Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

banie01 wrote: »
    Speaking of coffees...
    I hope that one was as good as it looks?

I'm not sure we can speak of coffees, yes it was good, the alcohol in it came as a surprise.
    Back on topic, I must have checked the crown on the doxa three or four times before diving with it.My citizen jv-0000 is crown less.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

I received this watch as a gift today. I tried to find information on this exact one but could not find much info on it. It's heavy, with the Irish 1928 penny coin on it. It looks like it was never used as it came in all of its original boxes. The Éire penny watch.

Watch-3.jpgWatch-2.jpg

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

• Registered Users Posts: 33,148 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Wibbs wrote: »
    So long as it's not wrapped around manparts ..

That's a photo we don't want to see, please!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

NIMAN wrote: »

Especially if it's on an expandable bracelet :D - catching hairs is bad enough…

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭RMDrive

NIMAN wrote: »

"It wears bigger than it looks, I swear".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,545 ✭✭✭✭banie01

RMDrive wrote: »
    "It wears bigger than it looks, I swear".

The steel strap is colder than I thought ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭scwazrh

It’s not small it’s just my Panerai is really big

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Cassius99

I received this watch as a gift today. I tried to find information on this exact one but could not find much info on it. It's heavy, with the Irish 1928 penny coin on it. It looks like it was never used as it came in all of its original boxes. The Éire penny watch.

I have a vague recollection, and maybe I'm completely wrong, but I seem to remember these being sold via ads in newspapers and magazines a few years back?

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

I received this watch as a gift today. I tried to find information on this exact one but could not find much info on it. It's heavy, with the Irish 1928 penny coin on it. It looks like it was never used as it came in all of its original boxes. The Éire penny watch

As someone who collects both old Irish coins and watches, that's pretty cool! Another great example of two different hobbies comming together:D

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Calculator123

As someone who collects both old Irish coins and watches, that's pretty cool! Another great example of two different hobbies comming together:D

Ditto. Fellow numismatist.

The above example and others advertised here. https://www.irishpennywatch.com/product/pennywatch_demo/
    Nice trinket although unlikely to set the horological world alight 😀 probably aimed at the Carroll's Irish Gifts market. Looks well and a nice conversation piece none the less. Gift box is very attractive.

• Advertisement

I've found myself watching lots and lots of watchmaking posts on insta lately.
    This lad in particular always posts some lovely shots of intricate work.
    https://www.instagram.com/reel/CQ05U37qvyF/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Fitz II

banie01 wrote: »
    I've found myself watching lots and lots of watchmaking posts on insta lately.
    This lad in particular always posts some lovely shots of intricate work.
    https://www.instagram.com/reel/CQ05U37qvyF/?utm_medium=copy_link

Sort of hypnotic that stuff, could watch for hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

Ditto. Fellow numismatist.

The above example and others advertised here. https://www.irishpennywatch.com/product/pennywatch_demo/
    Nice trinket although unlikely to set the horological world alight �� probably aimed at the Carroll's Irish Gifts market. Looks well and a nice conversation piece none the less. Gift box is very attractive.

This is the box for the penny watch. It say's ARBRO Limited

Eire-Penny-Watch.jpg

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Wearing my custom vostok that I made for my YouTube channel again today.

I find it's getting far more wrist time than my Seiko mod that's a bit similar so I think I'll change the dial in the seiko

• Registered Users Posts: 8,797 ✭✭✭893bet

I had a long day after a long tough week.

Still. I walk with the young lad between the showers is a good tonic.

D94-D7-FB2-001-C-4-CA0-A779-82995-CF4-BD37.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

557595.jpg

BFK needed some wrist time today. Best ad for a ceramic bezel that I could come up with.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,860 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Excuse my ignorance, but does the ceramic/saphire options for the king version mean those parts could be acquired as replacements for ordinary Samurai and turtles?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

cnocbui wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance, but does the ceramic/saphire options for the king version mean those parts could be acquired as replacements for ordinary Samurai and turtles?

Have a look here https://seikoboy.com/

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭micks_address

Another day and another erikas strap on the seiko. Think I’m happy with this colour combo

66-C6-FDF6-18-F0-4561-B0-BC-60-BA9-E2-A6-F89.jpg
    DF4-BBE4-C-B6-F5-4866-A17-F-B8205146-C659.jpg
    4-B0-D7088-30-D6-4678-9-C96-0-B77-CE8-DF668.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Is it just me but are there a lot of freckled red heads on this site?

• Advertisement

Is it just me but are there a lot of freckled red heads on this site?

As a freckled non-redhead...
    Arra sure it's Ireland ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 64,983 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Tanned, no freckles. What's going on here? :eek: :p

557669.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

unkel wrote: »
    Tanned, no freckles. What's going on here? :eek: :p

Feckless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

New daily. Tag Formula1 Chronograph. Bought at the weekend in Pride and Pinion in Belfast. Usually not a huge fan of Tag, but the colour scheme really grabs the eye. Very comfortable to wear.

Watch-Resized.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Late 20th Century classic.

557723.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

Blue moon cocktail time packaged up and ready to be dropped to the post office - the last of 3 watches that I sold to make way for something new.

4GiwddMl.jpeg
    Seiko Blumo on the wrist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Pulled the Seiko out of the watch box today.

IMG-20210706-100910-edit-155097673669562.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Fitz II

On my staycation this week and off for a massive hike. A bit long for the kids in hindsight but they did well, I am shattered myself and got a little too much sun. The Duro seemed the correct watch

PXL-20210706-102703926.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,233 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

hitemfrank wrote: »
    Pulled the Seiko out of the watch box today.

]

Normally don't like square dials but that is very cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭dakar

Ooh shiny! The site, and the Milanese strap on my Starlight. It’s changed my relationship with the watch, feels much slimmer and more refined.

Advertisement