Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Speaking of SPACs PSTH is up 12% in the last hour, rumours that it's Stripe.

My SPAC suggestion is APSG, Apollo have a good track record for taking companies public and they have a great team set up for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭outonawing

Speaking of SPACs PSTH is up 12% in the last hour, rumours that it's Stripe.

My SPAC suggestion is APSG, Apollo have a good track record for taking companies public and they have a great team set up for this one.

PSTH is one I'd be holding on to post any merger.

Must look up APSG.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I only really consider them real SPAC's before they announce the target, once they announce the target they're basically that company.

So the only real SPACs that are worth following are ones where ya like the sponsor, that's just Ackman (PSTH) and Chamath for me (IPO...)

How would you rate The Gores Group?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

I'm in PSTH for a while. Got in at 25.62

Just put in an order for BFT and APSG.

BFT: I think Paysafe is going to be big in the not so distant future. I hold FB because of the monetizing potential in WhatsApp, but I'm fearful for FB as a social medium in the future. I think younger people will liaise more via Xbox and PS, so FB will fade.

Of course, they could branch out etc

APSG: TTS just tipped it. Did a bit of DD and thought it looked good. Solid group behind it.

Love a SPAC.

Disclaimer: I didnt know what a SPAC was until about 6 weeks ago, so maybe approach with care...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Treppen

80s Child wrote: »
    I'm in PSTH for a while. Got in at 25.62

Just put in an order for BFT and APSG.

BFT: I think Paysafe is going to be big in the not so distant future. I hold FB because of the monetizing potential in WhatsApp, but I'm fearful for FB as a social medium in the future. I think younger people will liaise more via Xbox and PS, so FB will fade.

Of course, they could branch out etc

APSG: TTS just tipped it. Did a bit of DD and thought it looked good. Solid group behind it.

Love a SPAC.

Disclaimer: I didnt know what a SPAC was until about 6 weeks ago, so maybe approach with care...

So what's the deal with SPAC.... I.e. when psth makes the acquisition what happens your share in psth? Do you have to do anything?

• Advertisement

Treppen wrote: »
    So what's the deal with SPAC.... I.e. when psth makes the acquisition what happens your share in psth? Do you have to do anything?

Depending on who they merge with, the ticker may change.

You don't have to do anything, your broker takes care of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jinish

Just out of interest I was looking at the oldest thread in Boards re bitcoin. Its dated back to 2010. People were so doubtful about it then, however some bought it. It was 0.4 cent for one coin omg. Now its 40,000$.
    Its just amazing how some people figure out the future possibilities of something where majority marked it as a scam/ponzi scheme.

outonawing wrote: »
    Depending on who they merge with, the ticker may change.

You don't have to do anything, your broker takes care of it.

My understanding of it anyway.

Although, as aforementioned by another poster, they can go pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

https://twitter.com/search?q=%24PIPP&s=08

Taking a small punt on this, board full of bidens pals. Looking at Aerospace defence contractors

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭KilOit

jinish wrote: »
    Just out of interest I was looking at the oldest thread in Boards re bitcoin. Its dated back to 2010. People were so doubtful about it then, however some bought it. It was 0.4 cent for one coin omg. Now its 40,000$.
    Its just amazing how some people figure out the future possibilities of something where majority marked it as a scam/ponzi scheme.

Most would have either sold it before 100$ or lost it in mtgox. Extremely unlikely people kept the private keys to multiple Bitcoin before it reached 10k nevermind 40k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Chamath for me (IPO...)

New enough to SPACs myself and reading into Chamath, which one on Degiro for IPO as there are a few with different numbers so I am slightly confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Atlas_IRL wrote: »

Taking a small punt on this, board full of bidens pals. Looking at Aerospace defence contractors

Can't find it on Degiro unless you have a ticker handy I'm not seeing?

DutchYurt wrote: »
    Can't find it on Degiro unless you have a ticker handy I'm not seeing?

I'll send them a mail

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Is it on Degiro?

RedRochey wrote: »
    Is it on Degiro?

Not yet, I send them a mail think it only started trading on the 7th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

I'll send them a mail

Keep us in the loop if it gets added. I'm in.

I'll send them a mail

Will they just put it up because you email them?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

DutchYurt wrote: »
    New enough to SPACs myself and reading into Chamath, which one on Degiro for IPO as there are a few with different numbers so I am slightly confused.

He has multiple. You're basically just buying a share in Chamath and he finds a company to merge it into. You then get shares in that company. So far we've had:
    IPOA - Virgin Galactic
    IPOB - Opendoor
    IPOC - Clover Health
    IPOD -
    IPOE - SoFi
    IPOF -

If ya read up on him he gives hints as to the industry he's looking for each. I think D is supposed to be a non-US company.

My only word of warning with SPACs, is that eventually we'll run out of good companies to take public. There's too many SPACs out there at the moment, so eventually we'll get burned. Keep with the quality names.

OPES was one I was in last year, converged to BFI, currently 13.16 a share
    The worst I've owned was HOFV (NFL Theme Park), currently 1.94 a share

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Hibrasil

ADZAM wrote: »
    I noticed Big Commerce (BIGC) seems to be a beaten up eCommerce stock, does anyone have any insights or thoughts on them? Currently trading @$66, down from 52 week high of $162.50

Value per Share computed at $6???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

image.png

My portfolio going into 2021, looking to reduce my Pfizer %, sell Urban One (got rid of my UAA stock last week at 18 from 9 entry) Looking for openings in NET/CRSP/NNND to hold while building up cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

SEAH - Another SPAC supposedly Sportsradar going public although nothing concrete.

Huge sports analytics company similar to Genius Sports (DMYD SPAC)

$10.40 only has a downside risk of 40 cents a share. Worth a punt on that alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

My 1st time even looking proper at my portfolio breakdown. Jezzzz its scarcely lol. 68% of it is EV stocks lol. Around 90% are in what I'd call growth stocks. My only defence is both have grown significantly across last year so neither figures represent the actual cash I've spent on them.

Timmaay wrote: »
    My 1st time even looking proper at my portfolio breakdown. Jezzzz its scarcely lol. 68% of it is EV stocks lol. Around 90% are in what I'd call growth stocks. My only defence is both have grown significantly across last year so neither figures represent the actual cash I've spent on them.
    Would ya think of changing anything now that you've seen it? There's basically only 3 companies there that's gonna impact your overall up or down %. I can understand a few small positions in moonshots, but I don't see the point in having 1% in things like Mastercard, Pinterest, Tesla.

I'd be taking some out of NIO and Nano (maybe trim to 20% - 25%), and then increase the growth stocks that haven't taken off yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Would ya think of changing anything now that you've seen it? There's basically only 3 companies there that's gonna impact your overall up or down %. I can understand a few small positions in moonshots, but I don't see the point in having 1% in things like Mastercard, Pinterest, Tesla.

I'd be taking some out of NIO and Nano (maybe trim to 20% - 25%), and then increase the growth stocks that haven't taken off yet.

Any thoughts on Growth Stocks that haven't taken off yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Yeh I've trimmed roughly a 1/3 off my NIO already (at one stage it was 86% my full portfolio lol), I'll see how it reacts 1st thing Monday to NIO day (I can offload the Frankfurt shares before the us premarket opens if needs), Nano I've loosely doubled my money but I'm quite bullish that it will head on towards 15 next few weeks. Agreed about stuff like MA, pins, HMI, garage clear out needed on stuff like that which will probably never leave me with more than 2 or 300e profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,886 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

cronos wrote: »
    Any thoughts on Growth Stocks that haven't taken off yet?

Nothing from me at present, I was referring to the ones that are smaller positions in Timmaay's portfolio

• Registered Users Posts: 14,081 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Gonna keep my eye on Boeing tomorrow, may be a rollercoaster day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

After significant gains last year I've gone against my inner voice and best practice to go all in on PSTH bar some holdings in smaller SPACs, NIO and Crypto.
    Not exactly a split to be proud of......

Needless to say if I (or should I say Bill Ackman) pulls this off ......:D

I might add that if he doesn't I'm close enough to NAV to walk away unscathed other than opportunity cost.

Advertisement