Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Yep, can feel an improvement after the first 48 hrs or so. Cough is still hanging around which is annoying more than anything else.

Will test again Monday & Tuesday and hopefully be negative so can finally leave the attic!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I'm tempted. Mine goes up start of November, so only 7 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,354 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I got these bath bombs at Christmas. They are 5 in pack. I used my first one for Rudulph Day in March. They next four over the next four sort of Christmas free months.

Then I'll have the Brown Thomas Christmsd shop in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭BK5

Traffic quiet here the last few days, does having a hangover qualify as Christmassy? 😄

Hope everyone is having a great weekend, weather is great here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It's been a lovely day! I sat in the sun for most of the afternoon, as I doubt I'll see much of it next week! 🌞

I've been looking at the sun out the velux window :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,198 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Still isolating? Hoping you feel a bit better anyway.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 30,354 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Census Time!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Love it. 😁

• Advertisement

Today is day 7 should should be finished. Took a test yesterday and came back with a strong positive! Will do another one this morning and see.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Looks a bit grey and dull out there, where I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,061 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I didn't test negative until Day 10. I had a feint second line on Day 6 and a strong one on Day 7 so I understand the frustration!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭jellybear

@TRS30 Make sure to read up on ending isolation on the HSE website. As Caranica said, you may still test positive on antigens for days. It's based more on synptoms, minus a cough, which can linger. You need to be symptom free for 48 hours.

My husband finishes his isolation today- thank God!!!- and he'll be wearing an FFP2 mask around us and will still sleep in the spare room, eat separately etc for the next few days, just to be on the safe side 🙂

Hope you're feeling better though and I'm sure you can't wait to see the back of that attic room!😄

I had covid at the time the guidelines said that if you tested negative on Day 10 you could stop isolating (full isolation was 12 days I think at the time) but it was Day 12 before I returned a negative test. As i was more or less asymptomatic it was incredibly frustrating. Very few people I know have tested negative after just 7 days.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Hope you are feeling better, @TRS30 & not going up the walls. I didn't test negative until Day 11 so I feel your pain! We had to do a full 14 days of isolation as a family as our smaller kids weren't vaccinated & we couldn't isolate from them fully.

FTR i noticed that today is day 100 since last Christmas... that's been an incredibly fast 100 days IMO!!

Thanks all. Have felt fine the last few days, just the cough, which seems to be a regular thing. Have done the 7 days so got up this morning, had a shower and came downstairs. Kids are all in school and wife had now got a positive antigen this morning! She only had it at Christmas, as most of you know, so seems like this particular variant is very very transmissible as she kept her distance as soon as i tested positive last week.

It just seems like it's never ending and looks like youngest's birthday party is going to be scraped again. She is only 3 so have never had a party :(

Sorry rant over.

Post edited by TRS30 on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭jellybear

Awh @TRS30 that's just the pits 😔 You guys must be so disappointed! I'm glad you're on the mend though and hopefully your wife won't feel too unwell.

Ah jeez, that is awful, TRS! Hope she is not feeling too ill! It's a nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 6,825 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

@TRS30 - that’s awful. Have heard of lots of cases where people who had it recently have gotten it again. Hope things improve for you soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭BK5

Happy Friday everyone. We finished off a big tin of Quality Street last night, I think it was the last thing in the house from Christmas.

Anyone else have anything left over?

Still have 2 dozen mince pies in the freezer. Usually oepn a packet around easter so they'll be half gone in a week or two! The rest I'll defrost & eat in the summer. Started doing this a couple of years ago & love the odd treat of a mince pie out of season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭antimatterx

In the past we've over estimated how much we needed and often had it left for months after as people were sick of eating it. This year we bought a good chunk left and have nothing which has its pros / cons 🤣

My wife just took a Christmas pudding out the press earlier to check the BBD. It's May so probably have it over Easter.

I think we've a tin of heroes in the press...probably through them into a chocolate biscuit cake in the next few weeks - we've two birthdays in the house in April & I love making a biscuit cake cos it freezes so well 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Thank god its Friday!

Did anyone see dragons den last night? There was a company where they made black Christmas ornaments. One of the girls daughters asked her if angels could only be white so she set out to right it.

SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is snowing...it's the 8th of April 🤯

• Registered Users Posts: 6,825 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

We just had a heavy shower of hailstones and it's gotten very cold. Wouldn't mind a bit of snow.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

No Christmas stock left over. But Easter stock is building nicely. Why can’t holidays be sponsored by fruit and veg and not Cadbury’s. It’d save me a fortune in gym fees.

• Advertisement

Yeah I seen dragons den. Decorations were a great idea. Love seeing Christmas pop up unexpectedly on tv.

Advertisement