Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,585 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Just arrived back to me, and thanks to @Cyrus of this parish ;)
    Adorned in a lovely new AP bands Flieger strap.

Not gonna lie tho, forgot how chunky this watch is, even if the tapered lugs do make it wear a tad smaller.
    MVIMG-20210625-145858.jpg
    MVIMG-20210625-150506.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,891 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

banie01 wrote: »
    Just arrived back to me, and thanks to @Cyrus of this parish ;)
    Adorned in a lovely new AP bands Flieger strap.

Not gonna lie tho, forgot how chunky this watch is, even if the tapered lugs do make it wear a tad smaller.

looks good banie, that strap probably needs to break in a little as well which might be adding to the chunky feeling :)

Cyrus wrote: »
    looks good banie, that strap probably needs to break in a little as well which might be adding to the chunky feeling :)

It definitely does need a little wearing in.
    It will take a little breaking in but I'm really looking forward to seeing how it softens and how it colours with a little age ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭redlead

That strap looks fantastic. Really suits the watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 crubbeens

PXL-20210626-130700097.jpg

Squale homage from steeldive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

PAirBsll.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭scwazrh

I really regret selling that watch.If you ever decide to move it on let me know..

scwazrh wrote: »
    If you ever decide to move it on let me know..

For sure. I have been having a think about how to move my collection up to the next level, but no decisions made on moving this one on. If I do you will be the first to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Ending a great week off by cycling to the beginning of the Royal Canal at Spencer Dock, hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful weather! :)

GzcYJM7.jpg

xD6uqAs.jpg

Spotted this very cool looking bicycle on my travels :cool:

Zn90s5b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Went for a nice cycle earlier too. Lovely afternoon/evening here in Dublin. Sitting out the back now soaking up the last of the sun.
    8-BD12269-D4-BB-4-D5-A-B358-580123-A02660.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Seiko Sunday and a bit of high pruning for the Sitka Spruce trees.

556993.jpg

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,218 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

My 2nd Traser

[IMG][/img]51274826683_1d211eefe7_c.jpgTraser

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Ryath

NIMAN wrote: »
    My 2nd Traser

That's the S or M version? Nearly ordered the M at a good price last week but was considering a Citizen Promaster Eco drive either or spending a bit more on for another Seiko Prospex and ended up ordering nothing! Good deals on the S version seem more common but think I'd find it a little small at 37mm vs 42mm

It's the S version.

Still wears bigger than it's size I think, due to the shape of the watch and lack of actual lugs.
    Similar to the Boldr shape.

The casing in my P59 Type 3 appears smaller on the wrist, despite being the same size. Might be due to it being black?

Not sure at present if I'll hold on to this or flip it..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,244 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I thought my sub would be a keeper, but I wanted something just a little bigger. The Deep Sea Dweller is just a little too big (tall), so after lots of deliberation I went with a 43mm Sea Dweller.

51278945818_503b6f342a_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Stunner Eoin.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Just arrived,

Seiko SRPE37 King Samurai, sapphire crystal and ceramic bezel come standard.

tNmZoPa.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Last two are lovely. What, I ask showing ignorance, is the diff between a King Samurai and a lowly knave Samurai like my own (apart from price!)?

Edit: Hang on, it’s the sapphire crystal and ceramic bezel which you stated in your post, isn’t it?

Edit: Hang on, it’s the sapphire crystal and ceramic bezel which you stated in your post, isn’t it?

Correct, it's something Seiko has done in the past year by making extra editions of the Turtle and Samurai. Customers wanted sapphire crystals and ceramic bezels as standard, nice to see them listen.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

HDMI wrote: »
    Correct, it's something Seiko has done in the past year by making extra editions of the Turtle and Samurai. Customers wanted sapphire crystals and ceramic bezels as standard, nice to see them listen.

Don't forget they upped the retail price considerably too. But I think it was worth it, my king turtle is standing up well to hardship after a year on the farm. Love the waffle dial R.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement

st7gv7kl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Pablo_Flox wrote: »

Whats the Knight Thingy?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

It was a birthday present. It sits on top of your bottle of wine, whiskey, or whatever your having yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Have this a while, Seiko Dawn Grey.

Lovely watch, very comfortable

ypr5Krum.jpg

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

blue5000 wrote: »
    Don't forget they upped the retail price considerably too. But I think it was worth it, my king turtle is standing up well to hardship after a year on the farm. Love the waffle dial R.

Agree the waffle dial is pretty cool. The price was actually quite good, $360 from a store on eBay. Their asking was 390 and I made an offer which they accepted. They own a bricks and mortar store in Texas so I get a 3 year Seiko warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

The doxas day today.
    "Are you for Scuba?" followed soon after by a barraquito coffee.
    557231.jpg

557232.jpg

Always wonder do any of get funny looks when you take off your watch in public, wrap it around things and then take a photo of it?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Always wonder do any of get funny looks when you take off your watch in public, wrap it around things and then take a photo of it?
    So long as it's not wrapped around manparts we're safe. :D

Stuck in traffic earlier. Again.

557239.jpg

Ideal watch for sweaty weather. Noticed as I crept along aircon is starting to blow not so cold. Needs a gassing. Still not bad that it's still going 23 years on. 90's Japanese jalopies. Perpetual motion machines.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

It's become kinda de rigueur here lately, watch with interesting background. I avoided the cliched ,watch on a diving regulator. There was some off topic discussion on coffees recently.

• Advertisement

njburke wrote: »
    It's become kinda de rigueur here lately, watch with interesting background. I avoided the cliched ,watch on a diving regulator. There was some off topic discussion on coffees recently.

Speaking of coffees...
    I hope that one was as good as it looks?

Advertisement