Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I haven't either but keep meaning to as everyone I know enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,177 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Love Derry girls, got into it late as I'd missed the first season but watched it over a couple of nights before the second season launched. Looking forward to seeing this one now, missed it last night but will watch it later tonight.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I really liked the first series, but definitely found the second one a bit weaker. Will have to watch the new episode tonight and see how it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭BK5

You're dead right there! 😄

Has anyone ever said something like "only 90 days to Christmas" or "I ordered some decorations online (when it's the middle of July)" and a non Elf has just looked at you like you've ten heads?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It’s weaker again than season 2. Still a half decent watch tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I thought it was much stronger than season 2, loads of genuine laugh out loud moments, for me anyway!

Watching it now, have to admit finding it quite funny.

edit.

Loved the 'guest star' that scene was brilliant.

Post edited by DvB on
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Morning all

Happy Friday (for those of luck enough to get Easter off) 😀

Going to see an Easter buddy with the kids tomorrow and then going for some lunch. Looking forward it. Not quite seeing Santa however the kids will have a blast and nice to know 4 days off work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭tscul32

Forgot to watch Derry Girls on Tuesday so will catch up over the weekend.

Have family coming over for dinner on Sunday so it'll be like Christmas again 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Going to my sister's on Sunday and we're having Turkey and Ham 🎉🎄

• Advertisement

That's what we're cooking too

• Registered Users Posts: 30,301 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I bought a Turkey crown today too and half the Christmas ham is still in the freezer, so that'll get cooked on Sunday. There will even be stuffing, all that will be missing is the sprouts!

I'm doing roast beef and yorkshire puddings for Easter Sunday. Fish and chips tomorrow and a chinese takeaway for Saturday. Bring on the weekend! 😋

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

My song of choice in the shower this morning was randomly Fairytale of New York.

Easter always has a mini Christmas vibe about it.

off work for the next 5 days as well. I’m very excited :)

Heading off to Dublin Airport in a bit... wish us luck!!!

Easter dinner for us will be an Indian!! Looking forward to it already, am off until Monday week too so this will be my longest break this year until Christmas itself.

Have a great Easter y'all!!

Enjoy your trip. Safe travels. Hope Dublin airport wasn’t too bad!

Happy Easter everyone! 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Happy Easter all, hope everyone is enjoying the time off. Had a nice relaxing couple of days so far, walk this morning and afternoon of chocolate!!

Happy Easter to you all from a very rainy Cork.

• Advertisement

Happy Easter from a gloriously sunny Yorkshire...

Haha, glad it’s nice for you - have a lovely break 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭gidget

Happy Easter all, bought myself a Daim Easter egg, so looking forward to tucking into that after a Sunday roast dinner later.

Nice enough in dublin too, white cloud but no rain and not particularly cold.

Just overbaked my lemon meringue cake 😟 Had the timer set but then started hoovering 😡 It's very dark but not quite too burnt. Will still be eaten though, cream and lemon curd/passionfruit filling should sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭BK5

Happy Easter everyone, hope you all have a great one!

A very happy weekend for me personally as my Dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer a few weeks ago, it was caught really early and he was brought into the Mater last Monday to have it removed.

The happy bit is he was home by Tuesday and there hasn't been a bother on him all week since, so if he's happy then the rest of the family are happy. Big relief for us all to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭jellybear

Happy Easter all!

@BK5 your poor family, that must have been an awful shock. I'm delighted surgery went well and he's home and hopefully enjoying plenty of chocolate today!!

We're having Turkey, ham etc. I eventually got the Easter decorations upstairs night.

We finally took the Christmas oil cloth off the table ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 7,963 ✭✭✭DenMan

Happy Easter everyone!

• Advertisement

Currently at the Seaside.

Not the best day for it!

Advertisement