Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell - Feb 7th to 13th 2021 - Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭highdef

Great to see all the photos, keep them coming. Moderate snow in north Kildare, near the Meath border. Sticking to cars and rooves but barely sticking to the grass. Temperature is slowly rising, up to 0.9° now.

I see dewpoints have taken a jump to my south and south west, as far as Naas but not yet to Clane....so I expect it to turn more to rain soon.

All very interesting to watch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,211 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Ditto Stepaside Dublin 18.
    Proper sized snow flakes the past 30 mins, about 2cms on ground
    Had expected rain by now!!!

Oh how I'd love to be up there. Only down the road in Bray and its raining

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭Artane2002

a mixture of snow and ice pellets here in Dublin 5

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭positron

Sky is having an absolute ice diarrhea here in Drogheda. Snow, sleet, hail, rain - all slamming into the window. What a mess!!

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Moderate snow in Shankill D18 since early but ground is wet so no accumulation

• Advertisement

Pure ice and sleet and hail here near Arklow now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,153 ✭✭✭pad199207

Having some bursts of flakes now here in Kildare with the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,211 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

wicklowdub wrote: »
    Moderate snow in Shankill D18 since early but ground is wet so no accumulation

Turned to sleet / snow in bray now but ground is way too wet from the rain before it.

A non event for us unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Absolutely no snow in Lucan. Very disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paso Fino

No snow in North coastal Dublin either - just a lot of cold rain!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭circadian

Blustery wet snow here, and a power outage to boot. Good thing I blasted the heating when I got up. Power was off this morning too, must be a tree on a line nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Kids didn't last too long out in that today, was very heavy underfoot and made for some tough walking.

Dog jumped in the lake but he's an idiot at the best of times.

Plenty of snow still out there but will be a quick thaw I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

From a quick read of last few pages you east coasters seem to be having a slightly better rerun of our Thursday when I never saw so many snowflakes fall in a single day only for none to stick! That precipitation started at 8am on Thursday and 50 hours later it is still lashing and howling so however bad ye are having it......

Raining now with some flakes
    Snowed proper from about 230 am to 830am so can't complain
    Edit snowing again
    Dinner plating it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Pseudoname

Snowing in Dundalk since around 4am, going from heavy large snow flakes to light sleet. It’s very windy and wild, wouldn’t tempt me out to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Light enough smattering near Bettystown as mentioned.

This cold weather, snow, can bugger off by now. Its miserable and its not worth the hassle it causes.

Bring on Spring, sun, less wind and rain.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

The snow is a bit useless here. Not really sticking to the ground despite being subzero. Just slamming against everything and breaking a part.

I expected more than this.

Again another event that was ramped to the hilt and produced crap.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Still snowing in in Dublin 16 but it's starting to look slushy/messy out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭smallwonder

Woke to a nice dusting at 7am but it's been sleet for 2hrs. Thought it was all over but now we have blizzard like snow. The last hurrah! NW Donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

Not a flake, delighted! :)

• Advertisement

Snow here. Such a waste if it’s not going to stick.

Going to bed for half an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Not a flake here in Celbridge. Everything is completely clear. Looking towards the mountains I can see a very clear Föhn clearing in the cloud over west Dublin and NW Kildare but I can see the cloud more towards SE Dublin, DOCARCH area.

This week has been a complete flop for here. Got a brief 1 cm from some light flurries a few days ago and some sort of sloppy dusting earlier this morning and that was it. No frost, no sunshine, no ice day. The good thing, though, was it was bone dry.

Before anyone has a go again I know it was not the same in other places. But it's just the weather so of no importance at all in the greater scheme of things. I won't be losing any (more) sleep over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭FrDougalMcguire

Nice surprise outside in Mayo this morning!

In saying that it’s sticking a bit more now. Pure dry snow, not a bit of marginality.

Had we not had that wind we would’ve had probably 2cm of even snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Sun2Snow

North Wexford 220m asl

Damp snow under foot. Dusting

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Turning to sleet in south Dublin....very wet now and all the snow is getting washed away already.

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

Bit of a covering in South Drogheda but it’s horrible wet snow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭The Wordress

This is our 2nd snowfall in 3 weeks. This one is worse and in stormy conditions. I was up a lot of the night with the hail and wind blowing against our bedroom window.

Delighted for the children and hopefully the wind will calm to let them out and play.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Serious snow and whiteout conditions in Glencullen Dublin mountains continuing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

When do we expect this bad weather to end?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement