Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXII-215,743 ROI (4,137 deaths)111,166 NI (2,036 deaths)(22/02)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

If you want a bit of positivity on a weekly basis then tune into Pat Kenny on a monday morning on Newstalk he has Luke O'Neill on and he is always highlighting any good news and staying positive the whole time

I always like Luke when he’s on TV. Someone usually posts the clip of him way back on the Late Late when he said washing our hands was all we needed etc. but his positive, upbeat demeanour is much needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

If you want a bit of positivity on a weekly basis then tune into Pat Kenny on a monday morning on Newstalk he has Luke O'Neill on and he is always highlighting any good news and staying positive the whole time

I am not a fan of Kenny but I have gone from being an avid RTÉ listener including when living abroad to now tuning out completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

Stheno wrote: »
    Was the 8 % first dose only for a certain age group?

For over 65s I believe. I'm not sure of the efficacy in other groups.

It's the world's first homeopathic vaccine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭bennyl10

EMA aren’t approving it for anyone over 65.

The UK are in huge trouble with this

• Registered Users Posts: 7,167 ✭✭✭prunudo

I haven't watched the news in many months. I do listen to certain radio shows alright.

No, same as, but its hard to avoid it completely. Even on here, the links shared etc. Talk of closing borders, contuined lockdowns. The pessimism is relentless, it would wear you down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

If I understand your question correctly it was the normal doses for over 65. The Half dose first (by mistake) and full dose two weeks later was given only to under 55s.

We'll have to wait to see what the EMA publish.
    There is a larger trial ongoing in the US which should give a better picture of efficacy in older groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,576 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I’d rather stay in bed

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Turtwig wrote: »
    If I understand your question correctly it was the normal doses for over 65. The Half dose first (by mistake) and full dose two weeks later was given only to under 55s.

There is a larger trial ongoing in the US which should give a better picture of efficacy in older groups.

Yeah I saw a post on twitter that the data and number of cases was statistically insignificant

• Registered Users Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Turtwig wrote: »

So far the only sources are a German tabloid.

Wait and see what the EMA say as you've said.

I find the 8% hard to believe

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,587 ✭✭✭giveitholly

I am not a fan of Kenny but I have gone from being an avid RTÉ listener including when living abroad to now tuning out completely.

Can't stand Kenny myself,I just tune in for Luke O'Neills segment and change again when its over

• Registered Users Posts: 85,505 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Slaney Foods meat processing plant in Bunclody will continue to operate at a reduced capacity and said it is following all public health protocols.

It comes as 77 more coronavirus cases were confirmed in Wexford, which currently has the fifth highest infection rate in the country.

Staff at Slaney Foods were screened last Friday, with 42 testing positive.

Independent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭CorkRed93

Theyll do everything but bring in quarantine for everyone entering. Truly gutless. With any luck the mandatory quarantine being passed tomorrow in UK forces their hand.

Fingers crossed it's a load of rubbish.

If so, it's an amazingly bad article to run with. About as bad an article ever published.

https://twitter.com/JeremyCliffe/status/1353809710596685825?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭CorkRed93

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Slaney Foods meat processing plant in Bunclody will continue to operate at a reduced capacity and said it is following all public health protocols.

It comes as 77 more coronavirus cases were confirmed in Wexford, which currently has the fifth highest infection rate in the country.

Independent

More work outbreaks. Its baffling that this has been happening in these settings since May and NOTHING has been done to mitigate the risks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

prunudo wrote: »
    Given the reduction in numbers, an improving positivity rate, vaccinations being rolled out. Why does listening to the news feel like that we are at the start of this and we are nowhere to seeing light at the end of the tunnel.

Absolutely, hospital numbers are going to take time to come down but things are looking up.

Best to keep an eye just on the swabs and forget the nonsense peddled by the media.

I just hope the government and the measures are agile and not deeply conservative into the summer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Independent

Close the sh1t hole down immediately

• Registered Users Posts: 85,505 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

CorkRed93 wrote: »
    More work outbreaks. Its baffling that this has been happening in these settings since May and NOTHING has been done to mitigate the risks.

Bandon County Cork meat plant also has cases

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Qwertyminger

What's the deal with all the bad news being released at night when I'm just trying to unwind.

And if I just switch off then it's all waiting for me in the morning.

There's no escaping it.

• Advertisement

CorkRed93 wrote: »
    Theyll do everything but bring in quarantine for everyone entering. Truly gutless. With any luck the mandatory quarantine being passed tomorrow in UK forces their hand.

Looks like the UK approach will be similar (according to FT) with MQ initially only from high risk countries and those without PCR

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Qwertyminger

Hey it's been extended to the anniversary of the CUH going on lockdown last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

Quarantining people from Brazil isn't so great if the person goes to France, then to Ireland.

Or walks over to Columbia and flies in to Ireland.

Half-arsing it just won't cut the mustard.

They had one infection in New Zealand and it's action-stations, so what are we aiming for here? What's the point?

What's the deal with all the bad news being released at night when I'm just trying to unwind.

And if I just switch off then it's all waiting for me in the morning.

There's no escaping it.

Our government like to get their leaks out in the late evening, just in time to make the morning papers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Funny that by extending the review to 5th of March they can tack on another month to get them part the Easter Bank holiday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

4 extra weeks of level 5 restrictions after January 31st was expected. So 4 weeks plus 5 day now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Big difference between a can of Guinness and a pulled pint to be fair.

They look different but they taste the exact same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Silly article about delusional nitwits having a grand ol time
    https://www.rte.ie/news/world/2021/0125/1192000-new-zealand-covid/

Probably good weather there too, the stupid feckers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

And the conundrum presents itself mainstream;

If we're all hunkered down because the main vulnerable group cannot be vaccinated, AND vaccines do not eliminate transmission.....:p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement