Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cocaine etc is everywhere?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

theballz wrote: »

A local 27 year old, works as a sparks, buys coke on Tuesday and will do every night right the way through to Sunday. It's insanity

I'm puzzled.

Why not Mondays?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

I'm puzzled.

Why not Mondays?

Needs a night off to straighten himself out

• Registered Users Posts: 33,241 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

mad m wrote: »
    I don't normally weigh in to these debates. But having read some of your comments, that you have admitted to using Cocaine to enhance a night out doesn't seem sensible or mature to me.
    I'm puzzled.

Why not Mondays?

He don't like Mondays.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

He don't like Mondays.

I'm not a fan myself.

I find most Mondays could be improved by the addition of cocaine!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Big Gerry

Tomaldo wrote: »
    Your experience of coke is not the same as mine or the majority of its users. If ur concerned about men being shot in Dublin, u should want it to be leglaised, instead of lecturing its users for lack of morality. When and where has prohibition ever worked

I don't think cocaine will be legalised because unlike cannabis or alcohol coke users can drop dead on the spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

what a suprise ,young people do stupid things that are dangerous and unhealthy.
    No one starts smoking at the age of 30.
    we start at the age of 16 or 17 getting a few smokes from a friend .
    cocaine is gods way of telling you you have too much money.
    hash is popular because its cheap, using cocaine is one step away from using heroin .
    People will offer you drugs free .
    ah sure try it ,everyone does it.
    you can use hash now and again without it taking over your life.
    Mnay famous people and actors have admitted smoking hash in states where its legal.
    i,m not saying anyone should use drugs.
    Cocaine is at the more extreme end of the spectrum.
    i have never used drugs, from what i read coke is addictive and gets
    people high very quickly .
    Drugs are a multi billion dollar industry, its literally impossible to stop them coming in to a country .

I'm not a fan myself.

I find most Mondays could be improved by the addition of cocaine!

I work weekends, so I'm ok with them :)
    riclad wrote: »
    what a suprise ,young people do stupid things that are dangerous and unhealthy.
    Flattered you think I'm young :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 RLF71

You have two types of cocaine users. Ones who use it to hide from something in themselves and it gets out of hand. The others know the dangers and know their limits in using. The ones who lose control of themselves seem to take this sanctimonious route on the ones who have a grasp on using it for recreation.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Tomaldo

Alfred123 wrote: »
    Exactly this. Yet there are people posting on here comparing Cocaine use to 'sampling new food'. WTF

.. claiming that they are immune and bellowing on about legalizing the stuff.

I think Coke dealers are akin to paedophiles. They sew destruction wherever they pedal their wares. Lock the fcukers up and lose the key.

As for the Users - we need harsher penalties : imprisonment is a start with optional rehab while incarcerated.

I was in the Coke hole for a spell and have seen first hand decent ordinary folk become lying, thieving scum via Cocaine use

"But this is not my experience", they whine. No indeed, not yet. Just keep on dancing with Mme Cocaine and let's see how immune you are

Coke - dealers sell to consenting adults, victims of paedos do not or are too young to consent. People get enjoyment from coke, paedo victims do not. On what factual basis did u come to this comparison. Apart from both being illegal, there is no similarity between the two.
    As for tougher sentences for users, we cannot afford that, even pre-covid. Didn't we pass a law recently that which means you can't be charged for personal possession.

Big Gerry wrote: »
    I don't think cocaine will be legalised because unlike cannabis or alcohol coke users can drop dead on the spot.

Not true, I personally knew a heavy alcohol drinker who died on his own vomit after a night's drinking and he was anti-illegal drugs.

• Advertisement

Not true, I personally knew a heavy alcohol drinker who died on his own vomit after a night's drinking and he was anti-illegal drugs.

But you are not going to drop dead form alcohol if you drink in moderation.

Cocaine on the other hand can kill some people after just one line.

ElJeffe wrote: »
    Each to their own but if you want to be part of the problem then go ahead. Drugs destroy lives and communities from Darndale to Foxrock and from Juarez to Bogota. I notice a lot of people telling how coke effects them without mentioning others. Maybe that's part of the selfish human condition but it's a pretty ugly part.
    The last time I looked, Foxrock was one of the most expensive places to buy a property in Ireland. Could u tell me how coke destroyed the lives of Paul McCartney, Keith Richards and Kate Moss as they choose what type of Rolls Royce/Ferrari to buy next while their maids serve them the finest foods in their luxury mansions. BTW they weren't always rich, they became wealthier AFTER they took it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

The last time I looked, Foxrock was one of the most expensive places to buy a property in Ireland. Could u tell me how coke destroyed the lives of Paul McCartney, Keith Richards and Kate Moss as they choose what type of Rolls Royce/Ferrari to buy next while their maids serve them the finest foods in their luxury mansions. BTW they weren't always rich, they became wealthier AFTER they took it.

Not to disagree but your equating being rich as not having your life destroyed. You could be rich, lose your family, friends wreck your body etc etc and your cherry picking, loads of famous people ended up in bits Kurt Contain, Amy Winehouse, Brian Jones(to your Keith Richards) and loads more

Apart from that loads of people take drugs with no real effect on their life. The difference is between use & abuse

But you are not going to drop dead form alcohol if you drink in moderation.

Cocaine on the other hand can kill some people after just one line.

So can peanuts.

Not to disagree but your equating being rich as not having your life destroyed. You could be rich, lose your family, friends wreck your body etc etc and your cherry picking, loads of famous people ended up in bits Kurt Contain, Amy Winehouse, Brian Jones(to your Keith Richards) and loads more

Apart from that loads of people take drugs with no real effect on their life. The difference is between use & abuse
    Kurt Cobain died from a gun (suicide) Amy Winehouse from alcohol poisioning, Brian Jones from drowning. Why don't we ban guns, alcohol and swimming pools?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Alfred123

Cocaine is evil - you just have to read some of the posters above to see how it is beginning to seriously play with their grey matter. Alarming stuff !!

One poster says Peanuts can kill you just as easily as Cocaine so lets legalize Coke. (That there is brain damage pure and simple)

Another casualty of the Cocaine snortfesht is the chap above who claims since cars, buses, boats n trains etc kill more people than Cocaine, then cars, buses, boats and trains shd be banned too

And you can see his point. Why, only last week I spotted a lady trying to mount a gram of Coke in Ballsbridge to get to the city centre. I don't know if she made it

One can only hope these posters get the help they so desperately need and soon. Its very sad when you have addicts writing into Boards and seeing, first hand, their deterioration. We really should help them - at least with their reasoning.

Otherwise, we'll be finding them in bus depots tryin to snort buses LOLS. Then it will be too late ..

Kurt Cobain died from a gun (suicide) Amy Winehouse from alcohol poisioning, Brian Jones from drowning. Why don't we ban guns, alcohol and swimming pools?

Seriously? Their lives were a mess with drug abuse. Unless your specifically talking about how people died.
    Brian Jones developed a severe substance abuse problem that by the mid-1960s had taken a toll on his health, landed him in jail and alienated him from his bandmates. He was forced out of the group in June 1969. The following month, Jones was found dead at the bottom of his swimming pool; police reported that he had drowned while under the influence of alcohol and drugs.

Yeah the swimming pool was the real problem
    Cobain struggled with mental illness, chronic health problems and heroin addiction. He committed suicide in April 1994,
    Amy Winehouse battled drug and alcohol addiction for years

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Alfred123

Seriously? Their lives were a mess with drug abuse. Unless your specifically talking about how people died.

No, he doesn't know what he's talking about, Gazz.

Like i say, let them show how the Coke and elephant tranquilizer is destroying to their brain cells

Their own posts here are the best argument can be levelled against the legalization of Coke

One could laugh at the logic if it were not so tragic

I'm all for legalization, prohibition doesn't stop the flow of drugs one bit, it only enriches gangs. Far better to bring in regulations and let the government get the tax money that can be invested in education & health. Statistically alcohol is far more destructive. People find it easier to get drugs than alcohol, I would have to travel further to buy drink, a lot of dealers operate long hours over the weekend, delivering to parties, to your home etc. Black markets are very efficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭DonalK1981

I'm all for legalization, prohibition doesn't stop the flow of drugs one bit, it only enriches gangs. Far better to bring in regulations and let the government get the tax money that can be invested in education & health. Statistically alcohol is far more destructive. People find it easier to get drugs than alcohol, I would have to travel further to buy drink, a lot of dealers operate long hours over the weekend, delivering to parties, to your home etc. Black markets are very efficient.

The argument doesn't need to go so far as to incentivize a government to tax it, the money they save on policing & incarcerating people alone would be immense. Illegal drug taking sweeps everything under the carpet, to decriminalize it would allow people to be more open with their habits/problems and perhaps come out and get help for it if needed. Others who don't find it impactful on their daily lives can take their lines as others take their pint as a recreational hobby, without the fear of the Garda handcuffing them, them losing their job and going to jail or being in the papers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

Asked a neighbor the other day how her son was getting on , hadnt seen him in yonks.
    Turns out hes in hidsbedroom for last 12 months suffering with depression from cocaine/weed use , was a fine young man , good at sport and fairly good at school, now his brain is fried from cocaine and weed and he can hardly make himself a cup of tea, great stuff these drugs .

DonalK1981 wrote: »
    The argument doesn't need to go so far as to incentivize a government to tax it, the money they save on policing & incarcerating people alone would be immense. Illegal drug taking sweeps everything under the carpet, to decriminalize it would allow people to be more open with their habits/problems and perhaps come out and get help for it if needed. Others who don't find it impactful on their daily lives can take their lines as others take their pint as a recreational hobby, without the fear of the Garda handcuffing them, them losing their job and going to jail or being in the papers.

If you only decriminalize the gangs will still operate and get more powerful. Might as well get the tax revenue and standardize the product

I don't really know of any drugs users that ended up in jail for personal stuff anyway. This isn't the US

If you only decriminalize the gangs will still operate and get more powerful. Might as well get the tax revenue and standardize the product

I don't really know of any drugs users that ended up in jail for personal stuff anyway. This isn't the US

That's generally because small amounts for personal consumption only result in cautions. You need to be caught with a significant amount before you and up in jail, and it's usually for intent to supply or distribute.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭DonalK1981

The courts waste a substantial amount of time on these cases, as do the police. If people are of age and minding their own business then let them have at it.

Alfred123 wrote: »
    Cocaine is evil - you just have to read some of the posters above to see how it is beginning to seriously play with their grey matter. Alarming stuff !!

One poster says Peanuts can kill you just as easily as Cocaine so lets legalize Coke. (That there is brain damage pure and simple)

Another casualty of the Cocaine snortfesht is the chap above who claims since cars, buses, boats n trains etc kill more people than Cocaine, then cars, buses, boats and trains shd be banned too

And you can see his point. Why, only last week I spotted a lady trying to mount a gram of Coke in Ballsbridge to get to the city centre. I don't know if she made it

One can only hope these posters get the help they so desperately need and soon. Its very sad when you have addicts writing into Boards and seeing, first hand, their deterioration. We really should help them - at least with their reasoning.

Otherwise, we'll be finding them in bus depots tryin to snort buses LOLS. Then it will be too late ..
    Cocaine is evil? how can an inanimate substance be evil. Are you confusing it with rapists, murderers or animal torturers. I didn't say those modes of transport should be banned and I don't want to sound petty or pedantic but I said airplanes not buses or boats. That's twice u misquoted me. Do you over-rate your own grey matter. Addict? I took it 3 times in 2020 and it wouldn't bother me if I never saw it again but I still don't believe it should be illegal.

So can peanuts.

But how many people have been killed by peanuts ?

Cocaine has killed far more people than peanuts.

• Site Banned Posts: 9 harrymcgowan

Wasn't cocaine originally used in medicine during the 1800s? Even Coca-Cola means "drink from the coca plant".

AFAIK, eating coca leaves isn't harmful and native people in South America did it for hundreds of years.

How then is the end product, cocaine harmful?

Wasn't cocaine originally used in medicine during the 1800s? Even Coca-Cola means "drink from the coca plant".

AFAIK, eating coca leaves isn't harmful and native people in South America did it for hundreds of years.

Processed cocaine would be hundreds of times more powerful than the raw plant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭bullpost

All kinds of everything mixed with it before joe public snorts it.

• Advertisement

But how many people have been killed by peanuts ?

Cocaine has killed far more people than peanuts.

The point was: if a substance can kill some people upon ingrstion, it should be banned.

My point is: this is fallacy.

Proven.

Advertisement