Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon.co.uk - early black Friday deals on now...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

bidiots wrote: »
    Do you need a stacking kit? 5 years I've had Bosch washing machine and dryer stacked on top of each other with no issue, no kit either

No, you don't need one but it's a safety thing more than anything. Dryers aren't heavy, but would still mess up a 5 year old if it toppled off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

GrumPy wrote: »
    No, you don't need one but it's a safety thing more than anything. Dryers aren't heavy, but would still mess up a 5 year old if it toppled off.

Whoops :eek:

My youngest is 4 and a half so we've almost made it the whole way without the stacking kit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,646 ✭✭✭54and56

Do u have any issues with Mould Dampness ?

None, why do you ask?

Here is it's actual energy usage taken from a smart WiFi plug I use to control it. I pay €0.1699 per kWh so for the last month the dryer has cost me €37 or so and as I said previously, with a family of 2 adults and 2 teenagers it's every single day!!

Xc0xbMu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Monokne wrote: »
    Whoops :eek:

My youngest is 4 and a half so we've almost made it the whole way without the stacking kit :D

Wait another 7 months, and if it falls on-top of him then, he *should* be fine? ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 noconnecton

54and56 wrote: »
    None, why do you ask?

Here is it's actual energy usage taken from a smart WiFi plug I use to control it. I pay €0.1699 per kWh so for the last month the dryer has cost me €37 or so and as I said previously, with a family of 2 adults and 2 teenagers it's every single day!!

Xc0xbMu.jpg

Thansk for that infor 54 and 56, no somebody mentioned here that mould could be an issue,

do you use a cover over it some people say it s helpful some dont,?

what is the smart wifi plug that gives you that information Awesome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

are we not talking about light bulbs anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭mjp

Time for admin to bring this thread back on track. Its a black friday deals thread and not for discussing the energy efficiency of dryers.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,802 ✭✭✭✭Basq

mjp wrote: »
    Time for admin to bring this thread back on track. Its a black friday deals thread and not for discussing the energy efficiency of dryers.
    Agreed...

.. so what are others using their smart plugs for? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,991 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

mjp wrote: »

Smart thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭sharpish

Wait another 7 months, and if it falls on-top of him then, he *should* be fine? ;)

I have bosch stacking kit going spare, you can have it for nothing if it's of any use. I've it up on adverts about to mark it a free item in a few days.

• Advertisement

Any deals on Apple Watch?

There is brilliant deal on HotUkDeals for series 6, 44mm but when I post to address pal and put in the code PRICE8 to get 15% off it won’t work for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

If anyone comes across a deal on a decent WiFi mesh system while you're all busy checking out the tumble driers I'd love a heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 23,323 ✭✭✭✭ted1

54and56 wrote: »
    None, why do you ask?
    ]

Where do you think the water from the clothes go? Straight in to the air, increasing the humidity which causes mould be damp.

A regular tumble dryer would use less power snd is either vented or condenses and collects the water

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 noconnecton

ted1 wrote: »
    It says 300w so about 6cent and hour

But if used inside will lead to a moisture / mould issue

were else could u use it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭damo80

Basq wrote: »
    Agreed...

.. so what are others using their smart plugs for? :pac:

plugging in stacked tumble dryers!

were else could u use it ?

I wouldn’t use it. Simple fact is drying clothes inside isn’t recommended

https://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/living/2017/0105/842842-the-dangers-of-drying-clothes-indoors/

Kids are resilient!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭jelutong

fire tv stick 4K £29.99 on Amazon .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

ted1 wrote: »
    I wouldn’t use it. Simple fact is drying clothes inside isn’t recommended

https://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/living/2017/0105/842842-the-dangers-of-drying-clothes-indoors/

Yeah, always better drying your clothes outside in the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

jelutong wrote: »

been that price for the last few days on amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

jelutong wrote: »

Not being smart and genuine question, what is the point of one of these if you have a smart tv and prime, Netflix etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

Nyum Nyum wrote: »

https://youtu.be/ZC8zVSQDH28

• Registered Users Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Not being smart and genuine question, what is the point of one of these if you have a smart tv and prime, Netflix etc?

Brilliant for IPTV and other side loaded apps. Best piece of cheap kit you can buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Any chance this f**kin clothes drying humidifying mouldy wall energy consumption bollocks discussion can be nipped in the bud and we can go back to punting and discussing useless cheap gimmicky tat that we all want but don’t need?

Or a dryer that vents externally or a condenser ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Seriously move the clothes horse chat for the love of god.

Your notifying us all with your chit chat when all we want is cash savings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Any chance this f**kin clothes drying humidifying mouldy wall energy consumption bollocks discussion can be nipped in the bud and we can go back to punting and discussing useless cheap gimmicky tat that we all want but don’t need?

Ya..Fed up clicking in here to read about clothes dryers. Move it on

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,566 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Brilliant for IPTV and other side loaded apps. Best piece of cheap kit you can buy.

You can also side load cctv apps that effectively mean your home cctv can be displayed on your tv in real time without running cables etc

Hik-Vision for example.

Masala wrote: »
    Ya..Fed up clicking in here to read about clothes dryers. Move it on

I still pine for the timer plug chat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

There are obviously not many bargains/deals on Amazon, going by the last few pages on this thread, am also interested in some smart plugs, any suggestions, I have a non smart home at the moment, I physically have to get off the chair to switch on/off lights etc. I bought the echo dot during prime day but that won't be here till December,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement