Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon.co.uk - early black Friday deals on now...

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 noconnecton

54and56 wrote: »
    No great discount currently available but I can vouch for how good this is https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07PL763M9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_XgHOFbEV9MAVK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

are they heavy on electricity , ill keep it in basket , seen u recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Happy4

thanks but just retried it and price is staying the same :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Monokne wrote: »
    What is the difference between ring 2nd and 3rd gen? Save me some research :)

Beware, the 2nd generation is not the 2, and what you're calling the 3rd generation is the 3.

The big thing about the 3 is that it somehow records motion 20 seconds before it's triggered. It also has a removable battery for charging.

The 2nd generation only came out this summer. I have mine hardwired to the existing doorbell transformer so I don't have to worry about charging it but if I was relying on the battery you would have to plug in the entire device.

A plus for the 3 is that it comes with a wedge kit for mounting it if you need a corner angle. With the 2nd generation you have to buy separately (do not get the kit for a 2, it won't fit). That caused problems for me as it was out of stock in Europe but I just checked ring.eu and it's back.

The 2nd generation is perfect for me, and even without the discount was half the price of the 3. I did get the chime even though I have multiple echo dots and it's great for hearing the bell no matter where I am in the house. If you don't have great WiFi the chime plus has a built in WiFi extender.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭meep

Caranica wrote: »
    it somehow records motion 20 seconds before it's triggered

That'll be a 20 second buffer. It's constantly recording (likely to memory) and stores the last 20 second chunk, overwriting previous data. When triggered, it retrieves that 20 seconds add to it and saves the entirety. Feels like magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 pickneary

a clanger wrote: »
    Try richer sounds forum they price match and give a 5 year guarantee. Deliver to your door. Nothing to do with them just satisfied customer over 10+years

Just wondering how easy is it if u have an issue with a tv in a few. Months, Is it a Big issue getting it back,

Also are these TVs Uk models does that effect the free tv here would I be better getting one in republic ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,322 ✭✭✭✭ted1

It says 300w so about 6cent and hour

But if used inside will lead to a moisture / mould issue

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

dinneenp wrote: »
    Also looking for doorbell. Checked competitors to Ring and Ring seem best in that price range. Have set a reminder for Black Friday to check them- will get Video Doorbell (2nd Generation) and the Chime

Expect it to be heavily discounted and with a Show bundled in with it...

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

vicwatson wrote: »
    Thanks, Was just wondering if it would pick up to a garden shed about 10 metres away

Turn your phone to airplane mode and connect to Wifi, run a speed test exactly where you plan on putting the camera, this will give a fair indication of the speed the camera will pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Caranica wrote: »
    Beware, the 2nd generation is not the 2, and what you're calling the 3rd generation is the 3.

The big thing about the 3 is that it somehow records motion 20 seconds before it's triggered. It also has a removable battery for charging.

The 2nd generation only came out this summer. I have mine hardwired to the existing doorbell transformer so I don't have to worry about charging it but if I was relying on the battery you would have to plug in the entire device.

A plus for the 3 is that it comes with a wedge kit for mounting it if you need a corner angle. With the 2nd generation you have to buy separately (do not get the kit for a 2, it won't fit). That caused problems for me as it was out of stock in Europe but I just checked ring.eu and it's back.

The 2nd generation is perfect for me, and even without the discount was half the price of the 3. I did get the chime even though I have multiple echo dots and it's great for hearing the bell no matter where I am in the house. If you don't have great WiFi the chime plus has a built in WiFi extender.

Thanks for this info, very handy

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭irbx

ted1 wrote: »

From experience with clothes horses and humidifiers. Best thing I ever got was getting "a GOOD Heat Pump Dryer" . It cut our ESB cost dramatically per month and has paid for its self over 2 years. The home is nicer to live in as well.

Depending on the type of clothes and how much uses 1 unit to 2 units to dry a load.

• Advertisement

ted1 wrote: »

Really not much good so, or were do u leave this ?

irbx wrote: »
    From experience with clothes horses and humidifiers. Best thing I ever got was getting "a GOOD Heat Pump Dryer" . It cut our ESB cost dramatically per month and has paid for its self over 2 years. The home is nicer to live in as well.

Depending on the type of clothes and how much uses 1 unit to 2 units to dry a load.

dont think i have the room ,what make u have ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Because Amazon screw you on the exchange rate. Your Irish bank will screw you if you pay in sterling. Get Revolut, add a virtual card and pay in sterling

Even a non Revolut card is better than Amszon to be fair, n26 just as good IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,646 ✭✭✭54and56

This time of year we have it on almost 24X7 and it averages less than 8kWh per day which I think works out about €1.

€1 a day for a heated air dryer is far better than heating a whole house unnecessarily just to distribute clothes around all three radiators!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,646 ✭✭✭54and56

Happy4 wrote: »
    thanks but just retried it and price is staying the same :-(

Sorry to hear that, maybe I got lucky?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

This time of year we have it on almost 24X7 and it averages less than 8kWh per day which I think works out about €1.

€1 a day for a heated air dryer is far better than heating a whole house unnecessarily just to distribute clothes around all three radiators!!

Do u have any issues with Mould Dampness ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Do u have any issues with Mould Dampness ?

I've had a dryer 5 years in a tiny room and have had no problems with it thus far.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

bassy wrote: »

It’s a 1kw unit, so uses 1 kWh in 60 minutes.
    It would cost 18c on the ESB standard rate or 9c on their night rate during those hours.

What provider are you with, and why is you standard unit rate?

• Advertisement

Gumbo wrote: »
    It’s a 1kw unit, so uses 1 kWh in 60 minutes.
    It would cost 18c on the ESB standard rate or 9c on their night rate during those hours.

What provider are you with, and why is you standard unit rate?

prepay power

prepay power

Unit rate?

Unit rate?

not sure tbh,how do i find that out.

prepay power

19.86c according to this

https://www.prepaypower.ie/our-services/pricing/rates

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

At this risk of this turning in to a hlw to dry your clothes post..

About 6 years ago we bought a dehumidifier from lidl that has a dry clothes option on it. Best purchase i have ever made and i actually mean that. Its very light on the electricity and sucks all water out of the clothes hence no mold issues. Easy takes 8 litres of water from 2 washes.

cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭irbx

dont think i have the room ,what make u have ?

This is one below I got its a bosch. I was tight on space as well but the washing machine was freestanding so got a stacking kit and put the dryer on top of the washing machines. They start at €20 but got this one as the Self handy for Basket when folding clothes.

https://www.espares.ie/product/es1431045?utm_source=google+shopping&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=google+shopping&gclid=CjwKCAiAv4n9BRA9EiwA30WND75ej_9Ce6UaqQBiEIQ1_CtRGi6JcEAG4Fh2PKc3Ik8jdHYvQIyq-RoCDOgQAvD_BwE

Dryer
    Serie | 8 heat pump tumble dryer 9 kg
    WTW87560GB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

irbx wrote: »
    This is one below I got its a bosch. I was tight on space as well but the washing machine was freestanding so got a stacking kit and put the dryer on top of the washing machines. They start at €20 but got this one as the Self handy for Basket when folding clothes.

https://www.espares.ie/product/es1431045?utm_source=google+shopping&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=google+shopping&gclid=CjwKCAiAv4n9BRA9EiwA30WND75ej_9Ce6UaqQBiEIQ1_CtRGi6JcEAG4Fh2PKc3Ik8jdHYvQIyq-RoCDOgQAvD_BwE

Dryer
    Serie | 8 heat pump tumble dryer 9 kg
    WTW87560GB

Do you need a stacking kit? 5 years I've had Bosch washing machine and dryer stacked on top of each other with no issue, no kit either

Do u have a cover on it, ? is it necessary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Early back Friday how to dry your clothes tips deals.

I like it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement