Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,126 ✭✭✭✭DvB

To be fair, we do have a LED lit snowman (got it in the Range a couple of years ago) but if we get any kind of heavy wind himself & the reindeer (also LED lit) tend to blow over as they're not that heavy (had to do it a few times last year for example). The lack of returning them to their correct position may be a give away that there's no one home which is our biggest priority given the time of year & general increase in break ins.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Okay, Mr Krank. 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

We had the same issue with our snowman, kept blowing over if any kind of strong wind or rain. Last year I put them on top of the small wall at the side of the house and strapped him to a pillar at the end of the wall. Being higher up, you could see him better as well so will probably do the same again this year.

HA!! You'll never catch me in a pair of speedo's!!! 🤣

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭BK5

Horrible morning here but hope everyone has a brilliant long weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Another blur of a week. Little man was sick last week and I caught his bug last Sunday. I was so sick for 48 hours with it. Was not nice at all.

Work is break neck speed busy and we had our 2021 Christmas party last night. Was a nice quiet enough night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

I'm looking out at the rain, then looking at the dog as I remember it's my turn for the morning walk😖

Only caught a bug once ever from the kids. It was not fun. Hope you're all feeling better loughc.

Rain forecast in Dublin for the next few days, though we really can't complain as the weather has been decent of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,193 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Well we're into the 230's now.

We've the first third of the year done.

In the next third

In the later half of course we'll be seeing little Christmas bits appearing in the shops.

Happy Bank Holiday everyone! 😄

Going to make three quarters of a Christmas dinner for the family today, don't know why, maybe it's because the year is flying or what but I've got the Christmas "feels" today for the first time this year.

• Advertisement

Happy Bank Holiday Monday everyone. Hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend.

With the rain easing off a little today think we'll get outdoors for a nice long walk or suchlike... Big week of work ahead of me so making the most of the time before I go back into the trenches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Going to be a father for the first time. Everyone knows it was great telling people. Is it weird that one of the first things I was googling was places to buy Christmas outfits for newborns 😂

Many congratulations @Smell the glove, very exciting news. Small kids really bring the magic of Christmas to life.

Thanks for that. Yes Christmas will certainly have a whole new dimension for us now ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

That's such great news - what a happy time for you. Christmas is the best when there are kids around.

It will be amazing to sit in and watch Christmas films, the toy show, going to see Santa and all the other things. I already love Christmas but this will be a whole new level. The thoughts of Christmas morning in a few years is so exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭gidget

Huge congrats to you both. This will 100% bring Christmas onto a whole new level.

Cheers everyone!

Morning all

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Weather wasn't great here however we made the best of it.

Con'grats @Smell the glove, that is brilliant news. Welcome to Christmas 2.0, you get to play Santa now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Congrats @Smell the glove, great news!!🙂🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Congrats @Smell the glove great news!

Congratulations, @Smell the glove that's brilliant! 🙂

Cheers everyone. A scary but also exciting time ha. Cannot wait!

At least its not twins!!

I remember a mate who'd had twins about 2 years before ours arrived, I'd asked him just before ours were born what the first year had been like, he said he had just two words 'amazing' and 'hell'... having been through it myself now I can concur😀

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

First thing I asked my consultant at my first scan "Please tell me there's just one in there!?" 🤣 Twins would absolutely terrify me 😆

Twins would petrify me! The child is due in October so this Christmas is going to be absolutely insane 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

Had 2 small babies at Christmas (not the same year), definitely makes it extra special. Congratulations.

Elf 2 was born 4th Jan and OH broke her toe off a marble fire place putting Christmas decorations up early Dec, that was an interesting Christmas!

Back to more normal Irish weather these days. some sun, some rain, have the shorts and rain coat on!

• Advertisement

It was a lovely day today, but very much in the minority this week!

Advertisement