Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2021 - General Discussion Thread (Read 1st post rules)

Options
1139140141142143145»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

This should be totally obvious. But I've seen people defend his quali record. Some posters even went as far as saying a gap of 4-5 tenths is about right to Max because max is just Soooooo much better than everyone else. In reality, he was obliterated by Max which is about right as he's an average driver a d max is excellent. The drivers rate him in the bottom half on form this year.

That's fair based on the season he had. Nobody worried about Bottas being left out of the top 10 (myself included) even though he beat Perez over the season. Bottas had a poor season by his standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭This is it

Fair play to Sainz, with his season finish and his rating from his peers. I definitely thought he'd struggle against LeClerc. Ferrari have two great drivers, if they can get a decent car you'd hope for a few wins next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,356 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Perez is a good driver, but first season for red bull that is set up around Verstappen is always going to be tough.

Interesting about Schumacher, hopefully the Haas won't be a heap like this year and he gets to compete...

I noticed the rankings are based on votes of drivers, but not all - no Mercedes, red bull or alfa romeo votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Very informative for someone new to the sport.

Thank you

Post edited by Tilikum17 on

• Registered Users Posts: 23,280 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I wouldn't agree that Aston is just a branding exercise. Sticking Aston badges on the red bull a couple of years back was a branding exercise.

Laurence stroll has bought into Aston Martin cars. 200 million for initial stake but I believe he has put some more cash in since so I'd say he owns upwards of 25 percent.

So you own a big share of a car manufacturer and you own a race team. Renaming the race team would appear to be a reasonable way forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Yeah it's a tricky one because Stroll's whole setup is buying brands and marketing them like Michael Kors and Tommy Hillfinger. He'd doing the same with AM but it's an actual car brand so it's like a manufacturer but not exactly the same.

He's been involved in F1 since the 90s according to Joe Saward. So while he's in F1 trying to buy Lance a title, he's not a complete blow-in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭Patsy167

The Alfa Romeo F1 team explains what different parts on a Formula 1 car do -

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Debub

Otmar leaving Aston Martin for 2022

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Thanks for telling the 2021 thread. 🤦‍♂️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Debub

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement