Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VI - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,508 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

One thing I hate to read is how our health service is called one of the worst in Europe. We actually have one of the best health services in Europe if not the world it’s capacity that’s the issue I just think that needs to be pointed out as it does sound like people claim the service is terrible when it’s far from it.

The health service get €19 billion of our tax money every years and we still have people including myself waiting months or even years for operations when we can't afford to go private.

You're deluded.

acequion wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D:D You must be having one helluva session there! Popping a few pills as well are we!

Or else very blatant trolling. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The treatment and expertise in Irish public and private hospitals is as good as anywhere in the world. It’s the capacity of the public system that’s the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

dalyboy wrote: »
    Can anyone answer this for me ?

How is it constitutionally possible a government is considering a €200 FINE for moving from one county to another county in your own country ?
    Is there a caveat in our constitution that allows for this possible implementation by the government of the day ?

Or has this been ripped up now that we are in a casedemic?

There is a 1947 health act that allows the constitution to be ignored if there is a health risk to the nation.

Now there is no proportionality whatsoever to the measures as there is minimal risk to citizens not already gravely ill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭walus

The schools are a major source the dogs in the street know that, they need to be closed asap if we want to take fighting back against the surge seriously.

Could you provide any evidence that kids are the main spreaders of the virus and are the key reason why the numbers of hospital admissions are on the rise? Did the kids get covid into care homes this time round?

It is easy to shut down schools, sure. Kids will be grand right? Parents will cope too, no problem. That is the talk of those who have no kids. Not to mention that it is completely illogical.

Also, as a parent of three kids under nine years of age, I want to be compensated for doing the teachers’ job. Same as they have done it in other countries. How about 150 per child per week? Economy is doing great I hear, so that should not be a problem ffs.

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

• Registered Users Posts: 15,923 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Haven't heard a word from Paul Reid in ages now.

He personally is not responsible. But he needs to kick ass big time.

Reckon the Unions will tell him to feck off if he tries to rock the boat. Therein lies the problem I think. And until recruitment to HSE is dependent on non union affiliation (like many other industries are) there will be no end to the inefficiency at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭dalyboy

There was no issue in having fines for leaving your 2km/5km zones during the lockdown so doubt there is an issue making the rule for counties.

It’s only a matter of time before level 5 and 5km limits anyway so the county thing will be short lived.

At this point I agree about the level 5.
    It’s just a waiting game.

I’m just working out my best angle of escape to any other country with a sane system of governance.
    Im sad to be doing this but lucky I can work remotely anywhere.

Ireland has now become uninhabitable after the public manipulation of the last 3 days.
    Wouldn’t trust NPHET or the government as far as I could throw them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭RickDeckard

Someone mentioned the old Eastern block regarding policing, and I actually think that's bang on.

This whole Garda thing has Chernobyl vibe to it, deny reality, go though the standard motions, try batter the populace into submission with a frankly pathetic display of authority, no accountability.

I am disgusted with out Police and government class. Not the cops stood in the rain, you get a pass for now, anyone above sergeant is a part of the problem.

**** this ****, I'm centre right wing,I want strong,decent , sensible law and order, and I'm appalled at our Garda today. Shame. Shame shame.

I

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭acequion

The treatment and expertise in Irish public and private hospitals is as good as anywhere in the world. It’s the capacity of the public system that’s the issue.

Treatment and expertise are of no use without capacity. That's like a brilliant restaurant where there's nothing to eat. An oxymoron.

And absolutely useless. So get back in your box!

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

So we may have to get drink at a certain time instead of when we want. I don't see how in the name of God that will stop anyone having parties.

Forkhill/Jonesbourgh and other cross border areas must be willing the Govt to bring this in

I’d love to see them bring in drink restrictions only for the sheer anarchy of it - at this stage I’m done with the whole thing so whatever buffonary they want to dream up next, grand.

Rrrrrr2 wrote: »
    I’d love to see them bring in drink restrictions only for the sheer anarchy of it - at this stage I’m done with the whole thing so whatever buffonary they want to dream up next, grand.

If these Amadans bring in a drink ban, we will have propper , full on , rebellion against the state ,lol, I almost wish they would, we may get someplace after it. Anything is better than these condescending goons at the moment, not all, but most of em.

Go on you w a n k e r s, make you move, restrict alcohol and we will have Republic 2.0, for better or worse.

• Advertisement

Watching this happening is like watching a real life horror movie.
    Only problem is this movie is playing 24/7 .
    It’s on tv , your mobile phone , laptop , car radio , YouTube feed , every shop you walk into and now when you drive out of your driveway on to the road (checkpoints)
    Oh and you have to agree that the movie is only correct to be played like this or you are thought to be some kind of mental asylum patient.

It’s on tv , your mobile phone , laptop , car radio , YouTube feed , every shop you walk into and now when you drive out of your driveway on to the road (checkpoints)
    Oh and you have to agree that the movie is only correct to be played like this or you are thought to be some kind of mental asylum patient.

Dont watch Rte. unless you want to end up in a lunatic asylum!

I turned that shyte off back in April after I saw Clair (covibot) Byrne in her little corona HQ shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭appledrop

Can you work from home?

It will be strong encouragement for anyone who can WFH to do so. Traffic was non existent in the lock down so there is obviously a lot who were WFH then going in at the moment.

Not saying you can btw but is certainly some of the reasoning imo.

Traffic was none existent during lockdown because nothing was open apart from grocery shops + hospitials.

Now all schools , all shops, retail parks, hairdressers, all businesses all open.

No I can't work from home as in education sector.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    My Theory? The CMO/HSE/FFFG are doubling down on the Lockdowns, deaths are low but the PCR positives are up, lockdown coming into the winter which turns out again to be pretty normal in terms of deaths etc. then they can say "The Lockdown Worked" even though in real terms it made no difference at all!

Doesn’t seem to be FF and FG or Greens in favour of lockdowns though, they’ve just tried to resist one. Meanwhile my twitter feed is full of Mary Lou ‘likes’ of Dr Gabriel Scally and zero Covid nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Where did you see that confirmed?

The restaurants are shut all day I assume?

What does central region mean?

Confirmed? It's all over the news.

Here's the details including where - https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-53166816

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Ivan Yates was the last voice of reason on this matter. He retired when he was needed the most.

Pat Kenny and Ryan Tubridy are the worst type of gowl heads I ever had the misfortune of laying eyes on or listening too

There you go what?? I asked you to provide evidence of your claim that there are other countries with, to quote what you said, "harsher restrictions." I didn't ask for a breakdown of restrictions in European countries which is what you linked. But even with a quick read through I didn't find one with harsher restrictions. Unless you're referring to stronger enforcement and if that's what you mean please clarify!

It must've been a very quick read through.

France - no wedding receptions, Paris and hundreds of other municipalities have mandatory face masks outdoors.
    Spain - most regions face masks obligatory outdoors.
    Netherlands - only three people to visit your home.
    Germany - minimum fine of €50 in shops and public transport.

All of those are harsher restrictions than here.
    You cite Scotland, a tiny country very similar to our own with unsurprisingly similar restrictions, not harsher by the way, around the same.

Yes. Harsher. All pubs closed in the central region stretching from coast to coast including Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1313898594404110336?s=21

How can a full blown lockdown be the only method of protecting nursing homes in Holohan’s eyes? Surely regular testing & wearing of full PPE is the way to go. I didn’t see the full press conference. Did anyone see if he offered any explanation as to what they’re doing right now to protect residents?

Ivan Yates was the last voice of reason on this matter. He retired when he was needed the most.

Pat Kenny and Ryan Tubridy are the worst type of gowl heads I ever had the misfortune of laying eyes on or listening too

You read my mind. Was only thinking of Ivan and how much he's missed. I tend to listen to very little radio now. There's a plethora of none-too-bright airheads like Claire Byrne, Sarah McInerney, Andrea Gilligan etc all with the same scripted drivel on loop- have these people all had lobotomies because it certainly sounds like if you can force yourself to listen for 2 mins?
    Seems to be the problem with third level education these days. Pretty much any dimwit can rote learn, look pretty and have a few right connections and bobs your uncle. Plum RTE job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

If these Amadans bring in a drink ban, we will have propper , full on , rebellion against the state ,lol, I almost wish they would, we may get someplace after it. Anything is better than these condescending goons at the moment, not all, but most of em..

I wish they would go to Level 5.... Or to a Holahan level 7... Everything closed, bookies and off-licences too.... Gardai/Army food collection points...

Might wake up the Irish people then...

If these Amadans bring in a drink ban, we will have propper , full on , rebellion against the state ,lol, I almost wish they would, we may get someplace after it. Anything is better than these condescending goons at the moment, not all, but most of em.

Go on you w a n k e r s, make you move, restrict alcohol and we will have Republic 2.0, for better or worse.

...yet people claim Ireland doesn't have an unhealthy obsession with drink...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Try Niall Boylan.

Since the start has been the voice of reason.

Consistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,329 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Penfailed wrote: »
    This makes no sense. If you are adhering to the restrictions, you'll not be fined.
    Try reading for comprehension.
    Treatment and expertise are of no use without capacity. That's like a brilliant restaurant where there's nothing to eat. An noxymoron.

And absolutely useless. So get back in your box!
    Or a fancy restaurant where some idiot decided you could only eat outside its front door. In Ireland. In October.

Try reading for comprehension.

Nope. Still no sense. You say it'll hit the people that obey the restrictions hardest, yet, if you obey the restrictions, you don't get hit at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,862 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Spotlight on BBC2 at 10 has a reporter going to Sweden to see what it's like over there.

Have a look at Sky News AUstralia, the difference in the coverage is unreal. You would never hear this on RTE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdF2d-cucjI&ab_channel=SkyNewsAustralia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGBEaYEtiys&ab_channel=SkyNewsAustralia

Penfailed wrote: »
    ...yet people claim Ireland doesn't have an unhealthy obsession with drink...

Dude, I am not denying that, I have a problematic issue with drink as well, I was two years sober until things compounded this year , and I broke.

But I will get back on my wagon in again ,soon.

But, if you restrict drinking anymore in this country, ..... He who reaps the whirlwind etc...

Just facts man, drink is **** when abused, I agree. But I all about bodily sovereignty.

Jake1 wrote: »
    Have a look at Sky News AUstralia, the difference in the coverage is unreal. You would never hear this on RTE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdF2d-cucjI&ab_channel=SkyNewsAustralia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGBEaYEtiys&ab_channel=SkyNewsAustralia

Yes actually questioning things logically- a long last art in Irish media unfortunately.
    Our media is more like that of the Soviet Union these days. Reading government press releases and loony advice as gospel

• Advertisement

Yes actually questioning things logically- a long last art in Irish media unfortunately.
    Our media is more like that of the Soviet Union these days. Reading government press releases and loony advice as gospel

Exactly. Whether you agree with them or not, isnt it nice to hear a different side? Shame we cant get decent report's like that, who actually question whats going on.
    Too many people seem to be so happy to just hear what RTE BBC CNN report and take it all as gospel.
    Im not saying they are wrong in everything they report, but they certainly are not right all the time either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement