Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon.co.uk - early black Friday deals on now...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Yeah we use parcel wizard about 4 times a month since it came out and never had one problem (only courier that won't ring me and ask me to pick it up from the local village 5 miles down the road :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,751 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Looking for <50 inch TV for father-in-law if anyone has any recommendations

Ta

I got this 50" LG Smart TV for a family member last week for €439- cracking tv for the price and a 'brand'. Not generally too concerned about brands, but they do get software releases to cure issues a bit more often.

Importantly for some, the LG (and Samsungs) have FREESAT rather than free to air. For your father in law this might be important as the channel guide and channel order is a lot more straightforward. A straightforward enough button push changes between Saorview and Freesat.

https://powercity.ie/product/50UN7000

There are a couple of variants too in Currys for another €50 I think that have a 'magic remote' for voice control etc, but this was not of interest in my family members case, but if it is you will find those models in Harveys, Currys etc. (All begin with 50UN - UN is for 2020 tv's, so if you see UM it is 2019).

You can of course spend another couple of hundred easy (including for LG 50"), but you are looking at features/qualities that your father in law is unlikely to notice!

Ta

Toshiba 49UL5A63DB £289.99

• Registered Users Posts: 27 speelunker22

Still scouring the daily deals for anything interesting. Slim pickings

Tempted to get this cocktail shaker set.

Cocktail Making Set, Cocktail Shaker Set 750ml Stainless Steel Bar Tool Set Bartender Kit with Wooden Display Stand by AYAOQIANG

Can't invite anybody around of course it will just be me in my PJs doing mixology for myself at 3 in the afternoon! :pac:

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Cocktail Making Set, Cocktail Shaker Set 750ml Stainless Steel Bar Tool Set Bartender Kit with Wooden Display Stand by AYAOQIANG

Can't invite anybody around of course it will just be me in my PJs doing mixology for myself at 3 in the afternoon! :pac:

I bought a similar set over the summer, they're good fun. We watch a few YouTube videos and go from there. Some drinks turn out great, others not so much. Great price for the set. The set I got was about €20 but only had half the stuff your one does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭cullenswood

niall5098 wrote: »
    Doesn't apply to the switch unfortunately:

offer only applies to select items sold by Amazon at the website amazon.co.uk. Not available on video games, consoles and accessories

Maybe they changed the conditions of the offer so, or sold too many Switches, because I got one on that offer. Couldn't see any offers anywhere else apart from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I bought a similar set over the summer, they're good fun. We watch a few YouTube videos and go from there. Some drinks turn out great, others not so much. Great price for the set. The set I got was about €20 but only had half the stuff your one does.
    I have this which is good fun for that.. but rarely use it! :(

(oh, ignore the selling price from some crazy Marketplace seller.. got it for about €40).

Use it with the app and it’ll indicate measurements - if you overpower, it’ll adjust additional measurement to make up for it.

To be honest - I only really have three cocktails at home - Espresso Martini, Mojito and Old Fashioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭freebee23

Ta

We got our LG TV from Richer Sounds in Belfast last year during the Black Friday sale with a further £50 off. They have a very nice LG TV 55 inch for €549 with free delivery and a 6 year warranty.
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-204996-lg-55un70006la-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx

Apologies, don't know how to rename link.

Regards,
    freebee23

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

You could meet In the local cemetery and have a drink

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Basq wrote: »
    I have this which is good fun for that.. but rarely use it! :(

(oh, ignore the selling price from some crazy Marketplace seller.. got it for about €40).

Use it with the app and it’ll indicate measurements - if you overpower, it’ll adjust additional measurement to make up for it.

To be honest - I only really have three cocktails at home - Espresso Martini, Mojito and Old Fashioned.

Now that's some set! I break my set out maybe once a month It's a bit of harmless fun for not a whole lot of money. €20 - €50 price range would suit most people's home needs.

I do like an Old Fashioned, I watched Mad Men over the Summer and got a bit of a taste for them. I love making whiskey/amaretto sours too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I bought this exact set myself. I mainly use the measurement in it, to make sure Im not becomming an unaware alcoholic!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I'm already getting anxiety about that shaker :D If you can find a good boston shaker and get the knack of separating them they are so much easier to use. The wooden frame alone is probably worth the few quid though and you can always upgrade the bits that go into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭tonyfillony

sugarman wrote: »
    Worked a few days ago for plenty of people on the Nintendo forum and HUKD.

