Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v10] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Niall_76

maurv2 wrote: »
    The whole trial thing is going down like a lead balloon as far as I'm concerned. The only thing that will redeem it now is for Will to be found guilty.

Seems to have been more work put into the dramatic ads for the episodes than the episodes themselves

Niall_76 wrote: »
    Seems to have been more work put into the dramatic ads for the episodes than the episodes themselves

Been saying this for years, if they got whoever is responsible for the ads to direct the soap it might go somewhere!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Martina Stanley dissects her character, Dolores, situation with Cristiano & Will & the court case for RTE Entertainment > https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2021/0620/1228513-dolores-fears-she-will-lose-dear-friend-on-fair-city/

• Registered Users Posts: 20 The FairCity Pod

Hey Everyone.

Hope you are enjoying the Will vs. Christiano Trial. Bit of a slow burner so far.

Anyways, we are back with season 2 if the Fair City Podcast. The First Episode 'Bad Will Hunting' is available on all major platforms here.
    https://pod.link/1561173343

Give us a listen and share with anyone else who might be interested.

Regards,
    The Fair City Podcast

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Hey Everyone.

Hope you are enjoying the Will vs. Christiano Trial. Bit of a slow burner so far.

Anyways, we are back with season 2 if the Fair City Podcast. The First Episode 'Bad Will Hunting' is available on all major platforms here.
    https://pod.link/1561173343

Give us a listen and share with anyone else who might be interested.

Regards,
    The Fair City Podcast

Slow burner.........the gas has blown out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,316 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I don't think Fair City is on next Wednesday 7th!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,145 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I don't think Fair City is on next Wednesday 7th!

Yes, the Euro 2020 semi final is that night, so that's probably the reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Ladybrandy

Strazdas wrote: »
    Yes, the Euro 2020 semi final is that night, so that's probably the reason.

I never get why Fair City gets shafted for football and when it's put on Rte 2 so like leave Fair City on for us whi enjoy watching the chessy but sometimes funny soap
    Do you think everyone watches football
    I would rather watch Orla walk around for an entrie episode in that old green jacket she used to wear moaning than the phone to Wayne than watch football

Looks like Fair City is been shafted for the 11th July for the European championships football again 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

• Advertisement

What do you think the verdict will be tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 30,316 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Ladybrandy wrote: »
    What do you think the verdict will be tonight

Probably quilts.
    I don’t think they could leave him away with it for encouraging others to come forward!

Probably quilts.
    I don’t think they could leave him away with it for encouraging others to come forward!

I was saying to my mother they will likely find him guilty as they won't want discourage people from reporting abuse
    But i think it will look like things are going his way and trips up and loses it on the stand exposing his vile nature

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

I was saying to my mother they will likely find him guilty as they won't want discourage people from reporting abuse
    But i think it will look like things are going his way and trips up and loses it on the stand exposing his vile nature

Oh, I really hope he loses it on the stand and I hope his daughter is there to see it.

I haven’t watched any of the trial episodes because he’s going to get off and it’ll annoy me too much :D

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Oh, I really hope he loses it on the stand and I hope his daughter is there to see it.

Me to
    Phoebe really needs to see what her dad is like and disowns him

I haven’t watched any of the trial episodes because he’s going to get off and it’ll annoy me too much :D

I found it hard to watch
    It's sad that abuse victims have to go through this
    Will's Smugness drives me mad I really want to see smirk wiped of his face

• Registered Users Posts: 18,145 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I found it hard to watch
    It's sad that abuse victims have to go through this
    Will's Smugness drives me mad I really want to see smirk wiped of his face

People like Will are often intelligent and hugely manipulative, so his depiction is realistic. They can convince loads of people that butter wouldn't melt in their mouth.

Strazdas wrote: »
    People like Will are often intelligent and hugely manipulative, so his depiction is realistic. They can convince loads of people that butter wouldn't melt in their mouth.

Maybe. But not in the ridiculous way it’s happened in the weeks preceding the trial. It’s as far from reality as you could get.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,268 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Me to
    Phoebe really needs to see what her dad is like and disowns him

Phoebe could see Will punch Cris and she will blame Cris for putting his face in the way of Wills fist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

What's all this craic with Charles O Carroll Kelly referring to Cristiano as his "client"? Would it not be the case the State is the client and represented by the DPP/barrister.

Phoebe literally has the brain of a tayto.

I hope Mairead and Damien just leave her staying in Wills gaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

So they leave the city center pass about 50 cafes to go to the community center for a coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I do think anyone who suffered domestic violence and saw that would be affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Why did I think it a good idea to watch this..

At least if mondo had given that creep a will bashing I'd find some redemption in it all !!

So Fair City actually went with the Domestic Abuse doesn't deserve justice angle.

That was unexpected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Kalimah

That’s unbelievable. Dreadful end to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

RobertKK wrote: »
    I do think anyone who suffered domestic violence and saw that would be affected.

*puts hand up*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭jhegarty

pjohnson wrote: »
    So Fair City actually went with the Domestic Abuse doesn't deserve justice angle.

That was unexpected.

The word I would use is irresponsible.

• Advertisement

Disgraceful. And they thought that little speech from the judge at the end would make it all ok.

Advertisement