Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fav Alcohol Free Beer?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

munster87 wrote: »
    So what hours are you not allowed to advertise between?

6am-10am; on the basis that its "family breakfast time"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭dzilla

It seems to be stocked by all Dunnes, it's a 500ml can.

Grand job

• Registered Users Posts: 9,318 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Cloudio9 wrote: »
      Occasionally I have an alcohol free weissbier with a wedge of lemon to try and overpower the sweetness.
      Macy0161 wrote: »
      The last couple of weeks I've had a couple. Erdinger, and whatever the Lidl version - isotonic, post exercise, first beer! In that context I didn't mind the sweetness (erdinger was nicer though of the two). I assume there's aldi AF weiss? Will have a look this evening anyway.
      Tesco were selling off erdinger AF Lemon last night (picked up the last 3 in Greystones), so I guess I'll find out!

Had the Gerstel at the weekend. Not bad at all 55cent a can aswell

Tesco were selling off erdinger AF Lemon last night (picked up the last 3 in Greystones), so I guess I'll find out!

Its a summer drink i enjoyed in the garden during the heatwave. very refreshing

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Any more word out of Diageo, what went wrong , fixes and relaunch ? id be surprised if they managed to do anything before christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,318 ✭✭✭Macy0161

dzilla wrote: »
      Its a summer drink i enjoyed in the garden during the heatwave. very refreshing
      It was nice - very radler like. Having said that, I spotted two 500ml for €3 of standard erdinger AF in Dunnes so went for that this week.

It was nice - very radler like. Having said that, I spotted two 500ml for €3 of standard erdinger AF in Dunnes so went for that this week.

Dunnes are very good value for the AF range

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭sporina

dzilla wrote: »
      Dunnes are very good value for the AF range

I find Erdinger AF too sweet... have to try their Gerstel though.. can you get this anywhere else? I am rarely ever in DS

sporina wrote: »
      I find Erdinger AF too sweet... have to try their Gerstel though.. can you get this anywhere else? I am rarely ever in DS

Just in Dunnes, I had not tried it until this week as I am never in Dunnes myself as its a bit of a spin for me.

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭sporina

Tried Gerstel today - its not for me - a bit rough - but good for 68p or what ever it was. I'd still rather pay more for Moretti/Carlsberg.. they win for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

The aldi roadworks ipa 0.5% is surprisingly nice at €1.29 a bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

Most brewdog beers are class, but both AF (2 main ones) I think have a really chemically aftertaste that leaves a weird mouth feel.

The initial sip is always good tasting beer but the weirdness by the end of the first can it's too much.

Big drop brewing Galactic milk stout is a decent enough stout (initially might come across as too bitter, but stick with it).

Unfortunately, I can't remember where I bought them :pac: so none left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

The aldi roadworks ipa 0.5% is surprisingly nice at €1.29 a bottle.

My favourite of all !!!!! If you are a craft drinker then a cold one of these from the fridge almost has the body of 6/7%

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭joejoew

km991148 wrote: »
      Big drop brewing Galactic milk stout is a decent enough stout (initially might come across as too bitter, but stick with it).

Unfortunately, I can't remember where I bought them :pac: so none left.

Got some delivered from Holland & Barrett in the summer but out of stock for a while now. Haven't seen it anywhere else yet unfortunately. If anyone spots it would be great to know!

joejoew wrote: »
      Got some delivered from Holland & Barrett in the summer but out of stock for a while now. Haven't seen it anywhere else yet unfortunately. If anyone spots it would be great to know!

Hmm I never bought beer in H&B before, but now I'm wondering if I got a load of it in Sainsbury's Newry one time...
      Maybe a UK only (hence H&B, UK company)?

listermint wrote: »
      Any more word out of Diageo, what went wrong , fixes and relaunch ? id be surprised if they managed to do anything before christmas.

It's been delayed until early next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭Genghis

It's been delayed until early next year.

Got my hopes up last week when my local Tesco had an out of stock notice in the 'Zero zone' for the empty Guinness 0 0 shelf space, stating re-stock expected 3 December.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Genghis wrote: »
      Got my hopes up last week when my local Tesco had an out of stock notice in the 'Zero zone' for the empty Guinness 0 0 shelf space, stating re-stock expected 3 December.

Hopefully its there for dry January !

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Genghis wrote: »

Do we have any further info on the supposed reappearance of Guinness 0.0 on 3 Dec?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭flanzer

Pen Rua wrote: »
      Do we have any further info on the supposed reappearance of Guinness 0.0 on 3 Dec?

Seems to be a canned (pardon the pun!) response on Twitter today

https://twitter.com/GuinnessIreland/status/1334113181833306134?s=20

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Paul needs a few pints of the normal Guinness by the looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Paul needs a few pints of the normal Guinness by the looks of it

Midstrength will do him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

RonanC wrote: »
      To Øl's Implosion and Lervig's No Worries are both superb. Brooklyn Special Effects is excellent too.

Agreed on Brooklyn Special Effects. There is no difference for me in drinking that compared to a regular alcoholic IPA. They got the taste and "heaviness" spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

I'm really enjoying Heino 0.0 at the moment.

Genuinely a great effort from them, even in the small cans. On tap in my local it really is not far off in terms of taste and flavor of the real thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

seamusk84 wrote: »
      I'm really enjoying Heino 0.0 at the moment.

Genuinely a great effort from them, even in the small cans. On tap in my local it really is not far off in terms of taste and flavor of the real thing.

Had a few pints of this a while back and to be fair, I probably wouldn't have known the difference between it and a pint of Heineken. Not really a ringing endorsement of it on flavour grounds, but for replicating the real thing it gets my seal of approval :D

Definitely makes you feel more like you are having a "real" drink when it's available on draught too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,510 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Fall_Guy wrote: »
      Had a few pints of this a while back and to be fair, I probably wouldn't have known the difference between it and a pint of Heineken. Not really a ringing endorsement of it on flavour grounds, but for replicating the real thing it gets my seal of approval :D

Definitely makes you feel more like you are having a "real" drink when it's available on draught too.

Has anyone tried it half and half?

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

elperello wrote: »
      Has anyone tried it half and half?

But why bother ...

Advertisement