When you create a list, there are select video games and consoles in their select items. A switch was one of them, as was a handful of decent titles.

Try it.
    Not working anymore , got onto support about it , looks like the change the terms and conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Deal of the day: ELEPHAS Projector, GC333 Portable Projector with 4500 Lumens and Full HD 1080p, 180” Display and 50000 Hours Lamp Life LED Video Projector, Compatible with USB/HD/Sd/Av/VGA for Home Theater, White https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07N39NDDB/ref=cm_sw_r_u_apa_i_dlT_JExOFbZXDS8FH

Prime deal projector. 47.50 sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭oinkely

brightkane wrote: »
    Deal of the day: ELEPHAS Projector, GC333 Portable Projector with 4500 Lumens and Full HD 1080p, 180” Display and 50000 Hours Lamp Life LED Video Projector, Compatible with USB/HD/Sd/Av/VGA for Home Theater, White https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07N39NDDB/ref=cm_sw_r_u_apa_i_dlT_JExOFbZXDS8FH

Prime deal projector. 47.50 sterling

took a punt on this after getting some advice from more knowledgeable friends - that's my chrimbo pressie from my wife sorted ;-)

oinkely wrote: »
    took a punt on this after getting some advice from more knowledgeable friends - that's my chrimbo pressie from my wife sorted ;-)

What advice did you receive?

I am on the fence...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

oinkely wrote: »

Ain't she the lucky woman?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

Hey folks , I’m looking for a smart door bell with camera I can answer from my smart phone.

Do you know if any are going on sale on Black Friday ?

Can you recommend yours if you bought one in the past ?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

also looking for a small wireless camera that i can view on my mobile phone,night vision and sensor movement where you get a notification to your phone when camera senses movement,any idea folks and cheap?.

bassy wrote: »
    also looking for a small wireless camera that i can view on my mobile phone,night vision and sensor movement where you get a notification to your phone when camera senses movement,any idea folks and cheap?.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DJCZQ74/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_dlT_hLBOFb19115WH?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I have a few of these and find them great. Phone app. Pc app. Set the zone for alerts. Records to sd card ect. Night vision (I turned mine off as it was better without the Infrared LEDs)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DJCZQ74/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_dlT_hLBOFb19115WH?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I have a few of these and find them great. Phone app. Pc app. Set the zone for alerts. Records to sd card ect. Night vision (I turned mine off as it was better without the Infrared LEDs)

thanks but im looking for a very small one and also a wireless camera with inbuilt battery you charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

And idea on how far this works from a WiFi router? Tia

I have it in the porch. Router is in the sitting room . Maybe 15 feet away and through a wall. If that helps at all

• Registered Users Posts: 23,270 ✭✭✭✭ted1

bassy wrote: »

Deal of the day: YI Outdoor Camera 1080p Home Security Surveillance IP Camera Wifi CCTV Bullet Camera Waterproof with Night Vision Two-way Audio Motion Detection – Remote Monitor APP & Cloud Storage Available https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0794TN8J5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_dlT_WfCOFbQJE1XFN

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

Doesn't apply to the switch unfortunately:

offer only applies to select items sold by Amazon at the website amazon.co.uk. Not available on video games, consoles and accessories

Just ordered a Switch Neon console and two games by creating a wish list from the link Sugarman kindly linked to and the KWL15 15% discount was automatically added at checkout e.g the console price was reduced from £279 to £232.50 which is actually a 16.5% discount with free delivery to Dublin estimated for Friday.

Saved £60 or circa €66 overall which isn't too be sneezed at!!

Thanks Sugarman, appreciate the tip.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

54and56 wrote: »
    Just ordered a Switch Neon console and two games by creating a wish list from the link Sugarman kindly linked to and the KWL15 15% discount was automatically added at checkout e.g the console price was reduced from £279 to £232.50 which is actually a 16.5% discount with free delivery to Dublin estimated for Friday.

I just tried to also add a switch neon and 1 game and got "The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase." unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭niall5098

54and56 wrote: »

Nice one ! Not sure what I'm doing wrong but the discount doesn't apply for me at all. Any ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,219 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Nice one ! Not sure what I'm doing wrong but the discount doesn't apply for me at all. Any ideas ?

For a start, never pay in euros on the Amazon site.

(But that's a side point)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

noodler wrote: »
    For a start, never pay in euros on the Amazon site.

(But that's a side point)

Why is that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Did you create the kid's wishlist as per post above.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement