Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cocaine etc is everywhere?

Options
1151617181921»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Tomaldo wrote: »
    I don't agree, I've heard and seen many pint-drinkers on their high horses lecturing people about their coke use.

Sounds like you’re a fan of the white stuff rather than the black stuff;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

If you only decriminalize the gangs will still operate and get more powerful. Might as well get the tax revenue and standardize the product

I don't really know of any drugs users that ended up in jail for personal stuff anyway. This isn't the US

You might know any but I work in a prison and believe me there's plenty of them. Took in an 'ordinary decent recreational drug user' in the last couple of days who decided the night before that his mother was the devil and needed to be killed. Attacked her with a knife but she was lucky enough to escape from the house.
    This wouldn't be at all unusual.

The irony in all this of course is that generally recreational cocaine users look down on heroin users as it's seen as a dirty drug. The fella who's stoned on heroin however is the least likely to attack anyone. The fella (or girl) on cocaine becomes superman in their own minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

vriesmays wrote: »
    Jonathan Philbin Bowman is dead twenty years this year. Was a former cocaine user and died from falling through a glass door. He should have been hosting the LLS not Tubridy.

Just to be clear and fair to the man's reputation ... I don't know anything about the above accusation that he was a former cocaine user, but Mr Bowman certainly died of injuries received from falling while drunk. The toxicology report at his inquest stated that there was a considerable level of alcohol, but no drugs were present in his system.

The coroner recorded a verdict of accidental death.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

You might know any but I work in a prison and believe me there's plenty of them. Took in an 'ordinary decent recreational drug user' in the last couple of days who decided the night before that his mother was the devil and needed to be killed. Attacked her with a knife but she was lucky enough to escape from the house.

The irony in all this of course is that generally recreational cocaine users look down on heroin users as it's seen as a dirty drug. The fella who's stoned on heroin however is the least likely to attack anyone. The fella (or girl) on cocaine becomes superman in their own minds.

Until the hit wears off and they're sick. Then they're liable to do ANYTHING for the next hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

carbsy wrote: »
    Until the hit wears off and they're sick. Then they're liable to do ANYTHING for the next hit.

Very true of some of them. They're probably responsible for more street robberies /jumpovers / burglaries than any other group but again, that's only some of them.
    There's actually loads of heroin users out there who have never been in trouble in their lives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Tomaldo

Sounds like you’re a fan of the white stuff rather than the black stuff;)

Nope, I've consumed far more of the black stuff than the white.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Tomaldo

I've taken coke many times and not once did I try to kill my mother or anybody else and I don't know any other users who attempted the same. That guy probably had other issues/problems, please don't tar us all with the same brush.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,153 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Are you saying there is a direct cause to this correlation?

... and some cannabis smokers look down on cocaine uers and some alcohol users look down on the cannabis users and some teetotalers look down on alcohol users and so on and so on...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,313 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Strumms wrote: »
    I’ve little experience being around coke users, mainly it was a work social scene but it mirrored your experiences... a pretty good work friend and occasional drinking buddy was a complete wanknut on coke, others not far behind....once he wanted a ‘word outside’ as I was supposedly talking about him... how he gathered that from 15 meters the other side of the bar... and not even looking at him..good stuff...

I’ve been with him just having pints, a sweetheart of a human, but that shît... man.

I was never a proper druggie. I was engaged in the E era, back in the 90's, when nightclubs were called 'raves'. It was a lot of fun which is all a distant memory to me me now. When I go out these days, I drink, that's it.

But there was an obvious divide in those clubs back them, those that took E and those who did coke. It was always the more pretensions types that took coke, ppl with notions about themselves. So I'm not sure if coke actually made those types obnoxious just they were more likely pretentious tossers in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Fade Into You

I think it was the people who took cokes.
    I think the majority of people who were a bit of a weirdo would have been a bit more open about it, but I think it's important to remember that the majority were in their 30s and 40s, and it's a common knowledge

• Advertisement
Advertisement