Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,301 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Happy Easter one and all 🐣🍫

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

I was back in Dublin for a few hours over the weekend and had a good few flights (too many) which always getting me thinking of Christmas. Heathrow reminded me of love actually and long flights in general where I end up shuffling songs and listening to a few bars of Christmas music. Anyway it reminded me to check in. I hope all is well in Christmas forum land.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Good to hear they caught it early and your Dad seems to be making a full recovery.

Same happened to my Dad. Picked up early as part of a health check up for his life assurance, had the Op and made a full recovery. That was in his early 60's and he'll be 77 this year and still going as strong as ever.

Good to hear from you Jude. You've been missed.

Hope you and the family are all keeping well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Belated Happy Easter everyone! I finished work last Wednesday & I try not to be online when I'm off.

We had a very sedate Easter thanks to Round 2 of Covid hitting the house 😥 Mr. CL came home on Thursday evening with a cough - big whopping positive from him. Tested everyone else & the littlest elf has it too. Myself & Elf 1 had it two months ago so Elf #2 is the last man standing in this house. Testing us all every day now to be on the safe side. In good news though, they are not sick. If my husband hadn't been coughing, I probably wouldn't have realised that the toddler had it as she has no symptoms at all.

Also meant that my birthday on Friday was a pretty quiet affair too - birthday #3 in isolation...I'm having one heck of a celebration next year 🤣

Happy belated birthday Cheerlouth. Covid hit me on day 1 of my 2 week leave, and my OH the second week. Just fever and lack of energy.

My youngest was singing Feliz Navidad for a week of our holiday, she thinks those words are hilarious.

Sorry to hear that CL. Hope all recover quickly. Belated happy birthday as well.

Both my parents are just finishing their isolation tomorrow. My Dad was due to go into hospital last week for a minor op and had a test before hand. He couldn't believe it when it came back positive, he has had no symptoms at all. My Mum was a bit poorly for a couple of days however seems to be Ok now.

She was joking, that we ruined Christmas and they ruined Easter 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 10,177 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Fingers crossed everyone bounces back quickly. Even though we had covid after Christmas wouldn't be surprised if we caught it again after out airport experience over the weekend. I have genuinely never seen Dublin Airport as busy, there was people everywhere with it impossible to find any space, sincerely hope its improved before our next trip there on Christmas eve.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Was it mental?! Yikes! I'm genuinely surprised that I havent' caught it off the toddler yet, she is literally my shadow, permanently hanging out of me, slobbering all over me etc. I can only assume that she has the same strain that we had in Feb & therefore, we have some more immunity to it!

@DvB I can echo that, I was over covid and had to travel to Dublin and back in a day and then do the same trip as week later. I had to to 16 hours (ish) flying in 24 hours on two occasions. I was terrified I would catch it again. Dublin airport wasn't great on the first trip, heathrow was mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Dublin airport was insane last weekend. Everywhere was jammed.

Another nice start here.

Welcome to hump day!

I have strong Christmas spirit this week and my OH is feeling it too...thats sounds weird now that I re-read it. Anyway, we are putting together a plan for this Christmas, things we want to do, things we need replaced etc. We have my folks visiting and I think I will take the week after Christmas off.

• More baking and arts and crafts with the kids
    • New outside lights
    • A second small Christmas tree for the kids to decorate as they like.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭BK5

Great to hear that an early detection meant your Dad recovered well @TRS30, that has helped me be even more positive for him so thank you very much. I spoke to him last night and he's in good form, I think he's very relieved he hasn't been too bad since the op.

249 days to go on the Countdown, I'm sorry but was it not only last week that there was 300 days to go?? 🤔😊🎅

• Registered Users Posts: 30,301 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Well we're into the 240's now!

Well have the May Bank Holiday, Eurovision(I know), then the June Bank Holoday and a few days later it will be 199 days to go!(Whilst the weather will be getting better)(Hopefully).

Feels like summer is just around the corner and once summer is over and Sept comes, we are into full build up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭tscul32

Havent worn a jacket to work the last 2 days. Definite sign that summer is on the way.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I've met lots of people when swimming the last week who have been having their first swim of the year - a sure sign the summer is coming 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

They've turned the heating off in work and it feels like the middle of winter. I'm dressing for what it looks like outside then adding layers in the office ❄️

Happy Friday everyone! Hope you all have a great weekend.

I was in the attic yesterday evening getting vacuum bags down that the wife had summer clothes in and couldn't help but stop and have a good look at the Christmas decorations piled up and said to myself, looking forward to putting those up again this year. 🤞🙂

We have ours in one of two attic spaces we have, it takes up most of that whole space. Whatever way I put them away in January, last thing in was a big smiling Santa face that goes on one of the kids bedroom doors. Any time i have to get something from that side I can't help but see it and it always makes me smile :)

Happy Friday all. Short week however glad to be nearly done. Double kids parties this weekend so will be busy enough. Hopefully weather stays nice, has been great been able to do lots of outdoor things.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Short week, but busy week!! Paying until yesterday for the bank holiday!

Hoping the weather holds for the weekend. 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Same here, had a mad few days this week but today is very quiet, thankfully. Looking forward to the weekend and then we have another long weekend coming up after this one. Have a bottle of wine chilling for tonight 🍷.

That's me done for the day guys. Off to enjoy the sunshine with the kids.

Have a great weekend folks and catch up Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Greeting and salutations all!!

Sorry I’ve been AWOL for a while. Work is slamming me with crazy assignments and project work. Going to be busy until August I reckon.

The wee man has picked up his first ever gastric bug so it’s been projectile vomit and poop since Wednesday. He’s exhausted, his mammy and daddy are exhausted. It’s great craic altogether!! 😂😂

Advertisement