Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU Digital/paper! Certs, the Megathread - threadbans in OP

Options
1666768697072»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭grouchyman

Trying to find an answer to this - did anybody request an amended cert (eg name change) through the https://www.covidcertificateportal.gov.ie and how long did it take to receive the amended cert via email? I know the site says within 5 working days just wondering if people generally receive them sooner. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭gipi

Friend of mine tried to get a DOB changed this week, couldn't get it done successfully online - kept getting an error message. Had to phone the free phone number. A very helpful staff member got the cert sorted for him (he's going abroad at the weekend and only realised on Wednesday that he didn't have an up to date cert).

If you're in a hurry, I'd suggest a phone call.

Thanks Gipi,

Was onto the help desk earlier they said 5 working days and suggested the portal saying it might be quicker but not giving any guarantees.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭beachhead

I did request a name alteration on my cert.It took 5 days or less last year,about September.Should be quick now considering low vaccination rate these days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Any murmurs out of Spain that they might drop their covid border nonsense any time soon?

Was supposed to happen on April 18th but have not bothered to check.Maybe spain.info or sanidad.gob.es have up to date info

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭VillageIdiot71

Another step - not formally final, but when the relevant European Parliament Committee votes for something that Council has agreed, that's usually job done.

So it looks like it's extended for 12 months, with a review in six months time. So I guess some possibility of it going at end year.

I'm not sure if the Indo are right in this bit. "It means many people .... will need to get a booster shot to bring it up to date again and extend it for nine months." I thought the proposal gives a limitless duration for folk with a booster - although obviously that might be changed once the extension is in place, as it was when the 270 day limit on validity of two shots was retrospectively enforced for the original Certificate.

If the Indo is right, it means an awful lot of people who got their booster in December 2021/January 2022 will need to get a fourth dose from September, if they want their Certificates to have continued validity.

Was a suggestion put here that a booster was valid for a year from jab date? That was booster 1.So booster 2 must be extended also? Unless Brussels decides otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

That 270 day validity of 2 shots is a thing alright, but AFAIK the 3 shots till has got unlimited validity.

This has been reported poorly from the very start and I don't think anyone is 100% clear on whether 3 shots has a 270 day, 1 year, whatever validity. Lazy feckless journalism doesn't help.

I find it staggering that this is still a pressing issue in Brussels. Given the wider context.. still legislating for covid barriers.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭VillageIdiot71

Indeed, I find their depiction of the measure as protecting freedom of movement jars a bit. I mean, fair enough up to a point, the purpose is to have a system that all the EU can use. But that system effectively requires you to have a booster, where the rationale is increasingly hard to see.

Just to note, Irish Times seems to repeat that thing of a booster only extending validity for nine months, which (unless I'm missing something) means a fourth dose would be required by year end, if folk got their booster early 2022 (which, as I understand it, is when most got their booster). https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/eu-s-digital-covid-certificate-scheme-to-be-extended-until-june-2023-1.4868205

"Those who have only had their first round of vaccinations will need to get a booster shot to ensure the pass does not expire. A booster shot will extend the pass for another nine months."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Was extended to end of April, then extended again by a further two weeks.

Hopefully they drop the nonsense like many countries have already done.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Roxxers

do you need both boosters for the Covid-19 green certificate to be valid or will the initial booster do for 270 days ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

No the DCC is valid if you have had one booster no time limit, the 270 validity is for the 2 dose regime.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Roxxers

Can someone help me with this questions please, I can't find any info.

I recently got my EU cert for recovery. It expires after 180 days.

Previously I had a EU cert for a full vaccine dose. That didn't have an expiry because it included the booster. Is it now defunct because I got a recovery certificate?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Forget about the recovery cert and use your cert that confirms your 3 vaccines.

I would like to do that, but I'm just unsure that in the case of venues that scan, and not just visual check, whether that certificate will still be active.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

The vaccine cert doesn't expire once you have the 3 doses, you said it yourself.

Don't see why a recovery cert would change that and wouldn't make any sense, you still have 3 doses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Spain have dropped all entry recruitments for EU & Schengen area citizens.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭sekond

Has anyone travelled close to the expiry of their cert? We're due to travel to Portugal soon, who are still asking for certs, and my teenage daughter's cert expires 2 days after we go there (she can't get booster because of relatively recent covid infection). We can get her an antigen test if needed, but I'd prefer not to add extra complications to the day before we travel.

Is it a case of they don't care as long as it is valid of day of flight, or does it need to be valid the whole time you are there?

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Jafin

Can she not get a certificate of recovery? After I had covid I got a certificate of recovery that replaced my vaccination cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭sekond

No, no certificate of recovery - its only available for PCR tests. She had a positive antigen test and we didn't bother with the PCR at the time (she was too sick to drag out of the house and we weren't thinking of recovery certs).

But, with a bit more reading I think we may be ok anyway. It seems from the EU official page that for under 18s the first set of vaccinations don't have an expiry date.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Solomon Pleasant

Hi! I’m travelling to Portugal in July. I received the Janssen 1 dose vaccine around 1 year ago.

What will happen if I try travel to Portugal without a booster? Would I still be able to travel freely?

Thanks for any help :)

Advertisement