Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXII-215,743 ROI (4,137 deaths)111,166 NI (2,036 deaths)(22/02)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

If you want a bit of positivity on a weekly basis then tune into Pat Kenny on a monday morning on Newstalk he has Luke O'Neill on and he is always highlighting any good news and staying positive the whole time

Yip. Used to annoy me "we're in the sh!t and all you can do is give us this happy, clappy nonsense". I've come to admire it though. Didn't falter. Kept coming with any bits of good news despite almost everyone else insisting on focusing on the bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

CorkRed93 wrote: »
    More work outbreaks. Its baffling that this has been happening in these settings since May and NOTHING has been done to mitigate the risks.

Regular testing is done in meat plants, and they use PPE. They are high risk environments for spread, and it's impossible to prevent all outbreaks. What others ideas do you have to mitigate the risks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

39 more days of this boring rubbish to endure.

The only thing to be said for it is that it should knock the bollocks out of the virus if we stick to it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

The only thing to be said for it is that it should knock the bollocks out of the virus if we stick to it.

It will be extended to Tuesday 13th April imo

Thats another 5/6 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Stheno wrote: »

Thats another 5/6 weeks

Full level 5 until April, I don't think so. People are already at breaking point. Need to give something back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Stheno wrote: »

Thats another 5/6 weeks

They need to set a firm case target and stick to it however long it takes. Failure to do that for the second lockdown ultimately led to the nightmare after Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Maybe we need to seal the border (ok for me), introduce mandatory quarantine for all travellers (hauliers included), and go for zero Covid for a number of years while we wait for the vaccination to be fully rolled out.

We can go to rugby games (inter provincials), have pints, meals out etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

What a fcukin time to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭cjyid

niallo27 wrote: »
    Full level 5 until April, I don't think so. People are already at breaking point. Need to give something back.

Yep they'll open some things in March me thinks.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Piehead's threadban lifted after discussion with poster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

If we are below 1000 on 1 Feb, below 500 on 14 Feb and below 100 (or less) on 1 March it will be very difficult to hold the restrictions at the current levels. And watch certain politicians (soc dems and Labour) start to shift their positions.

Not often I agree with ya Tony.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Its obvious to me the vaccines are next to useless.

Good to know. I must let the various evaluation and approval agencies know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

To be honest I think people should try and make the most of it e.g. get fit, do a course, teach the kids new skills, explore your local area etc etc. We might never have as much free time again.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

39 more days of the same walk day in day out, looking at the same 4 walls day in day out. Knowing it was going to happen doesn’t make it any easier when it happens.

The longer it goes on the more likely people won’t stick to it. Once the numbers go a good bit lower than they are now the household visits will go back up again. There is only so long many will stick to it 100% the longer it goes on the more people will feel justified to pop into their neighbour or call into their parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

They'll wait this time for cases to be below 200 per day I reckon and then we will move to level 3 without hospitality.

That is possible on current trajectory by early March

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

If we are below 1000 on 1 Feb, below 500 on 14 Feb and below 100 (or less) on 1 March it will be very difficult to hold the restrictions at the current levels. And watch certain politicians (soc dems and Labour) start to shift their positions.

Hospitalisations and ICU will be a significant determining factor. There'll have to be an appreciable safety net there before any major lifting of restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

There's always one..

Azatadine wrote: »
    Good to know. I must let the various evaluation and approval agencies know.

Its my opinion, hopefully I am wrong but I have little faith when you see the mess it is, not to mention companies making profits out of this misery.

Which CEO cashed all his shares in when the orders started coming in?

To be honest I think people should try and make the most of it e.g. get fit, do a course, teach the kids new skills, explore your local area etc etc. We might never have as much free time again.

We have had most of last year to do that, hard to get fit or explore your local area if your stuck within 5km

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I think they want/need to avoid any other wave at all costs and that's what they are going for so if you push strong restrictions til April/May

Seasonal factor combined with vaccinations combined with low case numbers will put us in a good place to open society significantly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

What a fcukin time to be alive.

Even in your living room you are still on an incongruously hospitable planet that spins at 1000 miles per hour in a galaxy that is speeding through the vast cosmos towards Andromeda at 1.3 million miles per hour.

mohawk wrote: »
    39 more days of the same walk day in day out, looking at the same 4 walls day in day out. Knowing it was going to happen doesn’t make it any easier when it happens.

The experts may take a dim view, but what if we all swapped gafs until March 4th?

Gruffalux wrote: »
    Even in your living room you are still on an incongruously hospitable planet that spins at 1000 miles per hour in a galaxy that is speeding through the vast cosmos towards Andromeda at 1.3 million miles per hour.

That's not comforting, you psychopath

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Always_Running

They'll wait this time for cases to be below 200 per day I reckon and then we will move to level 3 without hospitality.

That is possible on current trajectory by early March

Late February by my calculations.

The experts may take a dim view, but what if we all swapped gafs until March 4th?

This is not a swinging site Tony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

That's not comforting, you psychopath

Haha sorry...I find it uplifting.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,108 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Great idea ! Any takers for a four bed south Dublin for a caravan by the sea ? !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

This is not a swinging site Tony.

You need to be a subscriber for that I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

Who needs Phase 1, 2, 3 clinical trials involving over a hundred thousand people, an independent oversight Board, the FDA or the EMA when we have experts on here instead. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement