Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

We had a small flurry of snow on Wednesday. And it is cold today. Now is not the time for a unexpected cold snap especially with energy prices the way they are!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Lashing here one minute and blinding sun the next!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Back to the sun splitting the stones here...but it's freezing out!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yeah I got loads of heavy hail showers out this way today too!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Mad weather altogether, it's like November!! Brrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭tscul32

Just packed my 14 year old off on a scout weekend. They're camping tonight in the Dublin mountains!!! Told him to just wear ALL his clothes tonight and hope it doesn't snow.

I'm in a tent tomorrow night with the Cubs but thankfully it shouldn't be quite as cold 🤞 and we won't be in the mountains.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Sorry I haven’t been on here but I’ve been busy with work and I now have Covid but thankfully it seem to be mild but it’s the cough that’s killing me. Hope everyone is keeping well and anyone who has it is on the mend

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭BK5

Glad you're not feeling too bad @Autosport , hope you recover really quickly. I was recovered from it but still had a cough for a few weeks, all the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,354 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We're into the 250 's!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭BK5

Just had a lovely weekend. Met up with the wife's side of the family last night to mark the fact that her father would have been 80 if he was still with us and a few of us met up again for some dinner and few drinks in a hotel.

Lovely seeing some people that we haven't seen in the last few years.

Morning all

Hope all had a nice weekend.

How you feeling @Autosport? Hope the symptoms are still mild. Unfortunately the cough seems to hangs around for awhile.

Was youngest's Elf birthday Sat so had all the family over yesterday to the house. Was the first time we've all been together since my Dad's birthday back in December. Was a lovely afternoon and just great to all be together.

Short week and the sun is shining (still cold) so not the worst start to a Monday.

Delighted you could have a little party for the small Elf, @TRS30! Hope she had a good day!

Hope you are on the mend @Autosport!

We had a nice weekend - lots of kiddie sporting events but it was lovely. We had an impromptu get-together at my parents yesterday - we called in to say hello & managed to coincide with my sister & her family. We were looking through old photo albums, gas some of the get up of us from the late 80s, early 90s! And the memories, gosh we had a good laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

It's only 10 o'clock and I'm already wishing the hours away. I had a terrible sleep and now I'm like a briar and can't seem to focus.

Thank god I'm lucky enough to have a short week with good Friday! I've no easter plans but it'll be nice to get some housework done.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,199 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Off next week myself. Work is outrageously busy at the moment though so the timing isn't great, but sod it, you need a break too and this was booked back in January to coincide with the kids easter holidays.

We're heading to the UK on Friday to visit my wife's family, first time we'll have been on a plane since the summer of 2019!! But need to focus on getting as far ahead wth work as possible before I finish up on Thursday or I'll be coming back to a sh*tstorm of epic proportions!

By the time I'll be back in work after the break it'll be 25th April (Rudolph day No.4!!) and will be less than a week from May 😲

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

I'm starting to wish I'd taken next week off 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭tscul32

Just my regular part time job this week and next, my extra days in the school are obviously off for the Easter hols. Just have to spend the extra time off doing assignments for my course. Will be very busy for the next 5 weeks. Then I can breathe. But it could be worse, if we'd got the house we were bidding on then I'd also be trying to sell mine at the moment.

Morning all

Horrible wet morning here now. Weather been a bit depressing lately, cold, overcast, wet and windy with the odd nice day/half day.

At least it's a short week so really Wednesday already!

Same here - hoping it will improve for the weekend!

Lets hope so, with 4 days off would be nice to be able to get out and about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,199 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I'm off for 10 days come finishing up Thursday evening, so would love some reasonable weather next week so we can do some outdoor bits with the kids, long range forecast looking very unsettled though so could be hit & miss and make a call on the day situation

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Same, I've a few days off next week - not quite as many as you - but half thinking of taking the kids to the zoo...but only if we don't have to be in the wet gear!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

It is absolutely lepping off the ground here!

One of my dogs doesn't like the rain at all so I don't think we'll be doing a lunchtime ramble today. It was enough to get her to go out and use the loo this morning.

I've no plans for Easter really but I hope for all of you with kids it dries up. Indoor days out can get expensive!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Yes, it's looking unsettled for the Easter weekend, alright.

If it had been nice for the last few days, though, I'd be assuming it wouldn't last, so at least maybe this way there is some hope!

Still raining here :(

Has finally stopped raining here - which probably means that the slugs are chowing down on my hydrangeas now 😥 Hoping the kids can get out for a play today, they were up the walls yesterday being indoors all day.

Anyone watch Derry Girls last night? Gave me a good laugh

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Haven't posted on here in forever but I just bought some Christmas lights this April morning and there is nowhere else where sharing that kind of news would be understood!

Morning all

Drier start to the day here. Hopefully stays that way and will get out for a walk at lunch time. Didn't leave the house all day yesterday apart from dropping kids to camp and picking up. At least wouldn't need to water anything in the garden for a while :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I must be the only one who hasn’t watched Derry Girls 😄

• Advertisement

Advertisement