Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon.co.uk - early black Friday deals on now...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

That is different from the 6 series. They launched that one in the UK and have plans for the 6 series later this year over here too, but right now it is only in the US. Great TV.

Hisense would be similar. I just got the ULED 55" it's great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 noconnecton

any recommendations for a 32 inch Tv or slightly bigger for the Father likes his tv

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

What are peoples opinions on spending on Amazon this year?

Eish... Im a big, big Amazon spender and user. Love it. Very handy. Saved tons.

But im genuinely going to try avoid giving Bezos even more money this year. Try shop local all, people will really need it this year more than ever. And trying to avoid likes of UK brands here like Currys, Tescos, etc though to a lesser extent though of course theyre employing plenty of Irish too.

Sorry for being a pain in the butt in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭wildrover444

Got an email from parcel motel saying there prices are going up from 3.95 to 4.50 per delivery until the end of year. Not a massive amount I guess but still. Might try dpd.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 noconnecton

Got an email from parcel motel saying there prices are going up from 3.95 to 4.50 per delivery until the end of year. Not a massive amount I guess but still. Might try dpd.

Stay with Parcel Wizard ,

Far Superior in MO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭a clanger

any recommendations for a 32 inch Tv or slightly bigger for the Father likes his tv

Try richer sounds forum they price match and give a 5 year guarantee. Deliver to your door. Nothing to do with them just satisfied customer over 10+years

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Looking for <50 inch TV for father-in-law if anyone has any recommendations

Ta

Android 50” tv in Lidl for €399 next week.
    Smart, 4K etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

I accidentally smashed the screen on my office TV and bought this to repalce it last month:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B089NBJCSB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Nice picture, good sound, cheap as chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

There's a good deal on the Fire HD 8 Plus on the DE website and it says it can deliver to Ireland until the last step of checkout. Does anyone know of any way to get it delivered to here? https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/product/B0839NCWK8?pf_rd_r=AF5T3KQHMRNMS09DSYSW&pf_rd_p=f6634045-2cd8-4654-8338-b9246a89c6f1&th=1

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭pj12332

Same here. Can't order fire stick to Ireland. No idea why

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

Gumbo wrote: »
    Smart, 4K etc

what day is that out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Smart, 4K etc

Have they not cancelled all these deals at the moment?

Can someone explain to me how to get the fire tv stick delivered to Ireland? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

pj12332 wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me how to get the fire tv stick delivered to Ireland? Thanks

The Irish Argos has them for the same price so it'd be cheaper to get it there. Otherwise, use a service like AddressPal or DPD Parcel Wizard

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

jdon72 wrote: »
    The Irish Argos has them for the same price so it'd be cheaper to get it there. Otherwise, use a service like AddressPal or DPD Parcel Wizard

no 4k in argos

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Have they not cancelled all these deals at the moment?

not on lidl site

Clueless with this. Can anyone give me a bit more information on how to set up a parcel motel or similar please.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

There's a good deal on the Fire HD 8 Plus on the DE website and it says it can deliver to Ireland until the last step of checkout. Does anyone know of any way to get it delivered to here? https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/product/B0839NCWK8?pf_rd_r=AF5T3KQHMRNMS09DSYSW&pf_rd_p=f6634045-2cd8-4654-8338-b9246a89c6f1&th=1

I've seen this website mentioned before on Boards before:

www.mailboxde.com

It's similar to Parcel Motel/Parcel Wizard and the likes. I have no experiencing of using it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

• Registered Users Posts: 12,406 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Stay with Parcel Wizard ,

Far Superior in MO

I've used Parcel Wizard twice. Both times in the past 2 months. Both items mysteriously vanished once they got to Newtownabbey and were never seen again. Dpd couldn't have cared less. Claim off your insurance was their suggestion. Looked at Trust pilot and there are hundreds of similar posts suggesting negligence or theft by dpd. I'm not saying that they definitely took my items but I never received them and the sender didn't get them back. Beware.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

The Irish Argos is not 4K.
    Use parcel motel or DPD and buy from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B079QB9BD7/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_dlC_UdjOFbH0PAGKP?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

The Irish Argos is not 4K.
    Use parcel motel or DPD and buy from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B079QB9BD7/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_dlC_UdjOFbH0PAGKP?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

or addresspal.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭konline

I've used Parcel Wizard twice. Both times in the past 2 months. Both items mysteriously vanished once they got to Newtownabbey and were never seen again. Dpd couldn't have cared less. Claim off your insurance was their suggestion. Looked at Trust pilot and there are hundreds of similar posts suggesting negligence or theft by dpd. I'm not saying that they definitely took my items but I never received them and the sender didn't get them back. Beware.

I had a similar issue a month ago. Got a text message about the delivery, I tried to change the delivery address and then it vanished. Money from my account taken but never delivered. Replies to my emails is of no use...we couldn't locate the item and asked me to send the details...no one answers the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

pj12332 wrote: »
    Clueless with this. Can anyone give me a bit more information on how to set up a parcel motel or similar please.

https://parcelmotel.com/services/

Press the 'get started' tab and follow the instructions, you will get a virtual address in Antrim, your package will arrive here first from UK, then it will be sent to a parcel motel drop off box which you will have selected during set up process, these are generally located at service stations around the country, it will cost 4.50 for each drop off, if ordering a lot of items from Amazon, and they are delivered individually, you could rack up a lot of delivery charges but I think there is an option to group into one delivery and remember to set up your new address on the Amazon site as well, I have numerous address, home, work, parcel motel, dpd, parcel wizard etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

Am I wasting my time hoping for a deal on the Nintendo Switch?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭VG31

I've seen this website mentioned before on Boards before:

www.mailboxde.com

It's similar to Parcel Motel/Parcel Wizard and the likes. I have no experiencing of using it though.

I used it twice recently for the first time. They were very fast. I received an email within 30 minutes of the packages being delivered to them both times and they shipped them onwards the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,670 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

xpletiv wrote: »
    What are peoples opinions on spending on Amazon this year?

Eish... Im a big, big Amazon spender and user. Love it. Very handy. Saved tons.

But im genuinely going to try avoid giving Bezos even more money this year. Try shop local all, people will really need it this year more than ever. And trying to avoid likes of UK brands here like Currys, Tescos, etc though to a lesser extent though of course theyre employing plenty of Irish too.

Sorry for being a pain in the butt in the thread.

It's a nice sentiment, but the problem (aside from the generally noticeably higher prices here) is the range of stuff just isn't there - particularly when it comes to tech stuff.

Also, most of the time you can get it quicker from Amazon than you can from most Irish shops and the shipping will be cheaper too (if you have Prime or go via PM/PW)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,670 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I have used them numerous times without issues but a recent order somehow ended up set to deliver to my previous employer's address and I had a lot of problems trying to get it redirected due to the app and site being partly broken at the time.

I managed to finally get it redirected to a local shop but it never arrived and was then again set to go to the previous employer.

Customer service meant several long hold times, one who couldn't care less, and unfulfilled commitments until I finally got one who managed to sort it out. Took well over 2 hours on the phone though

I'd be wary of using them again tbh. Sure things can happen but their recent reviews suggest it's happening a lot these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

konline wrote: »
    I had a similar issue a month ago. Got a text message about the delivery, I tried to change the delivery address and then it vanished. Money from my account taken but never delivered. Replies to my emails is of no use...we couldn't locate the item and asked me to send the details...no one answers the phone.

In contrast. Ive never had an issue and get 2 or 3 deliveries a month from them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭niall5098

sugarman wrote: »
    Doubt you will get any better than the current deal of 15% off when you create a kids wish list.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&node=22081309031

Was posted over on the Nintendo forum a few days ago, theres a couple of decent games available in the offer too.
    Doesn't apply to the switch unfortunately:

offer only applies to select items sold by Amazon at the website amazon.co.uk. Not available on video games, consoles and accessories

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement