Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Corcaigh84

My old man always tells the story about the shambolic 1984 All Ireland final where there was fellas selling spare tickets outside the ground due to the media scare stories telling everyone it was packed out and to not approach the stadium.

As a learned veteran said to me this week - Cork/Tipp always takes on a life of its own, it's 50/50. I always shout for the Premier when we're not involved but fck ye on Sunday Rebels abú

• Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

Great game out in Golden: Tipperary Blue 4 - 20
    - 3 - 15
    Tipperary Gold

Peter O’Toole art

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭walshtipp

Stunning day here in Thurles for what promises to be a classic. Hopefully all the people of Tipperary will get behind their team and shout as loud as you can. Best of luck to all the Tipperary team and management.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

Tipperary hurling is on the edge, outnumbered 5-1 today in the crowd.

Team looks well off the levels of the other Munster teams. A

5 year’s since The 2019 Championship gone in the blink of an eye

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭jamesbond2022

What’s going on with tipp hurling that’s as bad as I’ve ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭KClon11

Don’t even know what to say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Cahill has to go. Whole team malfunctions this often down to manager. We look so slow and unfit. No tactics, no heart. Cahill probably blame players or fans.Willie maher deserves shot at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

Congratulations to Cork, They were absolutely ruthless & did something you’d expect from Limerick to us. Genuinely hope they win it now.

But We’ve actually been horrendous for a very long time now, the 2019 All Ireland only papers over the crack’s.

One of our darkest day’s. Dunno what more to say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

That quote above aged badly. That's as bad a Tipperary hurling team that ever pulled on the blue and Gold. Cahill couldn't even get them to fight abit.. They just have up , packed the car and left 5 mins into the second half. The likes of Doyle ,Theo English and the hells kitchen fullback line must be spinning in their graves.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Charlie69

Why would you come on to a Tipp thread and post something like that after a bad performance?…. Seriously…. Have a small bit of cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Usrwastaken

because he’s a contrarian, every comment he leaves smells of neglect.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭dk1982

What else would you expect from a Zionist. They're absolute loopers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,889 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Very natural and understanding that that post appears.there needs to be a root and branch review of all areas of hurling in the county

Why do you need to "cop on" after posting that after a poor performance like todays

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭hawkwing

They did ok for the most unfit and fattest team we ever put out. Are they training for tug o' war or something? They would not come out of Leinster either. Did their best this year to look as bad as the footballers which is some going.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

todays result and performance is a pretty accurate reflection of where tipp hurling is at ….the hurlers ain’t there and what are are mostly not good enough …Cahill and Bevans need to be given time no point throwing them out now after the big effort that went to get them

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭jimmythesulk

Senior club standard is so poor at the moment.

I dont think Cahill is getting the best out of what he has. A team that 'downs tools' twice in 3 games is a team without good management. Besides the lack of pace ,the lack of fight is the real alarming thing. They showed some fight against Waterford . He ll have to get rid if alit I'd throw old stagers. Bonar,Ford, 2 McGraths, McCormack and a few more... they have to go now. Are ye telling me there aren't young fellas in Tipperary with hurling and a whole lot more gas than them? I don't believe it.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

strongly disagree, Cahill is out of his depth we haven’t shown an ounce of progress in 2 years, I couldn’t tell ya what kind of hurling we play and I’d say Cahill couldn’t either.

• Advertisement

I’m on the fence about forde, he’s a quality player, hes in a poor run of form but so is the team and I wouldn’t blame him. He is 30 but has 2 years in him atleast.

the hurlers aren’t there …Cahill isn’t the problem …remember most tipp supporters were crying out for him to come back from Waterford ….tipp hurling is a long way from trophies ….harsh reality for supporters

• Registered Users Posts: 4,409 ✭✭✭robbiezero

I agree the hurlers arent there, but there is surely better than that absolutely woeful effort today.

I dont understand how we can go down to Waterford 2 weeks ago and get hit with hammer blows of goals and yet keep at it and hurl quite well for the full 75 minutes and yet today we just down tools early on in the second half.

We looked completely gassed in that second half and were a tired looking defence for Connolly goal at end of first half. The teams energy levels seem all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭History Queen

God it's hard to know where the problems start and end today, and with the team in general... from my perspective our lads looked "slow and butty" compared to cork who were fast, tall and strong. Most of our match ups seemed the poorer relation in terms of physical physique when compared to their opposition. Why? Are the lads lifting too much and not doing enough cardio? Is this some attempt to address the increased physicality of Limerick the last few years? Good idea on paper perhaps, but in reality, if that has been the strategy, our lads are left with lead in their boots and second to most balls. So disappointing from a bunch of lads who, individually, are all capable of some fantastic hurling.

As for the poor fan turn out today, in our own stadium, it's hard to credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Antics21

I find the idea that support is laughable hilarious.

I say this having been at today's game, the Limerick game, the Galway and Waterford games last year, all of which were disasters. Can you blame people for tuning out?

The senior team has been a busted flush for the guts of a year. A mixture of poor management (Cahill is well exposed as to his worth at senior intercounty now) and average players means that Tipp aren't even competitive in games. That was Joe McDonagh stuff today.

It's not supporters we need but coaches.

Hopefully minors and 20s will show something this week. We are in the doldrums now for the rest of the decade at least.

a team not hurling well ..poor form and not expecting to win …..but still we knew a win would leave us in a decent position …it was cork ….sample stadium …good summer day ….are tipp supporters a bit like there team ….soft ….criminal to see a sea of red in Thurles today

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭walshtipp

The Tipperary support was criminally bad today. Poor form is not an excuse for not showing up and roaring on your team. A team that is struggling needs the support most.

I would be leaving Cahill there for at least another year. Throwing a new manager at the problem is not going to solve anything. We currently don't have the quality of players that we are used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Antics21

I disagree on all points. There's something fundamentally wrong with the senior set up and has been for a year. The players, average as they are, aren't even playing for him now. Not that it matters really who is in charge for the next few years.

Cahill has to show that he can adjust his style of play. I'm not sure he's done that in his managerial career yet. It's all grand when his teams can run up the middle...all high energy and looks great. When he gets stopped ( against Limerick every single time ) or his players don't have the athletic ability to carry out that gameplan surely there has to be a plan 'B'

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 89tipp91

TIs a long way back from that to being competitive again, Holy God

Advertisement