Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cocaine etc is everywhere?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

So whys a casual Cocaine, MDMA, Cannabis consumption etc treated differently to someone who likes a drink every and then?

Tax.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    thanks for your input, im intellectually stimulated by your offerings

Go read a book, do yourself a favour.

I am disappointed I fed you know, my bad.

What do you think about cocaine abuse?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,071 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Go read a book, do yourself a favour.

I am disappointed I fed you know, my bad.

What do you think about cocaine abuse?

general cant, but thanks for the offer

drug abuse of any kind can be and is tragic, my nearest neighbors more than likely are alcoholics, and maybe drug addicts to, their antics are tragic to say the least, not just for themselves, but particularly for their kids. it might be best to legalise the lot now, it might just be a better method of managing the problem, but it more than likely would introduce its own set of problems

general cant, but thanks for the offer

drug abuse of any kind can be and is tragic, my nearest neighbors more than likely are alcoholics, and maybe drug addicts to, their antics are tragic to say the least, not just for themselves, but particularly for their kids. it might be best to legalise the lot now, it might just be a better method of managing the problem, but it more than likely would introduce its own set of problems

Report them to social services if you feel so strong about your neighbour's drug and alcohol abuse. Posting it on an internet forum will not solve the problem, or the issue their children face as a result. If you really were a communist you would have no issue with this, they are your neighbours after all.

https://www.tusla.ie/services/child-protection-welfare/contact-a-social-worker/

Report them to social services if you feel so strong about your neighbour's drug and alcohol abuse. Posting it on an internet forum will not solve the problem, or the issue their children face as a result. If you really were a communist you would have no issue with this, they are your neighbours after all.

https://www.tusla.ie/services/child-protection-welfare/contact-a-social-worker/

these are the kind of things that can sometimes happen when others get involved!

https://waterfordnow.ie/news/garda-probe-as-car-parked-in-driveway-of-house-in-waterford-city-bursts-into-flames/#:~:text=A%20car%20parked%20in%20the,heard%20echoing%20through%20neighbouring%20estates.

life isnt black or white, or that straightforward, theyve been reported many times, the system responds with nothing!

communist! no clue where you re going with that one!

• Advertisement

these are the kind of things that can sometimes happen when others get involved!

https://waterfordnow.ie/news/garda-probe-as-car-parked-in-driveway-of-house-in-waterford-city-bursts-into-flames/#:~:text=A%20car%20parked%20in%20the,heard%20echoing%20through%20neighbouring%20estates.

life isnt black or white, or that straightforward, theyve been reported many times, the system responds with nothing!

communist! no clue where you re going with that one!

Do you think the government should be doing more to counteract the social issues surrounding cocaine abuse?

Would you prefer to see them escalate abuse prevention, or, should they spend more money and resources coping with the detrimental social issues with which your neighbour's children are currently suffering?

What do you think the governments approach ( if any ) should be here?

Do you think the government should be doing more to counteract the social issues surrounding cocaine abuse?

Would you prefer to see them escalate abuse prevention, or, should they spend more money and resources coping with the detrimental social issues with which your neighbour's children are currently suffering?

What do you think the governments approach ( if any ) should be here?

depends what you call counteracting? the consumption of mind altering substances, including alcohol, is extremely complex

again, your choice of words such as 'escalate', is interesting to say the least, an astonishing level of investment is required to start dealing with our overall addiction and mental health issues, a few billion immediately would be a good start

legislation is probably worth considering of all drugs, and a major investment in mental health services

depends what you call counteracting? the consumption of mind altering substances, including alcohol, is extremely complex
    You are hardly leaping off the proverbial fence here, answered with the tenacity of a politician at a public enquiry, your response is very much appreciated etc etc.
    again, your choice of words such as 'escalate', is interesting to say the least, an astonishing level of investment is required to start dealing with our overall addiction and mental health issues, a few billion immediately would be a good start

more deflection, in fact throwing money at a problem is exactly the kind of response I expected given your previous contributions to this thread
    legislation is probably worth considering of all drugs, and a major investment in mental health services

Legalising cocaine use is an extremely bad idea. It is a very potent stimulant with highly addictive psychoactive properties, in brief it phucks with your mind after prolonged use. Legalisation would mean you could score some at your local chemist for less than a packet of fags, it is not going to pan out in a positive way. Some drugs are just bad for society anyway, despite their prohibition, sometimes the status quo makes very good sense. So no that is very poorly thought through response, lazy enough.

