Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXIV-37,063 ROI (1,801 deaths) 12,886 NI (582 deaths) (02/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Hooked wrote: »
    Because, F0çK knows... we did shag all to improve our shambolic healthcare system in those 6 months.
    Make that 30 years. Not a whole lot that could be done with a behemoth like the HSE in that time apart from crisis management. Problems stretch far and wide in it and a lot of them are not money but they do have a surge/contingency plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,941 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

boggerman1 wrote: »
    Michael McNamara calling out nephet on the radio.this madness has to be called out

Yes, exactly what we need right now, that absolute bollíx ranting and raving to rile up his twitter followers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Level 5 or no level 5 the elephant in the room is the schools and the colleges.

Close the wet schools and just leave the schools that serve food open?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

That option was tried and is not having the desired effect so a minimum level 4 on a countrywide basis is necessary unfortunately mainly due to the fcukwits.

Level 4 won't stop f@ckwits. Only destroys economy. Transmission is in family homes. No level is going to stop that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

exponential total cases

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Hooked wrote: »
    Screenshot-2020-10-05-at-09-20-17.png

So... 6 months on we've learned that 95% of those who died had underlying medical conditions...and 93% were over 65 years old...

This virus has killed 126 "under 65 year olds" (may they rest in peace). Cancer kills that many people in FIVE DAYS!!!

But.. lets just properly DESTROY the whole bloody country once and for all. :mad:

Because, F0çK knows... we did shag all to improve our shambolic healthcare system in those 6 months.

That 105 year old could have hung on for another 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 7,312 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Sam Mconkey is unbearable.

Michael McNamara calling out nephet on the radio.this madness has to be called out
    Had they recommended immediate changes to Levels 3 & 4 with a warning that further measures might be needed soon, the conversation would be different. Instead they caught everyone on the hop with a Level 5 plan for four weeks on a Sunday evening. Very badly handled.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,212 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

This is how I imagine Tony Holohan on his return:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭scrumqueen

Paddygreen wrote: »
    But why would you even want to? It’s so scary out there,

Bit of perspective please, this kind of hyperbole does no one any favours.

Yes, caution should be paramount but caution should be wearing your mask and keeping your distance and not travelling unnecessarily.
    We can do everything online, even our jobs. We don’t have to leave our houses guys,

No, we cant, there are some industries SMEs and sectors that will be decimated by a L4 not to mention a L5.

we are all in this together.

LOL. Not since the nationwide lockdown lifted we haven't. Its everyone out for themselves now, evident by the numbers an blatant disregard for the guidelines we see everywhere every day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭TexasTornado

Sam Mconkey is unbearable.

Really like him tbh. He's calm and to the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JDD

That 105 year old could have hung on for another 6 months

*Sigh* Once more onto the breach...

Lockdowns are not about preventing deaths. Lockdowns are not about preventing ICU admissions. Lockdowns are about reducing hospital admissions.

Repeat ad nauseum.

Does anyone know what our ICU and hospital bed capacity at the moment is? There used to be a useful infographic that showed available covid beds with how many of them are currently occupied. They don't seem to publish that infographic anymore.

Also, does anyone know whether we still have an additional surge capacity in ICU/hospital beds or is that only available if we shut down the remainder of the health system like we did in March?

Dan O Brian on radio 1 saying shutting down the economy again has the country on a trajectory to require another bailout

It's usually a different point every time!

He came across as an utter loon tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Level 4 won't stop f@ckwits. Only destroys economy. Transmission is in family homes. No level is going to stop that.
    So you don't think keeping people at home and stopping visits between homes will stop transmission in homes? Okay....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Clearly then you never listened to him so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Is it that some people do not have the capacity to project? Like toddlers they have to be told what to do because they struggle to grasp reality beyond what is directly in front of them and just like toddlers they tantrum when they can't do what they want because they can't see the danger in it.

Toddlers my arse.

More like adults asking questions like why the government/HSE/NPHET haven't prepared for the INEVITABLE second wave.

ICU capacity now appears to be lower than in April.

The City West facility was decommissioned even though everyone knew what was coming.

Now they've been caught out with an unexpected rise (they seem not to have expected it), haven't prepared properly and need to shut everything down.

Its a shambles.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭John O.Groats

And how do you think the virus is transmitted in family homes?. By people out and about in contact with other infected people and not taking basic precautions. The virus doesn`t suddenly materialize out of thin air you know.

• Advertisement

Dan O Brian on radio 1 saying shutting down the economy again has the country on a trajectory to require another bailout
    Doubtful , as the ECB presses are running off free money 24 hours a day and will for some time to come but we could probably write off 2021.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

I Wonder is Mr. Tony reading this thread?

He has splinters in his arse from jumping over the fence every single day.

His points change like the weather

• Registered Users Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭prunudo

Between the news last night and the change in the weather, it doesn't half bring in an onset of feeling down about everything. Depression is probably too strong a word but Im definitely not in an upbeat mood. Waking up this morning on a dark wet morning wondering whether I'll still be in business by the end of the year let alone this time next year. Even last week waiting on my negative result I didn't feel this bad.
    These sheilded highly paid and unelected civil servants have no idea what is happening up and down the rest of the country. Oblivious to what a simple 'leak' does to normal people trying to get by day to day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

We needed a bail out for our banks, this is a different situation altogether.

I can't see a scenario where we require a bailout because there's nothing to bail out as such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

Sardonicat wrote: »
    So you don't think keeping people at home and stopping visits between homes will stop transmission in homes? Okay....

You completely ignored my point. On purpose i contend.

I'm saying fcukwits won't listen. Are you telling me the antimask protestors on Grafton st yesterday are now going to follow the rules? Or will they continue to not follow the rules?

Clearly then you never listened to him so.

Iv'e actually listened to him a fair bit tbh. He clearly knows what he is talking about unlike many of the "experts" on here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭John O.Groats

Not shutting it down for a relatively short period now will eventually lead to that happening anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

• Advertisement

GooglePlus wrote: »
    We needed a bail out for our banks, this is a different situation altogether.

I can't see a scenario where we require a bailout because there's nothing to bail out as such.

In his view the country itself could be bankrupt in 2021.

Now some of his views i don't agree with but he's of the opinion that the ECB won't be throwing money at us because we're the only country looking at a full shutdown.

Like I say some of the things he says i agree with others I don't

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement