Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭hottipper

DutchYurt wrote: »
    All thanks to Rigolo it was his tip. I'll take a big position tomorrow and DCA over the next few months

Hope my curse no longer holds through!

big position? Its gone 30x in 60days and 10x in 21 days its super high risk now.
    wait for a pull back before you end up bankrupt.
    look at bntx its saving the planet from extinction and it still dumped 40% :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dartkerry

crushproof wrote: »
    This argument has been made time and time again, yet the stock still continues to skyrocket.

I'm of the same belief as you and don't hold any shares but christ its insane watching from the sidelines.

I was watching on the sideline too and jumped on the Tesla train this week. Up 10% now!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Tesla has 1% of global car sales, yet a market capitalization equal to all the other car companies put together. You did right to sell.

Tesla - € 755 B
    Toyota - 210 B
    Volkswagon - 98 B
    BYD - 87 B

https://companiesmarketcap.com/automakers/largest-automakers-by-market-cap/

You're not paying for car production, you're paying for the technology.

Timmaay wrote: »
    Anyone else temped to cash out fully? Sitting at an overall gain of 136% for the cash I put in across the last 12 months, this just can't continue.
    Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Kilboor wrote: »
    Some returns, shame I never really looked into his stock picks! Can he be unbanned for this thread only.

This was while I was having bother lodging money with Degiro, hence my no show also.

I will admit.. I had set up a Google Sheet of his picks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 shennymulligan

Does anyone know how I can short Tesla ? E.g buy €1k worth of puts or something... can’t find any on Degiro ..

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭SmokyMo

Does anyone know how I can short Tesla ? E.g buy €1k worth of puts or something... can’t find any on Degiro ..

Try trading212

Shedite27 wrote: »
    You're not paying for car production, you're paying for the technology.

All Teslas patents are free to use by anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

try www.Iwanttogobankrupt.com

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Motley fool picks lemonade as its stock of the month and it’s up 26% today. Can’t see anything else about the company today so don’t think there’s anything else to explain it.

A stock going up that much off a stock tipping site is mad (and a bit scary!)

• Advertisement

SmokyMo wrote: »
    All Teslas patents are free to use by anyone

Yeah but what Elon Musk is thinking of doing with the technology, none of the other car companies have even thought of yet. They're a tech company that built a car, rather than a car company trying to get into tech. I don't hold Tesla, but can see why its silly to judge it against car companies

Motley fool picks lemonade as its stock of the month and it’s up 26% today. Can’t see anything else about the company today so don’t think there’s anything else to explain it.

A stock going up that much off a stock tipping site is mad (and a bit scary!)

Lemonade CEO posted a video of cars, looks like a hint that they're moving into car insurance. Game changer. It's now my biggest holding

Biggest overall gain ever for myself today, Up 10% today, ARGO, Lemonade, Snowflake, Bitcoin and Teledoc leading the way, 20 of my 25 stocks gained more than 5% today

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Lemonade CEO posted a video of cars, looks like a hint that they're moving into car insurance. Game changer. It's now my biggest holding

A gif of a car is hardly justification of a 25% jump in the value of the company. Not that an investor would complaint of course!

I have been sceptical (and still remain a bit) of lemonade but if it works - I’ll gladly tip my hat and rage that I didn’t get in at 50 odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Rule number one of trading. Don't ever ever short Tesla.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

A gif of a car is hardly justification of a 25% jump in the value of the company. Not that an investor would complaint of course!

I have been sceptical (and still remain a bit) of lemonade but if it works - I’ll gladly tip my hat and rage that I didn’t get in at 50 odd.