You are hardly leaping off the proverbial fence here, answered with the tenacity of a politician at a public enquiry, your response is very much appreciated etc etc.

more deflection, in fact throwing money at a problem is exactly the kind of response I expected given your previous contributions to this thread

Legalising cocaine use is an extremely bad idea. It is a very potent stimulant with highly addictive psychoactive properties, in brief it phucks with your mind after prolonged use. Legalisation would mean you could score some at your local chemist for less than a packet of fags, it is not going to pan out in a positive way. Some drugs are just bad for society anyway, despite their prohibition, sometimes the status quo makes very good sense. So no that is very poorly thought through response, lazy enough.

please bedazzle me with your brilliance, in how to deal which such social issues?

please bedazzle me with your brilliance, in how to deal which such social issues?

No, it is my turn to be lazy now, you have been fed enough for today.

Bye.

• Advertisement

IAMAMORON wrote:
    No, it is my turn to be lazy now, you have been fed enough for today.

Thank you, as always, I'm amazed with your brilliance

• Registered Users Posts: 25,071 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

So whys a casual Cocaine, MDMA, Cannabis consumption etc treated differently to someone who likes a drink every and then?

Because the sale and supply and manufacturing of cocaine is controlled by dangerous criminals.

Because the likelihood of health issues as a result of misuse or some use is higher with those drugs.

The social impact.. nobody gets shot because of a bottle of Powers or a tray of Bulmers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Strumms wrote: »
    Because the likelihood of health issues as a result of misuse or some use is higher with those drugs.

For some of the drugs he mentioned, definitely. I doubt alcohol would come out top of any list as far as health issues are concerned though.
    Because the sale and supply and manufacturing of cocaine is controlled by dangerous criminals.

The social impact.. nobody gets shot because of a bottle of Powers or a tray of Bulmers.

People got shot when Prohibition was in force in America. Criminal gangs took control of the market, just like they do with illegal drugs here now.

I'm not coming from a point where I would legalise all drugs, that would require some serious thinking from the powers that be in relation to what should and shouldn't but prohibition hasn't worked historically, when we're talking about common drugs like alcohol or cannabis.

Edit: Great, my 5,000th post was a serious point about drugs :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Whether these drugs are legal or not its very easy for anyone to get them. The drugs are already here and I dont think people who abstain are going to start taking them just because they are legal. The only difference is which criminal cabal gets the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,255 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Says who?!

Again - because they're legal, not because they're dangerous.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,740 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

riclad wrote: »
    Cannabis should be made legal for medical purpose,s ,eg you cna get it on prescription from a chemist in limited quantitys .
    Its avaidable in every small town anyway right now.
    https://www.healtheuropa.eu/health-benefits-of-cannabis/92499/
    it does not have the side effects of other drugs if used for medical purposes
    I agree with you . As a man with ms it helped my walking , leg spasms and helps my appetite. I tried cbd oil and I noticed no difference but a joint help me no end. Once or twice a week in a small way and I felt better physically and mentally

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

cj maxx wrote: »
    I agree with you . As a man with ms it helped my walking , leg spasms and helps my appetite. I tried cbd oil and I noticed no difference but a joint help me no end. Once or twice a week in a small way and I felt better physically and mentally

Interesting. I was offered it at a street market as being better than codeine as codeine is addictive. :confused:

Family in Canada where marijuana is legal live across the road from a large commercial growhouse and when they are harvesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,740 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Graces7 wrote: »
    Interesting. I was offered it at a street market as being better than codeine as codeine is addictive. :confused:

Family in Canada where marijuana is legal live across the road from a large commercial growhouse and when they are harvesting...

I took cbd oil for about a month because of glowing reviews on the internet but personally I didn’t notice any difference and I tend to record my ability/ health regularly. I might give it another go but I think the THC did me more good :)

I took cbd oil for about a month because of glowing reviews on the internet but personally I didn’t notice any difference and I tend to record my ability/ health regularly. I might give it another go but I think the THC did me more good :)

lol.. I tried that too to no avail. Accessing such things is hard out here.. :rolleyes:

I still have a lot left; maybe give it another try..You never know...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,912 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

If you're in Ireland, I think the problem is that the CBD oil we get here is, well, ****. There's so little THC in it, that the CBD doesn't get to do what it does best, which is work with a little THC to have the desired effect, ie: Charlottes Web.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

You're still looking to escape though, or need that little boost. Ever had a think that there's a reason for that? I mean without wanting to pry into your personal life, you actually typed 3 red flags right there in fairness. Only one step away from "I can stop any time I want". If you bit a rough patch, will you reach out for that pick me up?

Hi, sorry for the late reply, only seen it now.

You're right, I do believe I'm a drug addict just not a Cocaine addict.

I don't mind, feel free to pry if you like.
    The chip on my sholder is Benzodiazepines & it's various related classes of drugs, a much more addictive & potentially dangerous group of drugs than Cocaine. I am prescribed 25mg of Valium, 200mg of Pregablin (downer, but not benzo) & 15mg of Zopiclone a day, that's a very high dose but is peanuts to what I was once taking without medical supervision.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,912 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

That's the flip side, people on their high horses calling users of cocaine and other illegal drugs as scum, wasters, etc, but at the same time popping a multitude of legal drugs, paracetamol, solpadeine, prescribed benzos, etc. We're all drugs users, just some people hide behind the legality of it. Everything that is now illegal was once legal.

Hi, sorry for the late reply, only seen it now.

You're right, I do believe I'm a drug addict just not a Cocaine addict.

I don't mind, feel free to pry if you like.
    The chip on my sholder is Benzodiazepines & it's various related classes of drugs, a much more addictive & potentially dangerous group of drugs than Cocaine. I am prescribed 25mg of Valium, 200mg of Pregablin (downer, but not benzo) & 15mg of Zopiclone a day, that's a very high dose but is peanuts to what I was once taking without medical supervision.

Feeling for you. I was on 20 mg of Valium at night for decades on a misdiagnosis and getting off it was sheer hell.

Even these days benzos are offered freely.

Are you intending to come off it? It made me suicidal. And when I was free, colours became bright and tastes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

second that. people on it become so moody and angry. got sick of stoners as they are half dead. gosh i sound like maud flanders or reverend lovejoy.

when im in my late sixties, retired and no obligations to anyone, im going on a drug bender to beat all drug benders while not OD'ing

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Tomaldo

I don't agree, IMO keeping it illegal is a worse idea. People get enjoyment from it, nobody tricks or forces you to take it, a lot of rich, talented and famous people have used it and over 99% of users do NOT die from it. Why not legalise it for a couple of years, if your prediction is correct, then revert to banning it. Where and when has prohibition ever worked

Tomaldo wrote:
    I don't agree, IMO keeping it illegal is a worse idea. People get enjoyment from it, nobody tricks or forces you to take it, a lot of rich, talented and famous people have used it and over 99% of users do NOT die from it. Why not legalise it for a couple of years, if your prediction is correct, then revert to banning it. Where and when has prohibition ever worked

Ah if you legalise it, you more than likely won't be able to unlegalise it, then you 'll have to deal with all its negatives

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Ah if you legalise it, you more than likely won't be able to unlegalise it, then you 'll have to deal with all its negatives

Cocaine is already widely available and we have the negatives already.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Tomaldo

What are these negatives, more people enjoying coke more safely, having fun/enjoyment with a safer product. We had the same argument about contraception, puritans against others having fun/enjoyment who thought the Magdalene Laundries were a good idea. Back then if an unmarried woman wanted to have enjoyment she was condemned and punished by a brainwashed society by a hypocritical religious order. Now it's drugs

Cocaine is already widely available and we have the negatives already.
    Tomaldo wrote: »
    What are these negatives, more people enjoying coke more safely, having fun/enjoyment with a safer product. We had the same argument about contraception, puritans against others having fun/enjoyment who thought the Magdalene Laundries were a good idea. Back then if an unmarried woman wanted to have enjoyment she was condemned and punished by a brainwashed society by a hypocritical religious order. Now it's drugs

theres currently no actual 'solutions' to our addictive substances, all have negative outcomes, but our current situation isnt particularly working very well, i do think legalization is worth trying, but this to will be very problematic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

And it has led to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent people.
    So has alcohol but that's great craic so it's OK. Just admit the war on drugs was lost decades ago so legalise it, tax the **** out of it and it will free up a lot more police resources and put a lot of criminal gangs out of business overnight.

Advertisement