Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,823 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Same here in Cork today, absolutely beautiful weather. We had a barbecue which will hopefully be the first of many.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,340 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I was looking at the Calender Today.

I was like 225 days very soon.

Then the June Bank Holiday.

Then ans Advent Calender until 200.

Then the Longest day of the Year.

Then July.

The August Bank Holiday.

Brown Thomas Christmas Shop.

September.

100 days to Day.

Then your sort of home free.

I know I'm wishing my life away.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭BK5

Did any of you get to see the Aurora light show across the sky last night? We live in a built up area so couldn't get the full effect, there is some brilliant pictures up on the weather thread.

It would kind of remind you of winter nights around Christmas, you'd be watching out for Santa's sleigh. 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Yes seen it , wasn't colourful more like raises of cloud zooming out from one spot from where I seen it, lucky it was clear skies so easily noticeable ,I'm out in the country so have a better view, still it was impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,192 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Looked amazing around 11ish, we watched from our attic rooflights and despite being in a built up area saw it clearer than I've ever seen before this far south. Redder (well magenta really) than I've ever seen before too.

Might see more tonight.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lads the heat and sun today. I’m practically giddy with happiness!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,541 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Didn't see any auroras tonight, but seen them last night and it was amazing. Was redder here than some of the photos I've seen online, it was like a night time rainbow. Obviously Dublin is going to have more light pollution, but still got a decent enough display. I was delighted I got to see them, I'd have been raging today if I'd missed it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Still waiting on a closing date for moving house. Frustrating it's taken this long after everything going so fast at the start. I was packing away stuff the other day and had a loose box with no lid that I had to re-box and it was full of Christmas stuff. This made me smile.

We also found some Christmas ornaments and baubles that we never used, still in the bags we bought them in with receipts from 2018 and 2022. 😂😂

Met with the family today, went to a hotel for a bit of food and back home now with a beer.

Going to a BBQ next Saturday and was told that the hosts have hired a chef for the party, very fancy. Will give a report next week.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Crashed out on the couch after a great day out in Croke Park! Not Louths day but definitely not a walk in the park for the Dubs!

Wasn't pretty to watch but fair play to louth for giving Dublin a game, easily the next best in Leinster now.

Looked like a good crowd down from Louth to for it too.

Yeah I think there were a lot of people getting tickets at the last minute. Stadium was still very empty, only 23K at it. People in both of the two rows in front of us left at half time and never came back 🤷 But lookit, we had a grand afternoon - kids really enjoyed it. Little fella got confused about the goals changing sides after half-time & cheered when Dublin got a point, had to pull him back down 😂 He still came home dreaming of playing for Louth himself one day & that's what it's all about!

Ah that's great, as long as the kids enjoy their day out then all is good. Shame there wasnt a bigger crowd, but thats the story of the season. Still think Louth have a great shout of coming out of their group, it'll boil down to the game v Monaghan so the kids could have a couple more days out yet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

And so it begins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Wow they really are getting it out there early!

It looks like the two sets either side of that box are Christmas based Lego sets as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

They are yeah, Harry potter and can't remember ...

Lego city

Lads….We are half way through May already! ✈️

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,541 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Happy Friday, everyone! Fingers crossed the weather holds for the weekend. 🙂

• Advertisement

Ah the freakin weekend, felt like a long work week even though the year is flying by. Couple of bits to sort this morning then going to a communion/bbq of a family member. Going to catch up with a few cousins so looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,823 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭tscul32

Haven't been on here in ages, just very busy at the moment. Just one week of school left though then a week of exams then freedom for a bit.

A friend rang yesterday to say she'd just got 2 free tickets to Bruce for tonight so that's today's plan. Hoping he sings Santa Claus like he did in Cork.

GGoing For a big walk this morning with the dogs (have my brother's girl while he's away) them I've a lot of projects to grade this afternoon before Bruce.

Beautiful day here, sitting out with my coffee😁☕️

Did get nice weather thankfully, sky cleared as the day wore on.

Nice hungover head on me now too. 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭tscul32

Doesn't look like we're getting Santa Claus is coming to town 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

They actually play a bit of the concert at the end of the RTE news tonight.

Hectic weekend for us, can tell our holidays are coming up fast as I'm reaching that point where a rest is really needed. Its been a busy (& stressful) year for us so far & boy am I looking forward to boarding that plane to sunnier climes… truth is i'll just be glad to be away from work for 12 days.

Than When we get back we have my wife's family over visiting from Yorkshire & then nothing planned other than a camping trip in August with some friends & their kids… so looking forward to hopefully having some relaxing weekends in July/Aug with no GAA games getting in the way either…. everything seems to be moving so fast I just look forward to slowing down nowadays!!

Down in westport today, weather feels closer to Christmas than summer, wet, cold and miserable. Lashed rain most of the journey down too.... meh.

Hope ye are all having a more positive day.

Did see an advert for a Christmas party venue on the drive though that i hadn't noticed previously though.

Not raining here but very windy and cold compared to the last few days. Kids went to school in shorts so hope they aren't skint!

• Advertisement

Got a bit chilly this evening alright, rain forecast for the weekend 🙄

Advertisement