Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VI - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Galadriel wrote: »
    Earlier on this thread a poster said that hotels could only cater for 'essential guests' and not 'tourist guests'.

Can anyone verify please if you can stay in a hotel in your home county? the information I am hearing on this is totally conflicting as I found this online earlier:

Hotels and retail

Hotels and accommodation will be open but services limited to residents.

Phone the hotel. They'll be best placed to answer any queries you have.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Earlier on this thread a poster said that hotels could only cater for 'essential guests' and not 'tourist guests'.

Can anyone verify please if you can stay in a hotel in your home county? the information I am hearing on this is totally conflicting as I found this online earlier:

Hotels and retail

Im an essential worker. Mickey Mouse type.

The Plaza in Westport told me I cant stay tomorrow night.

The girl checking me in told me they are closing as citizens can only stay in their own county

• Registered Users Posts: 48,185 ✭✭✭✭km79

Im an essential worker. Mickey Mouse type.

The Plaza in Westport told me I cant stay tomorrow night.

The girl checking me in told me they are closing as citizens can only stay in their own county

Fk that’s where we were going !
    We are from Mayo

Penfailed wrote: »
    It hasn't stopped you. Your You're not one for the strong arguments yourself.

No competition if Im honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Phone the hotel. They'll be best placed to answer any queries you have.

Yeah but I am genuinely curious as to what the actual rules are as it doesn't seem clear (like the rest of the 'living with covid' plan).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭acequion

I know. Some of them have harsher restrictions.

Which ones have harsher restrictions and how are they harsher? I'm genuinely curious. Varadkar in his controversial interview last night said that our restrictions are among the harshest. So if you know who has it worse do tell us?

km79 wrote: »
    Fk that’s where we were going !
    We are from Mayo

The plaza is shut regardless.
    Some local B&B is open.

Im not a peasant so I explained I dont entertain B&Bs

The plaza is shut.

Some local B&B is open.

Damn
    I am suprised at that.
    Not the end of the world though .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

Damn
    I am suprised at that.
    Not the end of the world though .

Westport Woods is staying open. For the next couple of weeks at least anyway.

uli84 wrote: »
    58 deaths in Poland today and weddings of 100 people are allowed,1 death in here -25 people are allowed and to make people’s life harder

They are obviously baldy mismanaging the pandemic, they should be held up as an example of how not to deal with it yet you are somehow promoting their way of doing things? Crazy crazy stuff.

• Advertisement

Padkir wrote: »
    Westport Woods is staying open. For the next couple of weeks at least anyway.

Thanks
    I was 50/50 whether we would go anyway and now that they Plaza is closed we are not going to bother
    The fact it would have been residents only was going to be a real plus but obviously it must not be viable for them to stay open sadly

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 Mendelsohn33

Thanks
    I was 50/50 whether we would go anyway and now that they Plaza is closed we are not going to bother
    The fact it would have been residents only was going to be a real plus but obviously it must not be viable for them to stay open sadly

It's 50-50 at this stage.
    I mean I am very buttblasted and sore about orange trump being president.
    I was a moderator on a political discussion board in 2015 2016 and I bet all my eggs on hillary
    Now nobody respects my opinion on political matters
    So ya
    I will ban anybody
    Co's I was wrong.

I need to buy some trump butt salve cream because I was so wrong
    And every body sees it

• Registered Users Posts: 25,089 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Varadkar is still the Teesh to me, can't help thinking that. Even though I know he is not.

MM just does not have the Gravitas at all. But he doesn't care no more. He is FF Teesh. Useless Altar Boy. I doubt he cares once he was elected FF TS.

Martin doesn’t have the charisma of Leo. But in a way we need to be grateful for that. I think Leo is disingenuous and that mask of charisma even with his mask very much slipping is still for a lot of people coming between them and the real Leo.

Martin is more what you see is what you get. Gravitas a plenty. When he is worried he looks it, relaxed the same. Leo just that painted on smile. See through. So far at the latter part of this crisis we’ve seen an honest enough broker in MM, whereby with Leo you saw a lot of smiling and is his and the FG way, talking out of both sides of his mouth.

acequion wrote: »
    Which ones have harsher restrictions and how are they harsher? I'm genuinely curious. Varadkar in his controversial interview last night said that our restrictions are among the harshest. So if you know who has it worse do tell us?

