Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v10] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

branie2 wrote: »
    I think Sean should have decked Will

We'd all be hoping for that, but realistically would you risk jail time and a money settlement after being sued for assault by that fcuker.

If he abused one of your family, fair enough.

Back 35 years ago soaps like Dallas had plenty of fist fights and beatings given out. But no one ever was brought up for assault!

Different world now. On Fair City I can't recall a fist fight between two male characters. You get assault like Billy Meehan, Paddy Bishop, Will etc. Maybe Paul Brennan's swing at Michael, over his affair with Niamh, was the last time I recall 2 men going at it, and that was a tame affair.

Again Mondo yesterday, all the threats but he was never going to hit the little weedy James bollix.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,887 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

thesultan wrote: »
    At least Will will be caught with the costs

Was the house in Cashel sold?

Sean should move out, he messed up picking Vinny over Darragh but maybe Dean or Cris wants a room mate, rent Carol's flat or is Laura there? Is Hayley in Paul's flat with Dean over Vinos in Yvonne's flat?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭threetrees

bazermc wrote: »
    Tyre pit. Seriously!!

I'm thinking they should have tried to get sponsorship from Tyreland, get Ringo aka Keith Duffy back. Orla can "tell the lads Keith sent her". Much better that Fitzy from Tyre pit!

After all, we'd love to see Ringo back, the guy with the "Úna with a fada" tattoo on his bum.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Remind me of the deal Pete did with Vinny ..:confused:

So Hughie really believes Will is innocent...thought he was brighter than that...

Wonder who this Fitzy will be.....new love for Orla or someone else dodgy....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,429 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

So Hughie really believes Will is innocent...thought he was brighter than that...

Basically I think the Pete is paid extra for every extra lodger Vinny let's stay.

I actually think Hughe’s reaction was king of real.
    He hadn't much to do with the pair and sort of accepted the verdict of the trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Ladybrandy

Some People don't realise just cause one isn't found guilty doesn't make them innocent
    Hughie clearly has a black and white view on the whole thing

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Ladybrandy

We'd all be hoping for that, but realistically would you risk jail time and a money settlement after being sued for assault by that fcuker.

If he abused one of your family, fair enough.

Back 35 years ago soaps like Dallas had plenty of fist fights and beatings given out. But no one ever was brought up for assault!

Different world now. On Fair City I can't recall a fist fight between two male characters. You get assault like Billy Meehan, Paddy Bishop, Will etc. Maybe Paul Brennan's swing at Michael, over his affair with Niamh, was the last time I recall 2 men going at it, and that was a tame affair.

Again Mondo yesterday, all the threats but he was never going to hit the little weedy James bollix.

Plus Will would milk it likely go around with another brusied cheek for a year

• Registered Users Posts: 23,398 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Ladybrandy wrote: »
    Plus Will would milk it likely go around with another brusied cheek for a year

Given the bill I can see him trying to provoke someone into clattering him to try and win a damages case.

Was Sean not within his rights to grab Will and fcuk him out for refusing to leave...Seen it done irl.:confused:

• Advertisement

Was Sean not within his rights to grab Will and fcuk him out for refusing to leave...Seen it done irl.:confused:

To be honest I was surprised with his reaction.
    Sean is mainly use to hanging around pensioners than being the hard man. He can’t even cope with Vinny.
    I’m surprised they didn’t have Darragh the bouncer there to be the tough man!

When Will said "make me" i really thought Sean was going to flex the muscles....or maybe Will would have just cried....:P

Did Dolly not air her conflicting views with Hughie before testifying which she then sided with Cris after witnessing Will lie and manipulating outside the court?

I feel Will got off over being a nurse during the covid pandemic

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did Dolly not air her conflicting views with Hughie before testifying which she then sided with Cris after witnessing Will lie and manipulating outside the court?

I feel Will got off over being a nurse during the covid pandemic

I think if you were on a jury tough.
    Mairead said he was never violent in 18 years of marriage.
    Dolorus nearly came across as she had some sort of sudden vendetta against Will.
    Also, they was also this issue around the death of Chris’s first husband.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

When Will said "make me" i really thought Sean was going to flex the muscles....or maybe Will would have just cried....:P

Wil would make mincemeat out of Sean. Sean only collects glasses in that pub. He doesn't own it. Maybe he should go back to the rented house and start acting the hardman in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

One thing from the Station Bar yesterday; Damo & Cristiano chatting re Euros; Damien says it's not the same without Ireland....and Chile.....aye lad ha ha!

Spoiler Alert The following video is a Spoiler. Don't watch it if you don't like Spoilers

I wasn't watching but I assume this was in The Station? Remember Trigger Foley would spend hours propping up Robbie's bar despite Robbie telling him to GTFO, "It's a free country", it was Robbie's bloody pub and he couldn't bar him?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,387 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Ladybrandy wrote: »
    Some People don't realise just cause one isn't found guilty doesn't make them innocent
    Hughie clearly has a black and white view on the whole thing

I think Hughie's attitude is that he hardly knows either Will or Cristiano and therefore he's keeping well out of it - he probably thinks it's not up to him to take sides and he should be polite to both of them.

Will probably treated Renee for Covid19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

To be honest I was surprised with his reaction.
    Sean is mainly use to hanging around pensioners than being the hard man. He can’t even cope with Vinny.
    I’m surprised they didn’t have Darragh the bouncer there to be the tough man!

I think Sean's problem with Vinny is mostly naivety around women who flash their eyelashes. He's always been hardy enough around men.

Personally I think Dara Collins wouldn't be worth a dam. He's like a dopey oul mongrel. Always looks like he doesn't really know what's going on. Not all there either as shown with the Orla episode.

Wil would make mincemeat out of Sean. Sean only collects glasses in that pub. He doesn't own it. Maybe he should go back to the rented house and start acting the hardman in there.

Kinda remenber Damo faking a punch at Will and the cringe look on his face a a small smell of poo........:P

I think if you were on a jury tough.
    Mairead said he was never violent in 18 years of marriage.
    Dolorus nearly came across as she had some sort of sudden vendetta against Will.
    Also, they was also this issue around the death of Chris’s first husband.

They used him being a hard working caring nurse

This is why Bronagh should have testified :mad:

Did Will hit himself before and blame Damo, Caoimhe and Mairead believed Will

• Registered Users Posts: 18,387 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

That's right - he claimed that Damien had physically attacked him during an argument.

I totally get you but just going on the evidence they choose to use I understand the verdict.
    Maybe in real life it’s similar I don’t really know.

I totally get you but just going on the evidence they choose to use I understand the verdict.
    Maybe in real life it’s similar I don’t really know.

I thought given Cris injuries Will would get done, it is frustrating

I really was expecting Damo and Bronagh to testify

I presume if Phoebe turns on him, Will could leave or be killed off

• Registered Users Posts: 23,398 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Mairead why the fcuk do you want another chance with Phoebe?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Niall_76

I thought given Cris injuries Will would get done, it is frustrating

I really was expecting Damo and Bronagh to testify

I presume if Phoebe turns on him, Will could leave or be killed off

He admitted he beat him up so surely the jury have to find guilty of causing bodily harm or whatever the charge was? Then would be up to sentencing to take into account the self defence aspect.

The cross examination/objection aspects of the trial was terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

A barrister meeting a client in a chipper on a Sunday to personally deliver the bill? Really?

Advertisement