Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Moved the coffee talk to the Off Topic thread.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Wibbs wrote: »
    Moved the coffee talk to the Off Topic thread.

Off topic? There's a chap on YT who makes a living from the close association of watches & coffee. Adrian the BJ guy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Adrian the BJ guy.
    I have questions that probably don't bear the weight of answers... :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Boarding the train for a trip to Waterford :)

oo3sI3P.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Love the watch but the loose end on the strap would drive me mad haha. Do you not tuck it back in?

• Advertisement

Earlier. Stuck at temporary tarffic lights beyond the Pale.

556499.jpg

They took feckin' ages to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

My Honda has a white dial. ;)

Omega Seamaster diver 300m from 1998, the low maintenance original quartz version.

556503.JPG

Collected from my local pawnshop (Brereton Capel St.) today. :)

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    Love the watch but the loose end on the strap would drive me mad haha. Do you not tuck it back in?

Honestly never really took much notice! :)

as01Gul.jpg

Also a little spoiler from my trip so far, more to come! ;)

OqDdnYm.jpeg

WoEetAp.jpg

Z2EKeVk.jpg

Also a little spoiler from my trip so far, more to come! ;)

Looks good. Interesting use of a disused church. The high ceilings with a mezzanine to create more usable space seems to work for a museum. Must go down myself sometime to have a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Ian OB

Honestly never really took much notice! :)

snip

Don't those belong to Wibbs?

Nah, mine have the proper hands and the correct straps... :p The straps remind me that back in the day the only straps I could get for mine were ladies watch straps. They do have the correct crowns though, which are often missing. Pity they couldn't source better examples. Interesting that both are full hunter style(pop up solid cover for protection) watches. That design was only popular for a short time until "unbreakable" crystals came in and would be the rarer of the Trench watches.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

Omega Seamaster diver 300m from 1998, the low maintenance original quartz version.

2 Omegas added to your collection within 3 months... The San Martin will be doing well to see any wrist time for while!

Pablo_Flox wrote: »
    2 Omegas added to your collection within 3 months... The San Martin will be doing well to see any wrist time for while!

Yes and a few others also.

556555.JPG

556556.JPG

Edit: BTW I should compliment Breretons of Capel St. for their excellent service and competitive price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi cycling do you mind me asking price paid? I sold mine for 1400 last summer to a forum regular

Hi cycling do you mind me asking price paid? I sold mine for 1400 last summer to a forum regular

I will send you a PM.

Z29PlYol.jpg

On the train back home after a great trip to Waterford. Really enjoyed my visit to the Irish Museum of Time, thanks to Cyclingtourist for posting it on the forum.

Great to see so many other people with the same interest and grateful to be able to travel again.

Picture taken yesterday evening during a lovely sunset

IMG-20210621-212345.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Grey old day.

IMG-20210623-083604.jpg

Delighted to get this back on my wrist. Since I got it there was something up with the bracelet fitting the watch itself and I was worried the case was damaged or something but jewellers were all closed so I couldn't get it assessed. It went to the back of the cupboard and the back of my mind.

Anyway, turned out whoever had it before fitted springbars that were too short so now it's tight as a Steely Dan arrangement . :)

Is that the titanium version?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

yxs133sh.jpg

x6Wpr6Bh.jpg

Taking some pseudo-studio shots (hence date and time is "studio setting") of the Starlight that's on the wrist today.

Pablo_Flox wrote: »
    Is that the titanium version?

Yeah. That's the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭kop-end

One of my personal favourites, Bambino 2

556648.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Cassius99

A recent addition to the collection, a Seiko SRPE43J1. The dial is a real eye catcher, the pictures dont do it any justice

4V5eUs2.jpg
    GvnguJX.jpg

Now I just need an excuse after the reopening to wear it!

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

I was out for a few pints with colleagues the other night and one of them mentioned his Longines with a smashed crystal. Longines wanted €1,000 to repair it. I said I would ask some gurus (you guys) if there was another way to get it repaired.

Any thoughts on whether there is somebody closer to home who might be able to fit a new crystal?

62ewwp7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

A generic sapphire crystal should cost around 20ish euro + labour and new seals I'd say it will come to heck of a lot less than 1k. Any good watchmaker would be able to replace it with a generic sapphire. Depends on if it was AR coated and if you want AR coating which may raise the price a bit (but as in from 35 euro to maybe 70-90 euro for more fancy German made sapphire crystals) - see counsins.co.uk for crystal prices:
    https://www.cousinsuk.com/category/sapphire-watch-glasses

Had a lovely summer evening walk tonight!

iYVELMKl.jpg

Continuing on with the week off activities, after cycling to Kilcock the other week, decided to go a little further down the Greenway to Enfield

d7Fe20W.jpg

Got lucky with the weather, only started raining heavy closer to home on the way back.

Fantastic cycle along the canal, a mixture of different surfaces, great scenery

qgxbv2A.jpg

k0idRpp.jpg

Planning on Mullingar for the next trip

By42DJ5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

Thank you, that's great. I had thought it shouldn't be too much of a job, but wasn't sure. I'll pass that on to him.
    Thirdfox wrote: »
    A generic sapphire crystal should cost around 20ish euro + labour and new seals I'd say it will come to heck of a lot less than 1k. Any good watchmaker would be able to replace it with a generic sapphire. Depends on if it was AR coated and if you want AR coating which may raise the price a bit (but as in from 35 euro to maybe 70-90 euro for more fancy German made sapphire crystals) - see counsins.co.uk for crystal prices:
    https://www.cousinsuk.com/category/sapphire-watch-glasses

• Advertisement

Plastic bag saddle, Spar-bought water bottle... :D

Old-school 1980's cycling shtyle! I'm just disappointed you don't have the Kellogs spoke reflectors. :D

Advertisement