One of the open up cheerleaders in here was recently in Paris. The police are enforcing mask wearing with on the spot fines. The rules have since tightened even more there and they have closed pubs and cafes - they're not even allowing outdoor service. That's just one example.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭3xh

Hotels and retail

The word residents here doesn’t mean county residents but residents of the hotel. Guests, in other words. The facilities, within the hotel, that are operating are for guests only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭uli84

IrishHomer wrote: »
    The population of Poland is approximately 38 million so I think their Covid numbers can't be compared to our little island.

Well it surely isn’t 58 times higher and it’s deaths we need to look at right now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭uli84

One of the open up cheerleaders in here was recently in Paris. The police are enforcing mask wearing with on the spot fines. The rules have since tightened even more there and they have closed pubs and cafes - they're not even allowing outdoor service. That's just one example.

That’s not the whole country though, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,397 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The plaza is shut regardless.
    Some local B&B is open.

So much for supporting businesses Finny

uli84 wrote: »
    That’s not the whole country though, right?

Right.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Strumms wrote: »
    Martin doesn’t have the charisma of Leo. But in a way we need to be grateful for that. I think Leo is disingenuous and that mask of charisma even with his mask very much slipping is still for a lot of people coming between them and the real Leo.

Martin is more what you see is what you get. Gravitas a plenty. When he is worried he looks it, relaxed the same. Leo just that painted on smile. See through. So far at the latter part of this crisis we’ve seen an honest enough broker in MM, whereby with Leo you saw a lot of smiling and is his and the FG way, talking out of both sides of his mouth.

Why is is the same people in boards who constantly slated Leo and FG before covid constantly get away with slating Leo and FG constantly on covid threads.

It's purely political.

People want more cases so we go to level 5 and they can gleefully come here and slate Leo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

They are obviously baldy mismanaging the pandemic, they should be held up as an example of how not to deal with it yet you are somehow promoting their way of doing things? Crazy crazy stuff.

Rubbish

Not all 58 died yesterday

Avg is 20-30 daily, with nearly 40 million people thats like our death rate of 2-4 a day

You do know over 1000 people a day die in Poland every day?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Does anybody know if amateur sport and kids sport is still going ahead throughout Europe. I know it is in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Why is is the same people in boards who constantly slated Leo and FG before covid constantly get away with slating Leo and FG constantly on covid threads.

It's purely political.

People want more cases so we go to level 5 and they can gleefully come here and slate Leo.

We will never go to level 5 again.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Hotels and retail

The "essential guests only" is a Level 4 thing, not Level 3. I don't know why any hotel would purposefully turn away custom if they weren't obliged to.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Osborne

Checkpoints seem to be going well this morning.

https://twitter.com/NoelGleeson10/status/1313748640716992512?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Osborne wrote: »

I'm sitting looking out the window at the N7. It's absolutely jammed. I'm sure the back roads will be very busy too with people trying to avoid it.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Some people have basic dislike for Leo and/or FG from before the Covid period, and no matter how many good things he does now people will put it down to spin/pr etc.

He was superb in putting NPHET in their place last night, showing the type of authority many of us have been asking for for months. All reports from the meeting between government and NPHET yesterday report him to have spoken the most and with the strongest views against level 5. So it's not just spin.

He was the one that put the progressive reopening in place. When FF railed back against this, he was the one who called out that we were the only nation in Europe without pubs open and set the groundwork to get them open.

I've been no fan of his in the past but in an age of complete buffoonery from FF in government, and needless whataboutery from SF over every tiny thing (Mary Lou coming out against level 5 but then SF criticising government for ignoring NPHET the latest example), Leo has been the sole figure of sanity. People need to judge on actions in the here and now, at least until this crisis is over

your point isn't unreasonable. But lets us not gloss over the fact the FG and FF are pretty equal coalition partners hence the rotating Taoiseach and all that lark...

FG aren't like the PDs or Greens as a very small minority partner.

The notion that MM walked in a scrapped the reopening plan in favour of Michael's Law and Order isn't accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

ixoy wrote: »
    The "essential guests only" is a Level 4 thing, not Level 3. I don't know why any hotel would purposefully turn away custom if they weren't obliged to.

Due to stay in a hotel next week for 2 nights, outside of county. They range me yesterday to confirm reservation. When I asked was everything still open as normal, they confirmed yes. So the above hits the nail on the head I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Osborne wrote: »

Same as last time - they’re going to try to control movement by causing as many traffic jams as possible. So much for essential travel. This is what you call policing by consent....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,798 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

AGS shouldn't be out in the first place. It's more policing by intimidation than consent - they have no legal authority to stop people travelling and are relying on people being unwilling to challenge them at a checkpoint.

Either make it actually enforceable or stop blocking people going about their business.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement