Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So now that summer is over are we full steam ahead for Christmas 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I just nipped out to the shop and brrr, it's baltic out there! Hopefully if it's miserable this week and next, we might have some hope of a nice Easter weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Its definitely cooler today, that & the monotonous grey sky would almost have you thinking of Autumn... really hope we get a decent summer this year, love getting outdoors more before moving back indoors as the longer nights come back later in the year.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I have to say, it's a fantastic day here in Cork - bright and sunny. Went out for lunch with a friend and we sat outside in the sun, it was glorious. I've probably jinxed it now 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭gidget

My latest purchase from Amazon. Some cracking recipes & party bit ideas for those get togethers over Christmas & New Years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,374 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We're into the 260's!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Semi back in the land of the living. Made it out of bed for awhile however didn't last due to feeling light headed.

This COVID has really knocked me for 6.

Hope all doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭jellybear

Having a tough time here...hubby has covid so is isolating away from me and little man. Taking care of a toddler, a lurcher who loves to play and being over 5 months pregnant is no walk in the park 😔 I hope all here are doing well and enjoying the last couple of days of sunshine. It's so chilly but at least it's bright!! Dreading the rain that's forecast!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Jesus that sounds tough. Hopefully he won't have to isolate much longer.

• Advertisement

Awh it's very tough to be honest...I was particularly upset typing that earlier so apologies to all for venting!! He's out of isolation Tuesday so a few more days to get through. We'll survive though.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Roll on Tuesday, @jellybear! Hope you and your hubby are alright.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Oh wow. It honestly only feels like yesterday we hit 300.

Thanks so much guys!! Heading to bed now. Hoping an early night will help 🙂🙂

Welcome back TRS glad you’re feeling semi better. Mind yourself while recovering.

That’s so tough jellybear. Hopefully your hubby is ok and you can get some rest yourself soon. You need to mind yourself as much as you can!

Genuinely feel like this has been the fastest jan-feb-mar I can remember... its flown by for me.

Agreed. For some reason I thought April was starting on Monday and not tomorrow.

Yeah, April fools tomorrow morning. If that's even a thing any more.

• Advertisement

And we're into April... seems like we've a real cold snap in the post based on what I heard on the radio this morning though, shame as I'm liking the brighter evenings already. Though as long as the heavy rain stays away that'll be okay.

Barely had time to catch my breath with work at the moment, been getting a real kicking on one job & starting another project with a very high maintenance client at the same time is not a good mix, stress levels pretty much at peak!!Really looking forward to some getting some headspace over the weekend. Methinks there'll be a beer or two in there somewhere as well 😀

Anyone anything nice planned for the weekend?

Happy April everyone, there was some serious frost out there this morning, how is it so cold in APRIL like!!

I hear you on the work front DVB I feel like I'm just floating from one project to the next and my to-do is ever expanding. No plans for the weekend as far as I know. Already trying to survive until Easter.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,374 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

First quarter of the year done and Happy April.

In the next one we'll have Easter/Bank Holiday Weekend,.May Bank Holiday and then the June Bank Holiday. Which might help things to move along.

Hope you are on the mend @TRS30 & that you are surviving @jellybear - it sounds really tough!

Beautiful day here but cold. I can take the cold once the sun is shining! No plans for the weekend, if the weather keeps dry & sunny, might try to tidy the garden up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Pretty cold out here, or so the OH told me! Being stuck isolating in the attic is starting to get to me now. Missing the family and still not feeling well enough to work. Turned on the laptop for a couple of hours yesterday and had to stop as head was pounding and couldn't concentrate (should have realised when I couldn't remember my passwords and only got them last go!!).

Looks like I'll be up there till Monday. Is youngest's Elf's birthday next weekend and OH really want to have a party for her so is worried one of them will get it again!

At least I'm getting to read, on and off, a book I've been trying to get to for ages so I'll take the positives!

Hope all are doing well and a have a good weekend if I don't make it back on.

@TRS30 and @jellybear - hope your'e both recovering well.

Happy April everyone - the year is progressing nicely.

Fingers crossed you'll see a significant improvement over the weekend, anyone I know who's caught it recently & struggled with it said it 90% cleared up in about a 24-48 hour period so hopefully thats started for you now. Assume you're waiting until the 7 days are up before testing yourself again?

My daughter finished her isolation yesterday & tested negative twice so we let her go back in to school today, the rest of us are still testing negative so looks like we avoided catching it again. All 4 of us have had it now since christmas so hoping it provides us some form of protection for the time being.

• Advertisement

Oh @TRS30, you poor thing! My husband is isolating upstairs in his office/spare bedroom and he says the same, really missing us. Sure we miss him too! He has only started to feel a slight bit better today, positive antigen was Monday evening, so it's taken a few days. He seems to mainly have a cough now and temp is finally under control.

Really hope you're feeling better soon and you get to enjoy your little one's birthday next weekend 😊

Advertisement