Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COVID-19: Vaccine and testing procedures Megathread Part 2 [Mod Warning - Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,185 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Kivaro wrote: »
    So the other countries who received the vaccine today and are starting their vaccination programme today or tomorrow have smarter medical staff than Ireland, because they can be trained in a matter of hours?
    We truly have an incompetent and unaccountable HSE if they delay with our rollout. They are holding the country to ransom, and the government is allowing it to happen.

Other countries planned for this and had training done and dusted in anticipation of rolling this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

They aren't doing one group at a time.

Nursing homes take longer as they have to go to them, others will go to mass vaccination centres and in centralised locations.

Why can’t staff nurses in the homes do them?

If it turns out a Fianna Fall chronie is being paid rent to store the freezers that will bring down the government

They aren't doing one group at a time. Not sure how many times this has to be said. Its widely available in the vacination documentation released recently which is a living document

Nursing homes take longer as they have to go to them, others will go to mass vaccination centres and in centralised locations.

I admire your optimism.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

Minister for Health, Donnelly, has to take responsibility for this. The vaccine is here and they'll start vaccinating next Wednesday. That's pathetic. Peoples' lives are at stake here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,217 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Gael23 wrote: »
    Why can’t staff nurses in the homes do them?

If it turns out a Fianna Fall chronie is being paid rent to store the freezers that will bring down the government

Because they can't, its being run in line with existing HSE vacination programmes.

The other argument is GPs, they can't administer them at this current moment either.

As for the last line its in the HSE cold store facility

• Advertisement

namloc1980 wrote: »
    I admire your optimism.

Its called reading up on it the last few weeks.

There's nothing here which is out of step with what was announced weeks ago.

No surprise people are jumping up and down already.

I do think we might need a separate thread for people to complain about vacinations and the rollout, this thread has generally been used for technical discussion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Minister for Health, Donnelly, has to take responsibility for this. The vaccine is here and they'll start vaccinating next Wednesday. That's pathetic. Peoples' lives are at stake here.

He's the biggest spoofer and fraud I've ever seen.

Its called reading up on it the last few weeks.

There's nothing here which is out of step with what was announced weeks ago.

No surprise people are jumping up and down already

So we planned to be behind our EU counterparts in rolling this out. Doesn't sound like a great plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

As for the last line its in the HSE cold store facility

I understand that but it’s good for 5 days at normal refrigeration temperature so why can’t a batch be delivered to a home and scheduled to be administered by on site staff within that time.

So we planned to be behind our EU counterparts in rolling this out. Doesn't sound like a great plan.

Complain to your TD then, complaining here won't do too much.

Anyone who's been following this thread last few weeks was well aware of the draft timelines.

Hosptial rollout for example has been accelerated, these things change and will change as more vaccine comes on stream & logistical issues get ironed out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Choosehowevr.

Organization and speed are concerns

We haven't a great track record, maybe it will come together

• Registered Users Posts: 9,742 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Where are these vaccines stored? We should all roll up tomorrow morning demanding our vaccines.

Why should you get vaccinated before a HCW?

Complain to your TD then, complaining here won't do too much.

Anyone who's been following this thread last few weeks was well aware of the draft timelines.

Hosptial rollout for example has been accelerated, these things change and will change as more vaccine comes on stream

Do you think it's acceptable that we have vaccine in this country since this morning but we don't plan on using any of it until next Wednesday?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Why should you get vaccinated before a HCW?

Well if they're sitting there in storage. There's people who will be at the door tomorrow morning no bother but nope they just want to hold onto them for a few days. An absolute joke.

Do you think it's acceptable that we have vaccine in this country since this morning but we don't plan on using any of it until next Wednesday?

Would I have liked to see vaccine rolled out before 30th, yup, do I think everything should be in place before its rolled out yup.

So what if the HSE had begun a rollout tomorrow for example and then run into issues, same people complaining now would have been complaining that they should have waited and had everything lined up.

Dammed if they do dammed if they don't.

But like I said no point in questioning me or complaining about it here, email your TD. All I know is my family who work in hosptial settings have had the rollout accelerated in these settings, wont hear many saying fair play to getting them out there quicker.

I note the UK are now having issues with rollout, seems they went too much too quick and now don't have the required deliveries coming in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,742 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Would I have liked to see vaccine rolled out before 30th, yup, do I think everything should be in place before its rolled out yup.

So what if the HSE had begun a rollout tomorrow for example and then run into issues, same people complaining now would have been complaining that they should have waited and had everything lined up.

I note the UK are now having issues with rollout, seems they went too much too quick and now don't have the required deliveries coming in.

Didn't they also lose the data on how many people had gotten the first dose?

Maybe we should give Michael D the vaccine on the news tomorrow. Might keep some people happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

But like I said no point in questioning me or complaining about it here, email your TD. All I know is my family who work in hosptial settings have had the rollout accelerated in these settings, wont hear many saying fair play to getting them out there quicker.

But if we aren’t ready why not say why? No one else has issues - do you believe Germany are rushing it?

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Didn't they also lose the data on how many people had gotten the first dose?

Maybe we should give Michael D the vaccine on the news tomorrow. Might keep some people happy.

Looks like the UK now plans to give the Oxford Vaccine from January 4th, as expected it'll be approved in time to release pressure on them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Choosehowevr.

Is there comparisons available of rollout projections from various countries

I see theres league tables of injections so it will be interesting to watch unfold

I have a feeling well be at the slow end of it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,492 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Will there be a daily total of vaccinations given among with the daily number of positive cases and deaths?

Probably not because of the reaction by the public if a below expected number of doses is administered.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

This revised rollout contradicts the published priority groups tbh

That and the four day delay are my main issue

Can you link to a revised plan that doesn't start with nursing homes?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,522 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I think the problem is we were all a bit worried about the HSE's ability to pull this off properly beforehand, so its difficult to believe that the slow start won't be a trend.

Stheno wrote: »
    This revised rollout contradicts the published priority groups tbh

That and the four day delay are my main issue

Can you link to a revised plan that doesn't start with nursing homes?

No doc updated yet on the gov website from what I can see. ( not surprised seeing as its Christmas), its a living doc so would imagine there'll be a fair few changes.

Hosptial staff I know, including family literally were told in the last 48hrs and got their time allocations today & it's now dual rollout hospitals and from 11th hosptials and care homes.

Non paitent facing roles due from early Feb.

There was an issue whereby some rosters needed to be changed within hospitals for the rollout. For example in the hospital I'm aware of for next Wednesday rosters needed to be changed to take account of nurses needed for vacination along with doctors and consultants to be available in the event of an ADR along with separate facilties if required. While maintaining full cover in other areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Sorry but I can’t believe people are actually surprised by all of this. This is only just the beginning. It’s long been predicted on here that we’re gonna make an absolute balls of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Jesus christ the boards enquiry committee has already compiled their reports.

Yis haven't a clue and as usual people are on here bitching and moaning about something you know nothing about.

I get the worry and anxiety, but the constant hand wringing and hysterics from the armchair logistics crew doesn't help anything.

Are they? Have you a link to this story?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

No doc updated yet on the gov website from what I can see. ( not surprised seeing as its Christmas), its a living doc so would imagine there'll be a fair few changes.

Hosptial staff I know, including family literally were told in the last 48hrs and got their time allocations today & it's now dual rollout hospitals and from 11th hosptials and care homes.

Non paitent facing roles due from early Feb.

There was an issue whereby some rosters needed to be changed within hospitals for the rollout. For example in the hospital I'm aware of for next Wednesday rosters needed to be changed to take account of nurses needed for vacination along with doctors and consultants to be available in the event of an ADR along with separate facilties if required. While maintaining full cover in other areas.

So the planning and communications are shut

Forget its Christmas, this is too important

D.Q wrote: »

Yis haven't a clue and as usual people are on here bitching and moaning about something you know nothing about.

I get the worry and anxiety, but the constant hand wringing and hysterics from the armchair logistics crew doesn't help anything.

I think it's simply why can't we do it if other countries can? I still haven't seen a single solid explanation, and it of course is going to create worry that as this rolls out we'll always be playing catch up.

As for "armchair logistics crew", it's kinda looking like the HSE logistics team are the ones currently in their armchairs...

D.Q wrote: »

Well as you seem to be an expert here can you explain why it'll take us to Wednesday to start vaccinating while nearly every other country in the EU started today/tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Well as you seem to be an expert here can you explain why it'll take us to Wednesday to start vaccinating while nearly every other country in the EU started today/tomorrow?

I'd actually love the hear the official reason behind the delay.
    And an answer that stands up to reason, rather than the unofficial excuses I've seen on here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement