Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Posh Boy

Folks, apologies if this is the wrong thread but I'm thinking of dipping my toes in the share world. As for an account I note than many of you are using DeGiro.

I was considering this but wanted to know your thoughts on using the likes of etoro as there is zero commission with them and I can buy US stocks and also they do a bit of cryptocurrency too.

Any information would be helpful. Ultimately, I want something easy to use with low charges since it's not going to be large volume for the moment.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭weemcd

Posh Boy wrote: »
    Folks, apologies if this is the wrong thread but I'm thinking of dipping my toes in the share world. As for an account I note than many of you are using DeGiro.

I was considering this but wanted to know your thoughts on using the likes of etoro as there is zero commission with them and I can buy US stocks and also they do a bit of cryptocurrency too.

Any information would be helpful. Ultimately, I want something easy to use with low charges since it's not going to be large volume for the moment.

Thanks.

I much preferred the layout and usability compared to etoro, always found Degiro fees were nominal. I'm sure other users here would have more input. Though you can't purchase bitcoin through Degiro so...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Posh Boy wrote: »

Thanks.

Its fine to use, but don't use the copy features, they look amazing but the fees are bad. It was only that someone pointed it out to me here that I noticed what I was getting back was way less than what I should have.

For stocks its grand but it wont have a lot of stocks you may want to invest in the future when your knowledge gets better, It will have the big stocks but spac's pennies etc it wont have.

I think Degiro/Coinbase would be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

WFC on the up and should reach $45 in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Magno_DT wrote: »
    Did anyone else throw money into this? I put a bit into it on the back of Rigolo's post. It was just blind trust really, I don't know anything about it. It was 33 at the time and it has continued to rocket now to almost 80. Up 140 percent. But I don't know what to do now. Sell or hold.. Is there a Rigolo Bat sign we can shine towards the sky when we need to make contact with him?

Edit: My Degiro graph for it is showing 80 but in fact I think it's even higher than that now.
    One other note on this, did some digging here comparing to other miners
    RIOT - mined 1,000 bitcoin in 2020 - market cap 1.5bn
    ARB - mined 2,500 bitcoins in 2020 - market cap 350m

Not sure how that makes sense, RIOT is probably overvalued but ARB is definitely still undervalued.
    DutchYurt wrote: »
    It's tied to BTC right? I think BTC could go to 50k but there has to be a drop at some point.

Some of the valuations are saying it will run to 100k-300k this year, but with everything its crystal ball territory and all that. But if you look at the previous halvings and the hash rate of mining it could be right. If BTC gets to 50k I'll do some profit taking and reassess from there.

I'm just watching it with fascination like Tesla to be honest.
    I wouldn't be too concerned about the Bitcoin price, it could drop 90% again, but not likely with the institutional ownership. The biggest threat to the miners (ARB/RIOT) is that with future halvings, it'll get more expensive to make a bitcoin. At some point it could become uneconomical, but that's not likely with the price going up with less availability.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭pitrn

Any thoughts on Gevo. Will it go beyond 5 dollar? I have few shares wondering if I should sell or hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Shedite27 wrote: »

Gonna see if ARB comes back down again and jump in. Should have listened to Rigolo more.

RIGOLO COME BACK PLEASE!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Gonna see if ARB comes back down again and jump in. Should have listened to Rigolo more.

RIGOLO COME BACK PLEASE!

I'm sure a new user let's call him "BIGALOW" will create a new account soon ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

What did ye's do to poor RIGOLO this time?

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

Wombatman wrote: »
    What did ye's do to poor RIGOLO this time?

Banned for something he said on another forum on Boards :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Shedite27 wrote: »

Not sure how that makes sense, RIOT is probably overvalued but ARB is definitely still undervalued.

I wouldn't be too concerned about the Bitcoin price, it could drop 90% again, but not likely with the institutional ownership. The biggest threat to the miners (ARB/RIOT) is that with future halvings, it'll get more expensive to make a bitcoin. At some point it could become uneconomical, but that's not likely with the price going up with less availability.

Another miner well worth a look is MARA, getting a shed load of new equipment this year, if bitcoin holds its price they should be churning them out = big price appreciation.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Stablelad123

TSLA just hit Crathie Woods' most bullish target of 4,000. I honestly don't think I have seen frenzied speculation like this and I traded during the dotcom hysteria. Simply incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ADZAM

Reinvent Technology Partners - RTP is now available on Degiro - I bought a good wedge @ $11.25
    I've been waiting and waiting for this one, it is a SPAC led by Reid Hoffman (LinkedIn) and Mark Pincus (Zynga)
    It is a SPAC so carries it's own risks, no target names yet. I feel confident backing these two to find a good growth technology company and enjoy the upside of getting in fairly early.

I'm also getting on the Genome / Cathie Woods ARKG train and have bought a few names such as Invitate, Beam, Morphic, Maravai, Regeneron, Novartis and JNJ

Obviously do your own diligence and research. Best of luck!

ADZAM wrote: »
    Reinvent Technology Partners - RTP is now available on Degiro - I bought a good wedge @ $11.25
    I've been waiting and waiting for this one, it is a SPAC led by Reid Hoffman (LinkedIn) and Mark Pincus (Zynga)
    It is a SPAC so carries it's own risks, no target names yet. I feel confident backing these two to find a good growth technology company and enjoy the upside of getting in fairly early.

I'm also getting on the Genome / Cathie Woods ARKG train and have bought a few names such as Invitate, Beam, Morphic, Maravai, Regeneron, Novartis and JNJ

Is ARKG on Degiro? Don't see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

Sold my tesla shares at 800, bought at 415, watch now them hit 1000, but happy with the decision, only pity is the $ is so low

ADZAM wrote: »

I've joined you on RTP at the same price. Are you in PSTH also? It's a bit further along but still not gone too far I think.

omerin wrote: »
    Sold my tesla shares at 800, bought at 415, watch now them hit 1000, but happy with the decision, only pity is the $ is so low

Nice work. Congratulations!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,687 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

omerin wrote: »

Tesla has 1% of global car sales, yet a market capitalization equal to all the other car companies put together. You did right to sell.

Tesla - € 755 B
    Toyota - 210 B
    Volkswagon - 98 B
    BYD - 87 B

https://companiesmarketcap.com/automakers/largest-automakers-by-market-cap/

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭crushproof

Tesla has 1% of global car sales, yet a market capitalization equal to all the other car companies put together. You did right to sell.

Tesla - € 755 B
    Toyota - 210 B
    Volkswagon - 98 B
    BYD - 87 B

https://companiesmarketcap.com/automakers/largest-automakers-by-market-cap/

This argument has been made time and time again, yet the stock still continues to skyrocket.

I'm of the same belief as you and don't hold any shares but christ its insane watching from the sidelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Cpfm

RIGOLO COME BACK PLEASE!

I was checking out ARB when I read this and thought I'd missed the boat - up 34% today already. Just checked it again ....57% and climbing :pac:

not complaining though - good day today...beating the market...took a small position in RTP also - thank u for the tip..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Anyone else temped to cash out fully? Sitting at an overall gain of 136% for the cash I put in across the last 12 months, this just can't continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Cpfm wrote: »
    I was checking out ARB when I read this and thought I'd missed the boat - up 34% today already. Just checked it again ....57% and climbing :pac:

not complaining though - good day today...beating the market...took a small position in RTP also - thank u for the tip..

All thanks to Rigolo it was his tip. I'll take a big position tomorrow and DCA over the next few months

Hope my curse no longer holds through!

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

Cpfm wrote: »

Hi what’s the full name for ARB ? Finding a few with ARB in title ! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,687 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Timmaay wrote: »
    Anyone else temped to cash out fully? Sitting at an overall gain of 136% for the cash I put in across the last 12 months, this just can't continue.

I'm thinking the same, especially for the airline stocks.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭duefrine

Daz_ wrote: »

ARGO BLOCKCHAI

Think this is the one...

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Magno_DT

duefrine wrote: »
    ARGO BLOCKCHAI

Think this is the one...

Yep it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Rigolo tipped Hut8 and Bitfarm at the start of December.

Hut8 was 1.17, now 4.98

Bitfarm was .49, now 3.06

And no.. I dont hold either of them.

Free the Share Picks one!

Daz_ wrote: »

Argo Blockchain
    ..sorry ..didn't see previous replies...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

80s Child wrote: »
    Rigolo tipped Hut8 and Bitfarm at the start of December.

Hut8 was 1.17, now 4.98

Bitfarm was .49, now 3.06

And no.. I dont hold either of them.

Free the Share Picks one!

Some returns, shame I never really looked into his stock picks! Can he be unbanned for this thread only.

• Advertisement

All thanks to Rigolo it was his tip. I'll take a big position tomorrow and DCA over the next few months

Hope my curse no longer holds through!

I'm wondering if its got more to run though - also looking at MARA that supercell mentioned...

Advertisement