Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2021 - General Discussion Thread (Read 1st post rules)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,887 ✭✭✭✭flazio

That's the point I'm making. It's more likely that Eddie is refusing to talk rather than Beyond the Grid refusing to reach out. I don't know who the producer is but I bet Eddie is somewhere near the top of their wishlist.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Any F1/motorsport podcast worth its salt will be trying to get Eddie Irvine. He just doesn't talk that often.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,693 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

https://www.f1authentics.com/f1-memorabilia-shop/by-category/f1-re-engineered-car-parts/?features_hash=3-99-4392-GBP

Maybe some here will find them interesting and can afford them but for me they are all out of my budget even the ones for 250 or 300 euro are a lot of money for what they are.

I must say do the the Lotus gear and layshift lamp is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Harika

AMKC wrote: »
    https://www.f1authentics.com/f1-memorabilia-shop/by-category/f1-re-engineered-car-parts/?features_hash=3-99-4392-GBP

Maybe some here will find them interesting and can afford them but for me they are all out of my budget even the ones for 250 or 300 euro are a lot of money for what they are.

I must say do the the Lotus gear and layshift lamp is nice.

We should chip in together for a Lewis item and then raffle it amongst each other. . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭This is it

:D brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,734 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I got into a bidding war for a 1991 Jordan sponsor top on Ebay a good few years ago. I had a maximum bid I was prepared to pay, but that went out the window when emotion took over. I won the aucton, but it was stressful.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Sorry if posted already (from 4 days ago).

But did enjoy this video from F1 on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP6agOI4xwQ

Asked if they could have a 3rd driver on their team who would it be. Toto named Russell without a skipping a beat. Seems quite clear Ocon isn't in the running as much as they previously let on.

Interestingly Alpine's Marcin named Russell too. Said they're all pretty tied in, then goes "George if you're watching this and Toto hasn't come back to you yet give me a call". haha wasn't expecting that response!

Also Franz Tost, saying F1 is fighting on the race track, hope he didn't mean that alleged Scott Speed incident haha

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭barryribs

Speaking of prices;

https://www.circuitmagnycours.com/en/f1-driving-experience/

1.6 k for anyone interested in doing 3 laps in a 98 benneton or 01 prost pacman.gif or 6k for a 2011 Williams
    Shame its not the 99 or 00 Prost, they were much better looking cars.

Looking at that 3 seater reminded me of the McLaren MP4-98T two seater. I wonder if that's still knocking around anywhere.
    https://twitter.com/1990sF1/status/788105050363158528?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 20,018 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

flazio wrote: »
    Looking at that 3 seater reminded me of the McLaren MP4-98T two seater. I wonder if that's still knocking around anywhere.
    https://twitter.com/1990sF1/status/788105050363158528?s=09

Wasn't it Minardi who had the first to have the two seater F1 car?

The report mentions a second race at COTA but I wonder if Indianapolis would be up for a return of the infield track Grand Prix.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,212 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

flazio wrote: »
    The report mentions a second race at COTA but I wonder if Indianapolis would be up for a return of the infield track Grand Prix.

If they're lining up COTA #2 is there a different track config they can use

• Registered Users Posts: 15,693 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Can't say I will miss the singapore race on the calendar because I will not. It has become stale and boring. Be nice to see a second race in America some where.

Can't say I will miss the singapore race on the calendar because I will not. It has become stale and boring. Be nice to see a second race in America some where.

Monaco at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Monaco at night.

Chain bear recently did a 'how to improve Monaco' video. In which they used the practice of Joker laps in rallycross, and that they could be easily integrated into Monaco and actually provide some great improvements to the parade it currently is

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    If they're lining up COTA #2 is there a different track config they can use

I don't think there's another layout, Nascar was there two weeks ago and ran on the F1 track (tremendous race btw) so can't imagine another option being there.
    I'd rather watch the parking lot at Cesar's palace than that abomination of a circuit they used at Indy.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭iffandonlyif

Sort of having those thoughts too. I remember my childish excitement at the time of a race around this exotic location which was at night! That's very much wained.
    duploelabs wrote: »
    Chain bear recently did a 'how to improve Monaco' video. In which they used the practice of Joker laps in rallycross, and that they could be easily integrated into Monaco and actually provide some great improvements to the parade it currently is

Ah, I'm delighted. I had had that thought without knowing there was precedent for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

SIN is actually my fav race of the calendar, with Baku being #2!

Hard to imagine bit ill take your word for it.

I'd improve it by moving into a good track - like Turkey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

barryribs wrote: »
    I'd rather watch the parking lot at Cesar's palace than that abomination of a circuit they used at Indy.

They wouldn't use the track configuration they used to use, it'd be the one IndyCar use now. Doesn't use the banking at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭TheQ_Man

COTA is crap

• Registered Users Posts: 11,734 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

TheQ_Man wrote: »
    COTA is crap

I disagree.

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I disagree.

Heinz-Harald Frentzen was the greatest Jordan driver of all. Disagree with that?

They wouldn't use the track configuration they used to use, it'd be the one IndyCar use now. Doesn't use the banking at all.

The banking was the only interesting part of that track. The whole infield section is awful with the exception of the corner that led onto the banking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Heinz-Harald Frentzen was the greatest Jordan driver of all. Disagree with that?

What has that got to do with COTA? :confused::confused::confused:

What has that got to do with COTA? :confused::confused::confused:

The posters username

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

have you a link to that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

The posters username

Frenzten didn't drive a Jordan 199 :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement