Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fav Alcohol Free Beer?

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Paddigol

BeerNut wrote: »
    It's an Aldi own brand.

Sort of. They're a multinational animal feed company which bought a couple of breweries and distilleries for the laugh.

:pac: thanks for the clarification!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,998 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

OH loves the Mikkeller Drinkin in the Sun, her go-to non alcoholic beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,901 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

The Brown Bear 0.5% Lager is the bomb, and only 1.25 for 500ml. Aldi ones are by far my favourite, the Rossini one and Roadworks are very good too, and the fact that they're half the price of the crafty ones.

I read today that Guinness 0.0 will be in pubs next month (in cans I think), and available in supermarkets in August. Looking forward to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

I read today that Guinness 0.0 will be in pubs next month (in cans I think), and available in supermarkets in August. Looking forward to that.

Draught in pubs I believe.

Can't wait. Would love to go out for a few pints and drive home without a worry.

Hopefully it's as good as they claim

• Registered Users Posts: 13,901 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Darc19 wrote: »

No I think it's some weird setup where they put a can of 0.0 into some device
    Guinness 0.0 will be coming to Irish pubs from mid July and then to shops and off licences from the end of August.

It's all happening thanks to a new filtration system called the "Guinness MicroDraught" which involves adding a can of Guinness 0.0 to the unit and pouring that perfect pint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,414 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I'm in.

Definitely give it a go if driving is on the agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,354 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Darc19 wrote: »

Can't wait. Would love to go out for a few pints and drive home without a worry.

Hopefully it's as good as they claim

I’m the same. Curious about trying it and seeing if they can back up their fairly impressive claims.

Wasn’t there some issue back last November regarding contamination of cans on the UK market

Don’t think it ever launched here last year following that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,293 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Seems to be some updated version of the surgers. Only with added two part pour :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,616 ✭✭✭squonk

I like the Steigl af weissbier. It’s pretty decent for alcohol free. Easy drink8ngnand you’d nit notice it being alcohol free too much.

Reminds me of Schneider Weiss non alcoholic I had years ago. It was excellent at the time. Haven’t seen it since.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I’m the same. Curious about trying it and seeing if they can back up their fairly impressive claims.

It sounds good to me and I will definitely give it a go, I often spent nights out on sparkling water as I was driving so this will be a nice change post pandemic. I love sparkling water but the feel of a pint in my hand makes a night.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Got some Carlsberg 0.0 as I've got two day-long Zooms to do. and my local shop had very little 0.0 and no 0.5 (would have been my preferred option) stuff in

It tastes... odd. Not unpleasant, still drinkable but definitely not just like beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭donaghs

L1011 wrote: »
    Got some Carlsberg 0.0 as I've got two day-long Zooms to do. and my local shop had very little 0.0 and no 0.5 (would have been my preferred option) stuff in

It tastes... odd. Not unpleasant, still drinkable but definitely not just like beer.

I think the Carlsberg 0.0 still beats the Heineken 0.0 in terms of tasting like a lager. Heineken is more like a malt beverage IMHO. But apart from some German 0.5 Weiss beers, I still prefer Diageo’s Purebrew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Not having any joy finding purebrew, only tried a few dunnes so far- North Wicklow South county Dublin here?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,722 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Had the Guinness zero draught last week. Not a fan. Didn't taste anything like Guinness. Could have been bad glass or line or something but threw me off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mksbart1948

Try any polish grocery shop for big selection of non-alcoholic beers. There's also couple of variants (dark non-alcoholic beer) and flavors :)

Advertisement