Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU Digital/paper! Certs, the Megathread - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,144 ✭✭✭plodder

votecounts wrote: »
    Will people be able to use a paper based one, thinking of some people who may not have a smartphone , etc. Think I remember reading that there was option of a paper based one.
    I assume you will be able to print it out, or use it on a phone, much the same as boarding passes of yore. The portal that is being used for vaccine bookings would be the logical place to centralise the data. So, details of recent tests if you're not vaccinated would just be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Wikidy

The NHS app is only available in England at the moment (based on being registered for a GP in England). I don't know what Scotland, Wales and NI are planning.

Not sure if the NHS immunization card you get is sufficient for travel.

Would affect anyone vaccinated in NI being left in limbo in terms of travel

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭lionmqj

Could be a stupid question. Will children need a digital Covid certificate to travel?
    There are no plans to vaccinate children under 16 of course I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Minier81

I would presume yes. While they won't be vaccinated there is no reason why they can't get a covid test within 48/72 hours and record the result on their digital green cert to travel.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,594 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Advertisement

Minier81 wrote: »
    I would presume yes. While they won't be vaccinated there is no reason why they can't get a covid test within 48/72 hours and record the result on their digital green cert to travel.

Ok so with no vaccine and a negative test = digital green cert for children

Just looked up the cost of PCR testing. It ain't gonna be cheap by the time you pay for yourself, your wife and your kids.
    https://www.dublinairport.com/covid-19/pre-departure-covid-19-testing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Doodah7

lionmqj wrote: »
    Ok so with no vaccine and a negative test = digital green cert for children

Just looked up the cost of PCR testing. It ain't gonna be cheap by the time you pay for yourself, your wife and your kids.
    https://www.dublinairport.com/covid-19/pre-departure-covid-19-testing

Stay at home then??

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Lemon Davis lll

The EU are going to have to make some provision for children, other than requiring PCR tests at a prohibitive cost.

Antigen testing perhaps?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

robinph wrote: »
    The UK one is just a page showing the date of vaccination, which one and the batch number. No QR codes or anything that a third party could reference back to confirm the text on the page is genuine.

At some point in the last week the NHS app has now been updated and includes a scannable QR code regarding vaccine status. I assume this is some agreed international standard format of what data it includes, but doesn't say anywhere what that might be.

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Stay at home then??

Not as bad as I thought. If you are vaccinated or have had Covid 19 in the last 6 months then no need to get a PCR (or whatever they decide to use).
    Just a test for the kids so, if I wanted to go abroad.
    https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/mid-july-the-target-for-eu-digital-green-pass-to-be-operating-in-ireland-1132284.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

My brother in Scotland says they are fully inoculated now but they didn't get the vaccination card like we do, I presume in the UK there will be a digital version my brother can use when he is travelling abroad.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

My brother in Scotland says they are fully inoculated now but they didn't get the vaccination card like we do, I presume in the UK there will be a digital version my brother can use when he is travelling abroad.

https://www.nhsinform.scot/covid-19-vaccine/after-your-vaccine/get-a-record-of-your-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-status

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uk-vaccine-passport-plans-be-scrapped-telegraph-2021-05-30/

Britain plans to drop COVID-19 passports as a legal requirement for large events, The Daily Telegraph reported on Sunday.
    There has been mounting concern over the prospect of vaccine certificates voiced by the UK's Conservative Party, as well as opposition lawmakers and civil rights groups. In April, Prime Minister Boris Johnson also signaled the ethical issues posed by COVID-19 vaccine certification.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭valor rorghulis

Hi All

Has there been any info released on how we go about getting our Covid Certificates set up in the app (has an app been set up yet?)

Specifically for myself I had covid recently, so want to know how I will prove this. Have an SMS from HSE saying I had a positive result but obviously anyone could do that up in photoshop

Anyone had a doctor issue them a certificate to confirm tested positive? MY doc called me for a covid review after I had it so they must have been informed of the infection

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

No info has been released, but I expect that if you've had a positive result you've probably supplied your PPSN, so your certificate can be attached to you that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,219 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Hi All

Has there been any info released on how we go about getting our Covid Certificates set up in the app (has an app been set up yet?)

Specifically for myself I had covid recently, so want to know how I will prove this. Have an SMS from HSE saying I had a positive result but obviously anyone could do that up in photoshop

Anyone had a doctor issue them a certificate to confirm tested positive? MY doc called me for a covid review after I had it so they must have been informed of the infection
    seamus wrote: »
    No info has been released, but I expect that if you've had a positive result you've probably supplied your PPSN, so your certificate can be attached to you that way.
    McCallion from the HSE was on the News at One. In relation to a question of how covid-recoverees could be fully vaccinated after a single vaccine, he noted that those who had a positive test had been recorded in different means such that it might not be on their central register. He recommended making it known at the time of the first vaccination. By extrapolation, the same MIGHT be necessary for the DCC. It seems likely that PPSN will be the identifier and it was noted that these were not necessarily recorded for positive tests. It may be that you’ll need to claim/prove your infection!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,205 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Marcusm wrote: »
    McCallion from the HSE was on the News at One. In relation to a question of how covid-recoverees could be fully vaccinated after a single vaccine, he noted that those who had a positive test had been recorded in different means such that it might not be on their central register. He recommended making it known at the time of the first vaccination. By extrapolation, the same MIGHT be necessary for the DCC. It seems likely that PPSN will be the identifier and it was noted that these were not necessarily recorded for positive tests. It may be that you’ll need to claim/prove your infection!

Wouldn't be difficult to have a card / document with all of these details recorded ( ppsn , vaccinations) but may cause a bit of schtick from civil liberties groups .....eg backlash re public services card .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,219 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Goldengirl wrote: »
    Wouldn't be difficult to have a card / document with all of these details recorded ( ppsn , vaccinations) but may cause a bit of schtick from civil liberties groups .....eg backlash re public services card .

The portal eliminates the requirement for this for MVCs, the GP access for their cohort. At the time of actual disease, the importance is to treat it and get on patient records rather than waiting for it to facilitate travel. I suspect there will be a workaround but it will require manual intervention and be cumbersome.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Fann Linn wrote: »

Haha, ‘the HSE will contact you’ - so that’s how they’re planning to stop travel. I’m sure the HSE will be prompt as always :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Multipass wrote: »
    Haha, ‘the HSE will contact you’ - so that’s how they’re planning to stop travel. I’m sure the HSE will be prompt as always :pac:

Pathetic alright. From a Govt minister too. You'd imagine with all the money spent on advisors that they could do something better than the above. Juvenile, incoherent, gibberish.

Oisín hasn't a clue and definitely hasn't been briefed
    Its all part of the admirably brilliant strategy to hide the digital covid cert in plain sight...so as to get another week or two or a month (Tony's hope)before the masses discover its available easily
    Absolutely infuriating for those that want to travel
    Absolutely brilliant for everyone else
    100% deliberate

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Ive ordered a WHO vaccination book from Amazon. Going to get my GP to complete it for my J&J shot.

I dont expect the DCC to be rolled out in time for 19th July so that will be accepted globally.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Southeasterly

Now fully vaccinated with flights to Spain booked.

Just realised that the vaccination card I received is in my married name, but my passport and tickets are in my maiden name.
    Does anyone have any thoughts how this will impact my EU green cert, will it be possible to get it issued in my maiden name?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Skippette

Now fully vaccinated with flights to Spain booked.

Just realised that the vaccination card I received is in my married name, but my passport and tickets are in my maiden name.
    Does anyone have any thoughts how this will impact my EU green cert, will it be possible to get it issued in my maiden name?

Just after getting my second shot and while I was waiting the few minutes after the nurse asked me to double check the name on the vaccination card was the same as my passport, as that's the data that is uploaded to the HSE.

If you got it done in the doctor's maybe give them a call or if in a vaccination centre give the HSE centre a call. I'm sure they've been asked a similar question already?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Southeasterly

Skippette wrote: »
    Just after getting my second shot and while I was waiting the few minutes after the nurse asked me to double check the name on the vaccination card was the same as my passport, as that's the data that is uploaded to the HSE.

If you got it done in the doctor's maybe give them a call or if in a vaccination centre give the HSE centre a call. I'm sure they've been asked a similar question already?

Thank you, I'll get in touch with my GP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭championc

Two questions, I'm fully vaccinated

I've booked flights to Spain for early July. I know I can enter Spain with my Vaccination card / record, but it still appears that I need a PCR test to get down the stairs in the airport and board the plane - correct ?

Is the "Health Passport Worldwide" app in any way official ? I see it's an Irish startup company and I think the Boots PCR tests are uploaded to their app. They can update my vaccination record by providing them with my passport details and my vaccination card details ..... hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭valor rorghulis

Multipass wrote: »

My biggest concern here is I don't think the HSE have my email.

I phoned doc saying I had symptoms, then got a text shortly after from HSE saying my appointment was arranged.

Next day I get a text saying I'm positive, and a while later my doc organised a follow up assessment.

Don't think at any point gave the doc my email address....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Economics101

Sorry if I've missed something obvious.
    When vaccinated we all had to provide PPSNs. (OK, maybe there were a few hermits who didn't have any). Why can't the HSE set up a website where you login using your PPSN, with provision for setting up password protection. Then just apply online for Vaccine Cert which can be emailed to you (paper version) or sent to your phone for app-based version.
    Maybe I don't have the details described properly, but surely the whole thing should be obvious, and for 99% of cases should not require manual intervention by HSE staff.
    And maybe for the 0.0001% hardcore hermits who don't have email or smartphone they could allow application by post or carrier pigeon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭westcork67

The parents heading off to Spain early July - both fully vaccinated. I started the process to get a QR code which is fine but you need to finalise the process to get the code within 48 hours of the flight departing Dublin - it says you need a Vaccine Cert - Do you get this from your GP? Or is that the cards they got filled out when they actually got their 2nd vaccines - For an aviation industry that is on its knees so called, their online advice on their websites to help passengers to travel is sh1te!!! both RyanAir and Aer Lingus get your acts together.

Advertisement