mixed brand, some good lads to add to senior in coming years. Oisin o donnoghue type player we need and speedster senan butler. Minor/20s double be nice return.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Knockdromin

The numbers will reflect the general standard and prospects of the team. I distinctly remember turning up to the first league game Limerick game in 2019 down in Wexford and thinking “Where the fcuk were all you guys this time last year when not even two thousand turned out for our opening game at home to Laois?”

The numbers that travel aren’t reflective of the supporters; it’s reflective of the overall state of the county team. Liam Cahill has had two years with this panel and as an outsider my main conclusion is to wonder what the hell he has been doing with them for the two years? He still doesn’t seem to know his best team and he doesn’t seem to have been able to impose an effective style on them. I don’t blame people for not feeling inspired to turn up.

Yes exactly my point. Facts show attendances at limerick,cork and clare games in early mid 2010s way down compared to now but people don't want to acknowledge that fact. People Just trying to have acut off tipp really.

I suppose no one wants to go to a game where the feel there’s a high chance their team will lose.I was talking to someone that left with 15 minutes to go and he said he won’t be caught again. The last few year Tipp have practically done nothing in the championship.Do people feel the fans should turn up even though they know they’ll lose?

That's Exactly what good fans do. I did it for many years with Clare through many many hockeyings. We often got beat worse than Tipp ...occasionally by Tipperary. The only difference was we had no history of winning. Like Limerick went year after year after year.... theres no way they'd be outnumbered in the Gaelic Grounds in Championship ever..

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

Fair enough. I didn’t go myself but I drove up through the town about 3.30, all I could see was Cork supporters walking on up, hardly any Tipp, a few here and there.Your right, the beating aside, it was embarrassing that so few turned up for a home game in Thurles on a beautiful summers day. It was like Cork were the home team and combined with the 18 point hammering, it’s probably the worst day in Tipps GAA history.Every cloud has a silver lining and now that they’ve reached rock bottom, major reshuffling should be on the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Usrwastaken

I 100% agree, I don’t know why the players get slated, they are capable of much better and have proven it before. Cahill is not the man in my eyes.

He's some man if he turns this around. I can't see how. So many basic principles of shape, positioning, and spirit are missing. There's no logic to some of the types of players in the positions they're picked. The treatment of some players that are trying to develop is bizarre. If you're Connolly or Ryan or Connors, you must be scratching your head. Players are wiped and dismissed so easily.

Take Tynan for instance. Wing forward for a few league game. Dropped. Back in again at wing forward. Then at midfield. Then suddenly against Cork he's trying to tag Barrett. You'd need a year to learn that role… you certainly don't try it for this first time in championship. He asked Caddell to do the same thing against Limerick in the league. We never saw him again until his blood sub role sunday.

G O'Connor is playing with an injury? Why?

The Barrett slow subbing happened with many players last year too. Slow to take off injured players is truly bizarre. I think he's listening and communication are poor. They must be.

The rate of regression from last year is frightening. We drew with Cork on their home patch last year to this…

At the Dylan Quirke game this year, we were well up at half time. But it was depressing because I could see exactly what Limerick were trying to do but it was all off the cuff from us. I couldn't make it out.
    But it looks like he has lost the dressing room.

Post edited by evolvingtipperary101 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Usrwastaken

On the topic of positioning and tactical shape. Have any of ye noticed the wing backs going central in defence? The ammount of soft points we concede leaving the flanks open is staggering.

Advertisement