Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon.co.uk - early black Friday deals on now...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

is amazon.co.uk free delivery to ireland on items over 20 pounds?,or do you need to be a prime member to get free shipping to ireland?.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,270 ✭✭✭✭ted1

casio4 wrote: »
    Why is that?

Exchange rates aren’t great. Use Revolut to pay in Gbp

279GBP = 310 euro.

Saving over 6 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

casio4 wrote: »
    Why is that?

Because Amazon screw you on the exchange rate. Your Irish bank will screw you if you pay in sterling. Get Revolut, add a virtual card and pay in sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭VG31

bassy wrote: »
    is amazon.co.uk free delivery to ireland on items over 20 pounds?,or do you need to be a prime member to get free shipping to ireland?.

Non-prime you have to spend £20 for free delivery. For Prime there's no minimum spend for free delivery.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

noodler wrote: »
    For a start, never pay in euros on the Amazon site.

(But that's a side point)
    august12 wrote: »
    Did you create the kid's wishlist as per post above.

I always use me revolut card.

For starters, Amazon apply their own currency exchange and the apply a fee to lock in that exchange and charge you in euro. Extra cost.

Your Irish credit card will charge their exchange rate plus a foreign commission fee. Extra cost.

Revolut will pay in Sterling at the interbank or whatever that’s called rate. So you get a better rate and no additional fees.

• Advertisement

VG31 wrote: »
    Non-prime you have to spend £20 for free delivery. For Prime there's no minimum spend for free delivery.

the won,t deliever to ireland when i put in my irish address.
    do i need parcelwizard or addresspal to get items sent to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,406 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Seems to be deals on Karcher Window Vacs at present. The wv6 has never been cheaper at £66.69 (sells for €119 here). See https://www.amazon.co.uk/K%C3%A4rcher-16332220-Window-Yellow-Black/dp/B082XTSF9G

Otherwise, the solid wv2 plus is available at £37.89.
    See https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B082XV82P9

the won,t deliever to ireland when i put in my irish address.
    do i need parcelwizard or addresspal to get items sent to me.

What you trying to buy?

Gumbo wrote: »
    What you trying to buy?

4k firestick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

4k firestick.

You need to use parcel Wizard/motel or address pal

• Advertisement

You need to use parcel Wizard/motel or address pal

thanks.

4k firestick.

Will not deliver to Ireland at all.
    Parcel motel or wizard is only option. Or pay the €55 as that’s the going rate on adverts brand new.

PM/W is the cheaper option.

Gumbo wrote: »
    Will not deliver to Ireland at all.
    Parcel motel or wizard is only option. Or pay the €55 as that’s the going rate on adverts brand new.

PM/W is the cheaper option.

im on addresspal so i will use them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 noconnecton

looking for electric dryer for clothes any deals ?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭sapphade

4k firestick.

Currently available to order in Argos https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7836648/Trail/searchtext%3EFIRESTICK.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Hey folks , I’m looking for a smart door bell with camera I can answer from my smart phone.

Do you know if any are going on sale on Black Friday ?

Can you recommend yours if you bought one in the past ?

Thank you

Ring doorbell 2nd generation was reduced from £89.99 to £58.99 on Prime Day so would expect a deal on BF. I bought mine just before Prime Day was announced so it was very annoying to see such a big reduction.

I do love it though, feel much safer and great for talking to people at the door when you can't get there.

sapphade wrote: »

thats not the 4k stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I just tried to also add a switch neon and 1 game and got "The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase." unfortunately.

You don't have to apply it, it's automatically applied so when you go to manually apply it it gives you that error message. Just go through the checkout process and check the final price has been discounted Vs the regular price.

looking for electric dryer for clothes any deals ?

No great discount currently available but I can vouch for how good this is https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07PL763M9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_XgHOFbEV9MAVK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭tonyfillony

niall5098 wrote: »
    Nice one ! Not sure what I'm doing wrong but the discount doesn't apply for me at all. Any ideas ?
    the offer no longer applies to consoles or games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

brightkane wrote: »
    I have it in the porch. Router is in the sitting room . Maybe 15 feet away and through a wall. If that helps at all

Thanks, Was just wondering if it would pick up to a garden shed about 10 metres away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

vicwatson wrote: »
    Thanks, Was just wondering if it would pick up to a garden shed about 10 metres away

There is a good chance it would. But if it didnt with amazon free returns you could try and and if it didnt work return it.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Happy4

the offer no longer applies to consoles or games

Raging I missed out on this :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Caranica wrote: »
    Ring doorbell 2nd generation was reduced from £89.99 to £58.99 on Prime Day so would expect a deal on BF. I bought mine just before Prime Day was announced so it was very annoying to see such a big reduction.

I do love it though, feel much safer and great for talking to people at the door when you can't get there.

Also looking for doorbell. Checked competitors to Ring and Ring seem best in that price range. Have set a reminder for Black Friday to check them- will get Video Doorbell (2nd Generation) and the Chime

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭niall5098

august12 wrote: »
    Did you create the kid's wishlist as per post above.

Yeh followed the steps. when i couldn't get the discount i contacted amazon support and they told me the code doesn't apply to games and consoles so stopped trying then but seems to work for others since

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Happy4

Yeah unfortunately Amazon now says in the terms and conditions:
    Not available on video games, consoles and accessories.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

dinneenp wrote: »
    Also looking for doorbell. Checked competitors to Ring and Ring seem best in that price range. Have set a reminder for Black Friday to check them- will get Video Doorbell (2nd Generation) and the Chime

If you want to save a few quid, and time - you don't need the chime if you have an amazon compatible smart speaker. That will chime for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭oinkely

brightkane wrote: »
    What advice did you receive?

I am on the fence...

basically taht it was worth it - bulb might be expensive to replace but at the price it will do the finest for kids movie nights on the green outside our house with the neighbourhood kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

What is the difference between ring 2nd and 3rd gen? Save me some research :)

• Advertisement

Happy4 wrote: »
    Raging I missed out on this :o

Worked for me yesterday.

Just set up the wish list, add the items to your basket and checkout. The 15% discount is applied automatically, check the final price at checkout Vs the regular price, don't be put off by the fact that manually entering the KWL15 discount code doesn't work, it only says that because it has already been automatically deducted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement