Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell - Feb 7th to 13th 2021 - Chat

Options
1214215216217218220»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Graces7 wrote: »
    The wind is loud again. I long for a quiet night....

How are the cats?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Ok so Mayo wins winter 2020/21. I think in 2 days they got more snow than everywhere else in Ireland combined. Not often you can say that. Now bring on the spring :-)

I would argue the the greater part of Mayo has seen relatively little snow this winter and is very likely running below its average snow quota, both in terms of daily frequency and accumulations. As someone who lives fairly close to the Mayo border, while we have seen some snow this season, it is nothing we don't see pretty much most years.

New Moon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

I don’t think the mild air has arrived here fully. My room is far colder than yesterday at 9c and I am Baltic!

Outside feels just as cold if not colder than yesterday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

Kaybaykwah wrote: »
    Yes, like us canuckies, you need to fall down on your knees and pray that you get lower temperatures for the snow to stay on the ground. It works.

It is still cold here. I believe the snow melted because it was quite dry snow which has no strength to it and the wet bulb exceeded 0c.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Getting close to 7c here in South Laois. Drizzle is dropping in sheets in the still stern SE breeze.

Everywhere in the island of Ireland is well above 0c now. Ranging from 2c in Lough Fea (at height) to 11c along the west coast.

The Atlantic has well and truly pushed in across us.

Till' the next cold spell, stay safe!

Any data/evaluations can be posted in the Tech Thread, locking this portion now.

Thanks to all who contributed, especially the pictures - some of those were brilliant!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement