Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭jams100

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    This forward momentum, while welcome. has to be risky, everything rising multiple % ever day is surely untenable, brexit, COVID, rioting yanks, nothing seems capable of stopping it, a hiding behind the couch day must surely be around the corner. Best to enjoy it while it lasts I guess, ride that big Cliffs of Moher wave.

Whilst I think we're well over due a cutback I keep asking myself why would you sit on all cash? Your getting 0 return and in some cases a negative interest rate in banks.
    Bonds? Ireland, Germany etc. Selling bonds at a negative interest rate.
    Fed and ECB just keep printing money.

Why would you want to sit on loads of cash if you don't need to? Your loosing value everyday with inflation

Would you rather sit on cash for the next 20 years or own amzn/goog?
    Even if they do have a big pullback there is nothing wrong with owning the big guys long term. I have a good bit of cash on the sidelines in preparation for a pullback but it ain't happening, sometimes you just have to ride the momentum i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

hottipper wrote: »
    big position? Its gone 30x in 60days and 10x in 21 days its super high risk now.
    wait for a pull back before you end up bankrupt.
    look at bntx its saving the planet from extinction and it still dumped 40% :D

Ha I wasn't going to buy high, it had to pull back, had a buy order in for 100GBX and sold at 110GBX for a nice profit, all before getting outta bed and putting my pants on. Happy with that for a friday morning. I expect more pull back so will wait a bit before I DCA in. I've learned my lesson don't worry!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,378 ✭✭✭Shedite27

You agree the Tesla moves feel irrational? Im just baffled..

By the way my share pick is Aviva. Havent seen it mentioned here. Nice P/E, feel there’s still a bit of Brexit/Dividend slashed fear in the current price, trading below the book value. Im in it at average price of 320 GBX

Not the type of stock I go for but I know a lot about the company and do like the story, the new CEO who came in last year has made a nice impact, sold off a few of the smaller parts of the business and seems to be getting Aviva more focused on the core areas. They announced a new dividend policy recently that I expected a more negative reaction to, but looks like the stock price was unaffected. I don't see it paying out the dividends of 2017/18/19 again anytime soon, but the stock price could definitely get back about £4.50 in 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    IPOC surely worth looking at under $11/12 dollars, this will be far more in a few months. One of Chamaths spac's that is merging with clover health.

Merging today, new ticker will be CLOV. It can be risky holding spac's straight after merger but going to hold this one long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭bob mcbob

Thanks all I was wondering how my posts yesterday would go down.

I have decided to follow the advice of Warren Buffett - "Be fearful when others are greedy and be greedy when others are fearful"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 ADZAM

cronos wrote: »
    Is ARKG on Degiro? Don't see it.

Nope, I just look at the ARKG holdings and buy individual names myself

• Registered Users Posts: 10,707 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

With 21% of Tesla stock, Elon Musk now the richest guy on the planet.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-55578403

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭Treppen

I thought it was Rigolo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Back when Musk overtook Bill Gates to be the 2nd richest (in the autumn), I remember reading an article predicting that he'd overtake Bezos in 2026....

Kilboor wrote: »
    Some returns, shame I never really looked into his stock picks! Can he be unbanned for this thread only.

I missed this. :eek:

Is there a need to pay a randsom to Distilled media ? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gamma1

Anyone know what happens IPOC when it merges? I have IPOC shares and they are supposed to go to Clover Health. Just curious to know how the stock is affected.

Also, is there a way to track the gains/losses per day of your portfolio in DeGiro. They have it displayed when you log in but only for the current trading day. Can't find historical info

My IPOC (Social Capital Hedosophia Holdings) automatically fell off screen today- supposedly transferred to Clover but I am showing a total loss. Maybe Degiro takes its time - hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

I heard a great comment on Reddit that went along the line of:

Jeff Bezos, who?
    Jeff Pesos

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

Just sold my small amount of Merck KGaA shares at 143.80. Got in at 101.45 back in early June last year. Want to hold some cash and wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭outonawing

Gamma1 wrote: »
    My IPOC (Social Capital Hedosophia Holdings) automatically fell off screen today- supposedly transferred to Clover but I am showing a total loss. Maybe Degiro takes its time - hopefully.

I think IPOF (Hedosofia Holdings VI) is going to be the big one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Umc, another 2020 boards superstar, they announced an increase in Dec sales of 14%, chart looks nice also, bounced off the 20day average fairly well (green line), hopefully they are gonna push on back to ath soon.

Probably won't appear on Degiro till tomorrow/Monday. They bought it for you at Midnight anyway, so you can see how the price goes today on Yahoo or whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ADZAM

I noticed Big Commerce (BIGC) seems to be a beaten up eCommerce stock, does anyone have any insights or thoughts on them? Currently trading @$66, down from 52 week high of $162.50

• Registered Users Posts: 5,386 ✭✭✭roosterman71

It's on Degiro now but price and value is $0. Won't update until the end of the day. Just ignore the big red negative value for today

ADZAM wrote: »
    I noticed Big Commerce (BIGC) seems to be a beaten up eCommerce stock, does anyone have any insights or thoughts on them? Currently trading @$66, down from 52 week high of $162.50

Shopify has destroyed the competitors tbh, wouldn't touch them

outonawing wrote: »

I'm sure you could blindly follow anything Chamath does and win big.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

outonawing wrote: »

Bit expensive as of right now though right?

All his SPACs jumped this week on the news from IPOE. Leave it a few weeks and it'll come back to 12/13. You want to be buying SPACs as close to $10 as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Shedite27 wrote: »
    All his SPACs jumped this week on the news from IPOE. Leave it a few weeks and it'll come back to 12/13. You want to be buying SPACs as close to $10 as possible

Ya I'm going to wait.

Any SPAC's on Degiro that are worthwhile around NAV? $10

• Registered Users Posts: 14,069 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Flurry of activity today, sold the recent gains of Sturm Ruger and some VSTM to finance ARB & QS.

Bandwagon time.

I'd expect a jump when a merger is announced.

When to get in is your call.

Ya I'm going to wait.

My current SPAC holdings:
    DMYD
    BFT
    GHIV
    LOAC plus DDDD (holding both)
    PSTH plus PSH. ditto
    IPOF
    THBR (first mentioned by Atlas)
    SNPR

• Registered Users Posts: 5,386 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Do all the SPACs merge eventually or are some setup and then fold?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭Treppen

Another one mentioned by RIGOLO ( LUCKIN COFFEE ) is climbing again !
    Would anyone here jump in again?

Ya I'm going to wait.

I only really consider them real SPAC's before they announce the target, once they announce the target they're basically that company.

So the only real SPACs that are worth following are ones where ya like the sponsor, that's just Ackman (PSTH) and Chamath for me (IPO...)

With regards to ones that have been annoucned, I like (but have no poisitons in
    CIIC - EV car play.
    OAC - Hims and Hers - Telemedicine - https://twitter.com/MyBrokeInvestor/status/1345850797259677696

• Advertisement

Do all the SPACs merge eventually or are some setup and then fold?

They can fold, hasn't happened me yet.

Advertisement