Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭hero25

Murray is indeed a serious prospect, as someone says he's one of the best forwards at minor level in the country. Thing is, he's also one of the best midfielders and best centre backs. Suppose it's where best suits for this particular team? There seems to be lots of good forwards including good options off the bench, but less backs.. maybe this team would benefit from having him further back the field, that's where they appear to lack options.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

Good points. I just think in the modern possession game, winning ball and making the ball stick up front is priceless. And Murray is the best option for that. Likewise, McCormack at under 20. The under 20s had to play a different way after he went off. Hopefully that thumb is not bad…
    A bugbear for me, at underage level, is defensive set ups. Packing the backs. I just feel it becomes more about the manager’s ambitions for getting the next job rather than his job of developing players. I think players don’t develop the way they should when they’ve had the parachute of a sweeper or a packed defence. But I might be a little too hypersensitive on sweepers at underage level or deep lying midfielders. Because it’s a fact that another issue of the round robin format is the one foot out of a group or one foot in a final phenomenon which is new to hurling. That if you only lose by five we’ll make it out of the group or into a final issue - it’s a difficult one for managers and I can see the temptation to go defensive and play the situation in such a scenario. And if that’s the case, perhaps it is good for the players development to learn to play such a match.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Underage teams surely should be mirrowing the senior team in terms of style of play in order to best prepare them to make that transition further down the line.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I'm not so sure. I think players should get a chance of experiencing different set ups and ways of doing things. It can only develop their game in a number of ways. The problem with playing to one system is that when its figured out, the whole house of cards falls rapid.

If you're a Tipp supporter planning on getting tickets online for next Sunday, get them now as if Cork stay going like this they'll have them snapped up by midnight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 89tipp91

Good call, not many stand tickets left online when I got mine there..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

i would have to have a proper look at the cork v tipp game in week one at minor level to really judge that tipp minor side , ,liam murphy has blown us away with his performances against ye and cork 5-4 he has scored in his last two games and he was supposed to be the industrious one in the clare full forward line

as i said on the clare thread , last night was a different story ,the two tipp corner backs ate us alive paddy mccormack was killing us until the thumb injury , craddock that came on for him and barrett were excellent lighting fast pace and we couldnt cope at times , both john cahill and eoin gunning are in our opinions the next adam hogans and every bit as good as he was at this level if not better and look how much we had to work

one player scoring 16 points doesn't look good from our point of view even though we ended up winning,

The under 20s are an excellent crop of Clare players. Should get a right scatter of proper players out of it.

Tipp v Clare minors… Didn't play well defensively and paid the price for it.

agree with the minors , that's why liam murphy shocked us so much .he was basically a dirty ball winner for marc o'brien. a huge talent from his ard scoil ris campaign and basically the only starter from last years all ireland final , marc got injured and is out for the year , this guy has taken us all by surprise since but some of the goals that night in thurles were soft

but on friday night we were beaten on several grounds , michael collins is a huge prospect and hardly touched the ball 4 or 5 times in the game , paddy mccormack had us on the ropes after round 3 before the injury , senan barret has some speed though eoin gunning was marking him , i regard gunning as our best back since brian quinn or lohan which is a huge testament to a player

they wont be resting anyone now ,if waterford beat us next week it could nearly be the other way around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Bobby_Bolivia

We were by far the better team last year against Cork and should have no fear of them. Suits us down to the ground for them to lose the run of themselves as they usually do.

For all the talk of their momentum, for me it'll be very hard for them to manage emotions after the incredible highs of Saturday night, trying to bring that back down to earth to go again just as hard in a few days is not easy.

Bring the same effort and intensity as the Waterford game and we will be there or thereabouts regardless come 65 mins. If things actually start to properly click for us then we have a mighty chance.

8,000 tickets for Tipp v Cork were sold in the couple of hours after

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭1373

Was thinking the very same thing re the celebrations pitchside . If Limerick had won , they'd have walked off the field like any other game . Hopefully cork will find it too much to peak again so soon

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭sportsfan90

I have 2 stand tickets for the Tipp v Clare match in Thurles if anyone’s intereted? I accidentally bought tickets for the wrong match. I can transfer them on ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

They're at it again, putting it up to us! The bookies have Tipp 6-4 and Cork 4-6 for Sunday. Cork money on to beat us in our own backyard! I don't think so pal , f**k that !

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭shocs07

In fairness, on current form you're lucky you're not closer to 5/2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

Is it almost sold out for Sunday?
    only Killinan terrace ticket’s available.

Expecting a huge Cork crowd Sunday.

Hopefully Tipp Supporters get behind the team.

Crowd of at least 40000 expected according to the Irish examiner

I've a feeling we could do it Sunday. We'll have a full house the old enemy forecast is good and no last minute injury worries that I know of. Jake and Jason sre both due good games, Kehoe is going well so knowing what's at stake I'm confident. 💙🧡

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Iecrawfc

That philosophy might work if there was a straight transition from minor to senior but after minor there is club, schools, colleges, u20 to negotiate all different styles, by the time if they make senior the style might have totally changed anyway...

• Advertisement

Closer to 43,000 they're saying. We'll see how true that is.

45000 sell out now according to the Premier View!

PRO said on Tipp fm last Monday that capacity is 44,000. That said, both are often wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

Nothing left on Ticketmaster anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭newhouse87

39 wins to us 38 to cork. We have better head to head with all counties. Cork closest. V hard to predict this one. Lots goals I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,160 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

If anyone has any spare tickets 2 preferably can they pm me. Didn't think I'd be able to go Sunday but now can. Yes I'm from Cork but try not to hold it against me.

Did you not here, the match is off tell all your Cork friends not to bother going OK. Anyway best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,160 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Pigeon not reached here yet with that news! I am sure would probably pick them up on the day but prefer to have them going.

• Advertisement

A sell out, fair play to all the supporters & just shows Munster Hurling is the only show in town.
    I’m sure it’ll be some day.

Advertisement