Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon.co.uk - early black Friday deals on now...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

breeno wrote: »
    Random one but has anybody had somebody from Amazon delivery call to their house with no package to confirm where you want packages left whem you're not home? He also wanted the take pictures of my house which I declined.

I asked for I'D and he had it but the whole thing felt weird. He knew my name and appeared to have an iPad delivery type device.

Writing it down now is making me doubt it even more

Sketchy!

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

breeno wrote: »
    Random one but has anybody had somebody from Amazon delivery call to their house with no package to confirm where you want packages left whem you're not home? He also wanted the take pictures of my house which I declined.

I asked for I'D and he had it but the whole thing felt weird. He knew my name and appeared to have an iPad delivery type device.

Writing it down now is making me doubt it even more

It seems this is legit!

There is another thread here (somewhere-possibly prime day thread) that mentions Amazon have been doing this for a number of weeks now - its part of setting up their own delivery service here which is good news as it might open up faster deliveries. Some mentioned that drivers were initially operating with NI unbranded vans. It also confirms they are surveying for drop locations too.

I have seen an NI van deliver an Amazon package to a neighbour in the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,315 ✭✭✭✭noodler

They do do deliveries themselves in Ireland now

Yup

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 noconnecton

folks just been of phone to Amazon Apparently rep was saying to me that you can not return items in a lightning Deal i told him about the Sales and Supply of Goods Act he then went checking again eventually came back and said it would be a once off

Both Teckin and TP Link smart plugs reduced at the moment.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=smart+plug&sprefix=smart&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-ap-p_2_5

any recommendations for the electric monitoring ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭drogon.

Canonfan wrote: »
    Started a week ago, I noticed all my Prime orders took longer to arrive, is this normal? I thought it's priority (2 day) delivery to Ireland.

Thanks all.

Yes. Multiple orders came via their own delivery service. All were NI registered white vans with no markings

• Registered Users Posts: 43,834 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I pre-ordered an album that was out today.. still hasn't despatched. Is indicated as "Priority" shipping with a Delivery Estimate of next Thursday. Very poor!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭fdevine

Definitely doing their own deliveries in addition to DPD doing some. I've had deliveries recently within 48 hours of orders being placed.

Also getting GPS trackable deliveries telling you how many drops they are away and showing an almost realtime position on a map.

Also delivering evenings & weekends, including Sundays up to 9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭fdevine

Basq wrote: »
    I pre-ordered an album that was out today.. still hasn't despatched. Is indicated as "Priority" shipping with a Delivery Estimate of next Thursday. Very poor!

You should be able to listen to the album on the AmazonMusic app while you're waiting

Last two CDs I bought from Amazon showed up in the app

fdevine wrote: »
    You should be able to listen to the album on the AmazonMusic app while you're waiting

Last two CDs I bought from Amazon showed up in the app
    Can listen on Spotify.. not really the point though.

Spent a half hour on CS across 3 seperate agents complaining. Ended up cancelling the item and wrote a very negative email also.

Order Confirmation indicated arriving today when I ordered.. and no indication it would be delayed until I checked this morning. CS who are normally very helpful were piss poor.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Can listen on Spotify.. not really the point though.

Spent a half hour on CS across 3 seperate agents complaining. Ended up cancelling the item and wrote a very negative email also.

Order Confirmation indicated arriving today when I ordered.. and no indication it would be delayed until I checked this morning. CS who are normally very helpful were piss poor.

I’ve had similar experience this week, three orders due for delivery on Wednesday, when it was clear they weren’t coming on Wednesday, I rang up CS and they informed me the three separate orders were now delayed and they would be delivered by Saturday. All three orders were placed last Thursday btw. The CS agent refunded £7.99 for one months prime as a good will. Then I get an update on all three items saying they would be delivered by today and if not, I am to ring up for a refund or replacement. Well one of the items turned up today but the other two still haven’t and last updates on tracking was last Monday, which was the same btw for the one which arrived today.

So I rang them again this evening and they offered me the refund on both today or asked if I wanted to wait one more day. I told them I’d wait one more day and they agreed to call me after lunch tomorrow. They gave me £10 Amazon credit on my account for the inconvenience. If they don’t arrive tomorrow I’ll have a slight issue as one of the items was discounted by 30% and I really want this item however the offer is finished on it now, so they’ve told me that only a refund can be issued on that as it wasn’t sold by Amazon. Best case for me is they refund me and the said items then turn up sometime next week.

I do agree that Amazon or gone cat lately. I had an Alexa go missing for over a week last week and was given another £10 for that, but the hassle on the phone takes the gloss of it if I’m honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

Is it a bargain alert for Black Friday or a bit€h and moan fest about what’s delayed, what’s lost, who from Amazon is at your door or what bloody smart plugs are the best...??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

It's topic-fluid. 2020 like, it doesn't have to identify as one thing.

ckeego wrote: »
    Is it a bargain alert for Black Friday or a bit€h and moan fest about what’s delayed, what’s lost, who from Amazon is at your door or what bloody smart plugs are the best...??!!
    Meh, this is inevitable from "bargain threads".

In my day, people posted a new topic for each bargain.. people in 2020 are lazy!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Meh, this is inevitable from "bargain threads".

In my day, people posted a new topic for each bargain.. people in 2020 are lazy!

The days when you used to be posting bargains was peak boards! Just not the same anymore!

godtabh wrote: »
    The days when you used to be posting bargains was peak boards! Just not the same anymore!
    Thanks lad. Rarely have the time anymore! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

ckeego wrote: »

Have you not realised yet, there are no bargains and we have to occupy ourselves somehow here, and I for one am looking for smart plugs, so I don't see the harm in asking for advise on what to get and which may be worth the price quoted.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

august12 wrote: »
    Have you not realised yet, there are no bargains and we have to occupy ourselves somehow here, and I for one am looking for smart plugs, so I don't see the harm in asking for advise on what to get and which may be worth the price quoted.

Personally I prefer to stick with tp link smart plugs and they are cheap right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

DM1983 wrote: »
    Teckin versus TP link anyone?

I think they all work fine. I got two TP Link because I already have one. Both TP Link and Teckin get very good reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,061 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I have four Teckin and they're great. Mine are square but the next ones I buy will be the round ones

• Advertisement

Personally I prefer to stick with tp link smart plugs and they are cheap right now.

Sheep i have one a tp link it just wont connect to wifi i tried everything :

Any comments on my post about the lighting deals and no refund ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

folks just been of phone to Amazon Apparently rep was saying to me that you can not return items in a lightning Deal i told him about the Sales and Supply of Goods Act he then went checking again eventually came back and said it would be a once off

Ask to speak to a supervisor online via the chat function.

Distance selling always means you have more protection than buying in a shop if you get a faulty item or indeed just change your mind (instore the retailer is under no obligation to refund) but if you buy online they are.

You may have to pay return postage but despite what one guy on the phone says....you have rights regardless of whether it is a lighting deal (I've returned lighting deal stuff before without issue in fact in one case they refunded me and it was a returnless refund).

Distance selling always means you have more protection than buying in a shop if you get a faulty item or indeed just change your mind (instore the retailer is under no obligation to refund) but if you buy online they are.

You may have to pay return postage but despite what one guy on the phone says....you have rights regardless of whether it is a lighting deal (I've returned lighting deal stuff before without issue in fact in one case they refunded me and it was a returnless refund).

i was under the impression that postage was free unlees u purchased through PW or PM were it gets messy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Two packages looks like they won't get here. Going to get refunded tomorrow. Unlikely to show up but what do I do if they do.....

Curious if Amazon are just becoming greedy because of Lockdown 2 / Covid in UK.. they're becoming more aware that options are more limited for consumers.

Certainly my experience with Amazon CS today was easily the worst I've experienced since I started shopping with them.. and jesus, I hate to say it, but almost Eir standard's of ignorance and incompetence.

And don't say I got a bad agent.. I had 3 agents in a 30 minute period.

And I've always praised their customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,548 ✭✭✭bassy

OmegaGene wrote: »
    This thread has got worse it’s like a gossip chat room lol
    I think we should have an amazon bargains no chat thread like Argos

oh yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee brotherrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Oh you mean the thread that's still 60% chat and mod warnings? G'luck! :D

Curious if Amazon are just becoming greedy because of Lockdown 2 / Covid in UK.. they're becoming more aware that options are more limited for consumers.

Certainly my experience with Amazon CS today was easily the worst I've experienced since I started shopping with them.. and jesus, I hate to say it, but almost Eir standard's of ignorance and incompetence.

And don't say I got a bad agent.. I had 3 agents in a 30 minute period.

And I've always praised their customer service.

No Basq there gone worse getting greedy , is there place in Rathcoole open yet cause i have to wait nearly 3 weeks for a item :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Firesticks at at the sale price now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

If only there was a thread for the most misleading thread of the year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement