Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭jams100

Shell up 8% (new high since covid drop). I was expecting it to drop considering the harsher lockdowns in Europe and the slow administration of the vaccine in many countries. This market is very irrational.

Mentioned skillz a few days ago up 15% today. I'm long on skillz and open. Given the volatility I would wait for another pullback on both though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I'd like to invest monthly in some stock, mainly big hitters and some we have a passion about.
    But we want to drip 5% of our salary in monthly, is there any site/broker that will make this easy? I don't want to have to go buy each stock every month.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭outonawing

I'd like to invest monthly in some stock, mainly big hitters and some we have a passion about.
    But we want to drip 5% of our salary in monthly, is there any site/broker that will make this easy? I don't want to have to go buy each stock every month.

On Trading 212 you can set up a pie to make automatic investments in your stocks.
    Might be what you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

What a day for renewable and Chinese stocks, jd.com, IEA EH livent BABA all strong gains for me, Fiverr SQ and OPEN all still going also. I took 1/4 profits on them 1st 4 in the afternoon (in my spreadbetting account), they have kept on going since, however taking 1/4 or 1/3 profits on big days like today is a happy compromise for me in taking some profits, but hopefully letting my winners run.

outonawing wrote: »
    On Trading 212 you can set up a pie to make automatic investments in your stocks.
    Might be what you're looking for.

Sounds like exactly what I'm looking for, I'll have a look now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Overstock with a nice bounce today, I would expect off the low and it to move higher from here. Market cap of 2.4B and they have over 500M in cash and looking at a revenue estimate of 2.5B for 2020. Not to mention their crypto trading platform which is just beginning to take shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

After much deliberation and trying to figure things out I finally pulled the trigger and joined the circus.

1. NET
    2. SEA
    3. FB
    4. HD
    5. TWLO
    6. DOCU

These are heavily influenced by My Wall St. I signed up last week and I've found it great.

I also have a few quid in PSTH (didn't want to feel left out) as stated a while back.

Watchlist:
    FUTU
    TDOC
    NVTA
    PSTH (sub 25)
    SKLZ - from a previous poster
    ESTC - My Wall St.
    NIO

Great thread. Jesus, it's great to bounce ideas and watch the more experienced amongst us.

Lastly, FREE THE RIGOLO 1!!! What a loss they are to the thread.

Best of luck for 2021 folks! Let it be a happy, healthy and profitable one for us all!

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

My 6 buys in 2020 looking towards 2021 ->

UPWK entry at 20.39
    UAA entry at 9.28 (looking to sell)
    INGA entry at 6.37 (looking to sell)
    NNDM entry at 5.41
    MNDO entry at 2.58
    ZSAN entry at 0.58

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Corcaigh84

Finally got off my arse and opened my DeGiro account, at the moment between loans and whatnot all I'm affording right now is €150 p/m, which I can hopefully increase in the future. I just turned 36 so hopefully I'm not too over the hill to get in.

As with others on the thread I came across MyWallSt, I wish I had some mates interested in splitting the cost! I have been thinking about all the time we (by we I mean me, and my peers) waste on chatting ****e on Discord, playing games, watching YouTube etc etc, when there is an infinite amount of knowledge and discussion to be had in the investing space. The upside into getting into this 'hobby' is a comfortable future. I try not to think about what things would be like if I had any interest/means back in my 20's.

Also, having 'skin in the game' makes world news a lot more interesting :D Ramble over, carry on, I appreciate all the tips. I will try come back and give an update in 6 months.

Will be investing in these 6, monthly, for the forseeable future, even split between each, I dont have the time to take massive risks in the search of big pay offs, but if I could clear 10-15% a year I'd be happy.

AIRBNB - ABNB
    Amazon - AMZN
    Regeneron - REGN
    ZOOM - ZM
    Beyond Meat - BYND
    AliBaba - BABA

I'll try post monthly as i review!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jinish

Absolutely not late. I started six months ago after a taking a break of almost 4 years.
    I m 35 with a family (two kids), and my priority was to get home. We finally bought a house in Feb 2020 after 6 years of renting.
    Now that we have a roof over our head, we re started.
    I missed the main rally and this thread, however 20% return in 2020.
    Working to build the portfolio for 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Opened my position in Baozun yesterday, loaded a small bit probably 1% of my portfolio currently. I'm actually hoping for a drop in price short term with the worries around Jack Ma. Currently Alibaba hold 15% of Baozun so that might drive it down if things go further south in China.

My plan here is for Gamestop, a large part of my portfolio, to continue momentum towards earnings day and to hopefully offload an even bigger profit here into BZUN. The books are great and the year on year growth is even better. China is the largest ecommerce market in the world and American companies are seeing record sales here. These are the companies that use Baozun's services.

https://www.practicalecommerce.com/china-is-dominating-ecommerce

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-tiffany-results/tiffany-beats-profit-estimates-on-soaring-china-demand-idUKKBN2841JF

Nike is a Baozun customer: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-18/nike-gains-as-china-and-online-sales-help-results-top-estimates

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

I am trying to figure out Shell, after months of being in the red with it, finally the price is back to around my purchase price. I think I will sell and invest elsewhere unless someone out there has a good reason not to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Corcaigh84 wrote: »
    As with others on the thread I came across MyWallSt, I wish I had some mates interested in splitting the cost!