Biggest regret that I ended up with JFrog instead of Lemonade, stupid move on my part. But you live and learn. Trying to catch a down day has it's flaws.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Cpfm

Biggest overall gain ever for myself today, Up 10% today, ARGO, Lemonade, Snowflake, Bitcoin and Teledoc leading the way, 20 of my 25 stocks gained more than 5% today

great result.. fair play! ....also been a good day here - lemonade leading the charge. Good to see OCGN coming back after sliding back for 2 days (another rigolo call) made 4.5% overall and am pretty happy with that... be nice to finish the day with an impeachment - but maybe we shouldn't talk politics on this thread...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭crushproof

The star of winter 2020/21 for me so far, up 220%. As usual just wish I bought more. Although it is quite mad that one article and photo can pump it 25% in one day. Nonetheless they have a superb business model and can massively disrupt the industry in coming years

• Registered Users Posts: 10,687 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Rule number 2, diversify Tesla stock with Bitcoin. ;)

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

This forward momentum, while welcome. has to be risky, everything rising multiple % ever day is surely untenable, brexit, COVID, rioting yanks, nothing seems capable of stopping it, a hiding behind the couch day must surely be around the corner. Best to enjoy it while it lasts I guess, ride that big Cliffs of Moher wave.

• Advertisement

Wait and see

A few €k worth of puts wont break the bank if the insanity continues..

Wait and see

A few €k worth of puts wont break the bank if the insanity continues..

As the saying goes 'markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭daheff

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    This forward momentum, while welcome. has to be risky, everything rising multiple % ever day is surely untenable, brexit, COVID, rioting yanks, nothing seems capable of stopping it, a hiding behind the couch day must surely be around the corner. Best to enjoy it while it lasts I guess, ride that big Cliffs of Moher wave.

Agreed, but I think it's a case of money chasing return. Negative int rates on cash, bond yields down nowhere else for cash to go except shares and commodities.

Cash being pumped in by central Banks means inflation threat in the medium term...how much inflation though?!

As the saying goes 'markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent'

You do understand that buying , say €10k of puts means the absolute most you can lose on that position is the €10k yes ?

You do understand that buying , say €10k of puts means the absolute most you can lose on that position is the €10k yes ?

Yes I understand how puts work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

daheff wrote: »
    Agreed, but I think it's a case of money chasing return. Negative int rates on cash, bond yields down nowhere else for cash to go except shares and commodities.

Cash being pumped in by central Banks means inflation threat in the medium term...how much inflation though?!

Also worth noting that not all companies are going up. Salesforce for example remains well off of it's high's as an example. Alibaba remains well undervalued. It's not all winners.

Yes I understand how puts work.

You agree the Tesla moves feel irrational? Im just baffled..

By the way my share pick is Aviva. Havent seen it mentioned here. Nice P/E, feel there’s still a bit of Brexit/Dividend slashed fear in the current price, trading below the book value. Im in it at average price of 320 GBX

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Hibrasil

DutchYurt wrote: »
    May I ask your thoughts on FSLY its a ball ache of a stock for me. Its been getting hammered the last month or so from its 104 high. Should have cashed out. My BEP is 93 or so. I'm wary of the stock myself not sure to hold or just cut losses.

basics is that earnings have declined an average of 10 p.a. per annum for 3 years and business is not forecasted to be profitable for the next 3 years.

Added to this there has been a lot of insider selling.
    On Basics the shares are priced at 81.62:
    Value per share is calculated at 9.67.

Upside potential is not great;
    Healrh is OK

Future and Value is questionaible???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Stay away, the derivative market around Tesla is so hefty that there is no reason for the share price to follow fundamentals. There will be case studies done on this in years to come, it's like the synthetic CDO from the 2008 property bubble - except this time every Tom Dick and Harry on the street can get in on the action with their stimulus checks and savings. There is probably at least $1000 in puts and calls betting on every 100$ worth of Tesla stock at any given time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

80s Child wrote: »
    Rigolo tipped Hut8 and Bitfarm at the start of December.

Hut8 was 1.17, now 4.98

Bitfarm was .49, now 3.06

And no.. I dont hold either of them.

Free the Share Picks one!

Astonishing, knew his stuff..

Advertisement