You'll make that €80 back in no time

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭hottipper

Kilboor wrote: »
    Opened my position in Baozun yesterday, loaded a small bit probably 1% of my portfolio currently. I'm actually hoping for a drop in price short term with the worries around Jack Ma. Currently Alibaba hold 15% of Baozun so that might drive it down if things go further south in China.

My plan here is for Gamestop, a large part of my portfolio, to continue momentum towards earnings day and to hopefully offload an even bigger profit here into BZUN. The books are great and the year on year growth is even better. China is the largest ecommerce market in the world and American companies are seeing record sales here. These are the companies that use Baozun's services.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-tiffany-results/tiffany-beats-profit-estimates-on-soaring-china-demand-idUKKBN2841JF

Nike is a Baozun customer: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-18/nike-gains-as-china-and-online-sales-help-results-top-estimates

Juicy looking trade as usual kilboor- could hold that for years if it breaks out of that area. thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Anyone jump on Rigolo's mining companies? The one I've followed Argo Blockchain (ARB) is up 750% since he mentioned it on 9th Dec.

treatyman wrote: »
    I am trying to figure out Shell, after months of being in the red with it, finally the price is back to around my purchase price. I think I will sell and invest elsewhere unless someone out there has a good reason not to sell.

All I can say is I think Oil will recover to 60 during the year. As a large oil company, I'm not sure how much gains that will equate to, I'm only invested in small cap oil which I know it would affect bigly :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭RaggyDays

+1 on oil

I think the ftse100 is very undervalued compared to the rest of the world markets.
    I've been buying Shares Core FTSE 100 UCITS ETF on degiro, it qualifies for the free fee monthly purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

My long term hold is GERN, a very interesting company in FDA phase 3 for a blood based cancer drug. It is will financed for the trails which is huge and had a high profile split from partner Jansen (J&J) 2 years ago but has now taken back all the rights to the drug. Since the split alot of the top Jansen people who were working on the drug have left Jansen to join GERN.

Price currently sits at 1.60 and it is a long term hold, as it is expected real approval for the drug will come in 2023, however, if it passes all trials and is FDA approved this price will explode.

In the meantime not much will move the needle on it but things like the Jansen people coming on board and enough financing for the phase 3 trials (which are very expensive) is a very good indicator. Also, recently the previous head of the FDA now runs an investment firm and he has bought 10% of the company, another positive indicator. Plus most Wall Street analysts are positive on it.

Otherwise, be safe out there, the market is in a real bubble currently and could burst dramatically in 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

All I can say is I think Oil will recover to 60 during the year. As a large oil company, I'm not sure how much gains that will equate to, I'm only invested in small cap oil which I know it would affect bigly :cool:

I work in the industry and yes it will could well spike to that but it should settle long term below 50.

Some of the big oil companies are in trouble cash flow wise which will affect prices too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭littlevillage

QS now at $52.... Down nearly 40%

Is it a buy now, I wonder ???

Was totally overtaken by FOMO on Monday and pounced on QS at $50. Sold out yesterday ay $60....sweet piece of business. Thanks Bcklschaps & Shedite27

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭RaggyDays

It's the smaller Oil producers that are starting to get decimated, look at what has happened to Tullow oil.
    Brent at $54 now, any sort of an event is going to cause big spikes.
    I agree $50 is the new norm but I'm not going to be surprised if if spikes to $80 this summer

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Democrats taking one of the two seats in Georgia already has pre market weed stocks up by 20%~ I'm cautious on weed stocks - especially aurora (shakes fist angrily) but if the dems when the senate could see some good momentum in the industry. I haven't the faintest ideas which companies are the ones to back (canopy potential is one I recall - could be wrong) but just something to think about!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Will you purchase this in euro or dollar Kilboor? Or am I looking at two different things on Degiro?

I have Baozun and Baozun INC showing for me

80s Child wrote: »
    Will you purchase this in euro or dollar Kilboor? Or am I looking at two different things on Degiro?

I have Baozun and Baozun INC showing for me

Dollar it's a Nasdaq stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Pls has broken back through a dollar, can't believe this I thought that money was gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

DutchYurt wrote: »
    Democrats taking one of the two seats in Georgia already has pre market weed stocks up by 20%~ I'm cautious on weed stocks - especially aurora (shakes fist angrily) but if the dems when the senate could see some good momentum in the industry. I haven't the faintest ideas which companies are the ones to back (canopy potential is one I recall - could be wrong) but just something to think about!

I'm in on Aphria for a while. Dropped off a good bit from the highs of a year ago but seems to be steady enough and coming back gradually.

Aurora was a basket case with the gains and drops it had the past few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Thargor wrote: »
    Pls has broken back through a dollar, can't believe this I thought that money was gone.

I think they were always confident they had offtake contracts in the bag and would pick up once Chinese markets and the lithium price started to recover.

The entitlement shares are basically up 170 percent for shareholders. Once we get out of the pandemic and manufacturing takes off, the EV market could drive this stock way up, fingers crossed.!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Anyone know what happens IPOC when it merges? I have IPOC shares and they are supposed to go to Clover Health. Just curious to know how the stock is affected.

Also, is there a way to track the gains/losses per day of your portfolio in DeGiro. They have it displayed when you log in but only for the current trading day. Can't find historical info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

UsBus wrote: »
    Aurora was a basket case with the gains and drops it had the past few months.

I got in on aurora when it was 7$ and watched it go to 65cents or so before the R/S. Terry Booth will be getting a slap in the face if I ever see him

Advertisement